Cardiology 2009-2010 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IVs already went:

UF COM - Jacksonville
Wake Forest
Case Western Metro Health

IVs to come

University at Buffalo
St. John's Providence
Marshall

Still waiting for many more.

How should I rank these programs in terms of overall training? Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Any one heard from USF Tampa ?

Last edited:
@ jpthanh

could u tell me when u recieved an invite from providence

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys...Is this the time to e-mail programs on the status of the application? I guess we will not get rejections from all the programs.....Opinions please!

Kaphi, I got the invite this past Wednesday. They are only interview 2 dates: April 16th and 23rd.

How r University of Miami/ Jackson Memorial and Mount sinai medical center,Miami cardiology programs ?

a friend of mine did his fellowship in UMiami and loved it there. I think they acquired a new chief of division a few years ago from somewhere big I think and they were trying to become more academic.

has anyone heard from:
mayo clinic
case
Case / metrohealth
loyola
drexel
thomas jefferson
temple
brown
baylor houston

gad damn i still hope they come trickling in..

Interview dates were Feb 27th and Mar 2nd. They told me they were only going to interview 15 candidates for each session and that was it.

Heard from:
Drexel (2 weeks ago)
Loyola (last week?)
Jefferson (today)
Brown (January)

has anyone heard from:
mayo clinic
case
Case / metrohealth
loyola
drexel
thomas jefferson
temple
brown
baylor houston

gad damn i still hope they come trickling in..

Bonza,

Did the Drexel people give you any emails concerning where to stay, itinerary, etc?

Cardiolipin,

The Drexel people hadn't even responded to my emails. I got the invite, accepted it the same day. Never heard anything back. Then my schedule changed and I couldn't do the date the offered so I canceled, and still haven't heard back. Don't know what's going on over there....

Interview today: CPMC
Interviews:
UW
OHSU
CPMC
UCSF
Stanford
Kaiser SF
UC Davis
Colorado
Michigan
Minnesota
Mayo
NW
Pittsburgh
Duke
UNC
Hopkins
Brown
BIDMC

Waiting: BWH (not really holding my breath on this)

Members don't see this ad :)
interview from university of Toledo today ? any thoughts on how is the program ?

Any Interview experiences here with UT Memphis and Missouri columbia?

Hi Guys, any idea about cardiology program and interview experience at Uni kansas??

I was wondering what people generally thought about applications this year? Does there seem to be less people applying in general? For the applicants that came through my program, many said that there seems to be less people applying this year compared to prior years from many of the traditionally large applicant pool programs (from my own program, we only have 3 applying when we usually have 10-15 a year).

I'm curious if this is due to the Medicare slashes in reimbursement for echo and nucs, or are people migrating more toward lifestyle specialties?

I was wondering what people generally thought about applications this year? Does there seem to be less people applying in general? For the applicants that came through my program, many said that there seems to be less people applying this year compared to prior years from many of the traditionally large applicant pool programs (from my own program, we only have 3 applying when we usually have 10-15 a year).

I'm curious if this is due to the Medicare slashes in reimbursement for echo and nucs, or are people migrating more toward lifestyle specialties?

Last year there was 15 people at my program applying - this year there are 6. The number of people wanting to do cards hasn't changed, the rest of the people wanting to do it are just applying next year instead of this year...so I don't think there's really a good answer to your question.

Hi Guys, any information on the fellowship program and interview experience at KUMC??

Please, would someone share their opinion and what they know about the south Texas programs including UT-Houston, UTMB and Baylor. thanks

Please, would someone share their opinion and what they know about the south Texas programs including UT-Houston, UTMB and Baylor. thanks

Sure. They don't contact you about your status and their websites have out of date information.

Did anyone get any response post interview! I got response from few others
but none from PD ???

Are people still getting interviews or is the season over? :xf:

Congratulations Bonza. 5 is a good number. So programs still sending out new invites or are these the programs you had heard from before?

No I've had these interviews for awhile. UCSD, Scripp, Cedars Sinai, Jefferson, UNC

I have 5 left as well in the next 10 days: CPMC, Hopkins, Pittsburgh, Mayo, Northwestern