Caribbean student hoping for a Plastic residency on USF. Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stchez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am a dominican medical student on my 4th year of a 6 year program without american citizenship or residency. What do I need to obtain a spot on the Plastic Surgery program at the University of South Florida? And if is not possible, which Plastic Surgery program specializing in reconstructive surgery would you recommend on eithe Florida, NY or any east coast state for foreign student? I am really lost so any help would be really appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

The honest truth is that it is very, very unlikely that you're going to get any Plastic Surgery position, anywhere in the US. Plastics is one of the most competitive fields that exist. Last year, there were 3 IMG's who were able to get Plastics spots -- and chances are they had lots of research or other connections to a program.

Reactions: 1 users
The honest truth is that it is very, very unlikely that you're going to get any Plastic Surgery position, anywhere in the US. Plastics is one of the most competitive fields that exist. Last year, there were 3 IMG's who were able to get Plastics spots -- and chances are they had lots of research or other connections to a program.

I understand... and tought so. Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.