CCLCM Hold Ppl- email from Hutzler?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wei28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all you hold people for CCLCM, I received an email from Hutzler and I was wondering if anyone else got it. he basically said, you're stil on hold, but you're a strong applicant, so hang in there, we'll know by april. is he teasing me!? thx.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the same email. I dunno what to think about it though. Should I get my hopes up? I had sort of written them off. I'm still not sure I would go there, but an acceptance would certainly be hard to turn down.

el_chavo said:
I just got the same email. I dunno what to think about it though. Should I get my hopes up? I had sort of written them off. I'm still not sure I would go there, but an acceptance would certainly be hard to turn down.
Probably don't get your hopes up, but thats coming from an eternal pessimist. Needless to say I got the same email, while ego-strokable, I assume it was sent to the majority/all applicants on hold.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email. Do you think everybody got it?

Jason

Jason110 said:
I got the same email. Do you think everybody got it?

Jason
The power of EDIT:

three times is a charm, and back to my original answer of
Yes I do

ughh. i didn't get any e-mail. i really hate reading stuff like this. i doubt it's anything to read into but i can't help myself, of course. had you guys contacted him or anything like that?

I got it too

did you guys who got it interview a while back or something? i only interviewed a few weeks ago and i know chitown did as well. maybe that's it? worrying about this school in particular is making me sick to my stomach. ugh. :(

medstylee said:
did you guys who got it interview a while back or something? i only interviewed a few weeks ago and i know chitown did as well. maybe that's it? worrying about this school in particular is making me sick to my stomach. ugh. :(

i didn't get any sort of email either. :(
to those of you who have heard back... what was the turnaround time?
i feel like i didn't really do that well during the interview (both interviewers were very nice of course but i feel like i could have prepared more) so i don't really want to get my hopes up... but man oh man an acceptance would be sooo nice.

did you guys get a hold letter yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm.. i interviewed about two weeks ago, must have been right after medstylee
I haven't heard anything at all yet.

I got the e-mail too.

medstylee said:

I interviewed way back in early november. maybe they're reminding us because it's been so long. i basically gave up hope.

nevermind. i got one. wow, i can't believe how ridiculous i can get with this site. haha.

oh, and just to clarify, teh-t, i actually got my hold letter two weeks ago. i interviewed a little over a month ago. i hope you get good news!

For those of you on hold, I was in your spot last year and was on the wait list until the very last possible moment -- didn't make it off the list and got cut. BUT THERE IS HOPE, because several people (around 3-4) made it off the hold list and got a spot in the class. Be persistent and send updates.

i got it too, but interviewed in early december

i also sent an update letter

Just curious? Does CCLCM stand for Cleveland College? I'm asking because I've never heard of this school and was just curious.

Got it too. I see a med school email now and just assume it is going to be a "Please be patient. You and a million others are on the waitlist. Congratulations for not going completely nuts!" :thumbup:

gujuDoc said:
Just curious? Does CCLCM stand for Cleveland College? I'm asking because I've never heard of this school and was just curious.
CCLCM = Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (of Case Western Reserve Universtiy)

Tell me you have heard of the clinic?

dont be too hard on the guy....i probably had only heard of the cleveland clinic maybe two years ago....ha. looks like ill be going there....

YzIa said:
CCLCM = Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (of Case Western Reserve Universtiy)

cleveland clinic = one of the best hospitals in the nation. :thumbup:

so...anyone still holding out for cclcm? any ideas what the wait-list might look like now? anyone know how many students are attending cclcm for sure?

another q - has anyone contacted hutzler about the waitlist and received a reply?

Question...

On April 15th, will we learn what type of info should we expect? Is it possible that they'll give out acceptances or only waitlist spots or out right rejections?

nina512 said:
Question...

On April 15th, will we learn what type of info should we expect? Is it possible that they'll give out acceptances or only waitlist spots or out right rejections?
Come on people, the email made it fairly clear. They will be extending quite a few acceptances between now and July. By April 15 all those already accepted either have to commit or drop. After that acceptances will be extended, probably quite a few of them. Then as others drop, they will be replaced.
I assume that Many will be officially waitlisted after the lump of post April 15th decisions is made, and also that many will get their rejections. I don't think it will be ON the 15th, probably within a week or two after.

Still holding on!! :thumbup:

mcjay said:
Still holding on!! :thumbup:

Don't give up!!! My best friend (who WILL NOT go on SDN 'cause it makes her crazy) just gave up her spot at CCLCM. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. :luck:

if it's anything like last year, the first cut will be made before april 15, actually. i think second look weekend (which is happening right now) is a good opportunity for cclcm to guage how many acceptees will definitely be attending. i'm pretty sure that a large portion of the hold list gets cut and a smaller number actually remains on the new waitlist. i don't know that for sure, but based on the sdn consensus last year, this is what happened. also, i believe that those who made the cut and were eventually accepted found out within a short time span sometime in the beginning of may. search for the long cleveland clinic acceptees thread (which is a continuation of last year's cclcm thread) for a thorough discussion (i'm sure i posted a ton on that one). i'm dying to go to this school, so i'm starting to freak out about the upcoming decisions. in any case, some of us on the hold list are bound to eventually be accepted so there is definitely still hope. good luck you guys. :thumbup:

YzIa said:

Yah I have heard of the clinic. I guess I've not seen it abbreviated that way before, so I wasn't sure what it was a reference to but I kinda thought that was what they were talking about.

I thought that CCLCM was different from CRWU's med school. Did not realize they were one in the same. Cuz I have seen people refer to CRWU's med school as CRWU in the past by a former SMP student whom is there now and by someone whom I knew that went there.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

gujuDoc said:
Yah I have heard of the clinic. I guess I've not seen it abbreviated that way before, so I wasn't sure what it was a reference to but I kinda thought that was what they were talking about.

I thought that CCLCM was different from CRWU's med school. Did not realize they were one in the same. Cuz I have seen people refer to CRWU's med school as CRWU in the past by a former SMP student whom is there now and by someone whom I knew that went there.

Thanks for clarifying for me.
They are two different programs. Different admissions, different curriculum, etc. Case still has the "university program" and now also the "college program" that is the CCLCM.

YzIa said:
They are two different programs. Different admissions, different curriculum, etc. Case still has the "university program" and now also the "college program" that is the CCLCM.

Oh ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks a bunch for all your clarification. A friend of mine was recently telling me she's interested in CCLCM, since they have a strong research program.