Cclcm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had an interview at CCLCM recently and fell in love! It truly is an amazing place... I was wondering if anyone has any advice on thank you notes to CCLCMer interviewers.... (email vs snail mail vs anything else you can think to include in it...)

Thank you!!
I'm glad you had such a good experience. :) Thank you notes are nice but not mandatory. In other words, it won't affect your application one way or the other if you send one versus if you don't. But it's a thoughtful thing to do, and it gives you another opportunity to let the admissions people know that you really love the school. I think last year I just emailed all of my interviewers. Don't be surprised though if they don't write you back. Good luck with your apps.

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone,

i really loved cclcm, and i just found out today that i got put on hold. honestly, i'm just glad i wasn't rejected! i was wondering if anyone could clarify what the hold list is. is it basically cclcm adcom speak for waitlist? or is it something else?? is there ALSO a cclcm waitlist?? does it mean that i'm on the border to almost acceptance or almost rejection?? unfortunately, this is all somewhat complicated as i have to decide whether to take biochem this semester to fulfill their requirements. eek! help!!?!:scared:

hey everyone,

i really loved cclcm, and i just found out today that i got put on hold. honestly, i'm just glad i wasn't rejected! i was wondering if anyone could clarify what the hold list is. is it basically cclcm adcom speak for waitlist? or is it something else?? is there ALSO a cclcm waitlist?? does it mean that i'm on the border to almost acceptance or almost rejection?? unfortunately, this is all somewhat complicated as i have to decide whether to take biochem this semester to fulfill their requirements. eek! help!!?!:scared:

i think if you interview and are not accepted, you get put "on hold"

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the 30th of November and just got the hold list letter today, damn, lol. I really loved the school and am wondering if there is anything one can do the possibly get off the list. Good luck to everyone:luck:

i interviewed on the 30th as well =P good luck to you!

amanda*

hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that, but hold is unfortunately the most common outcome for people post-interview. Hold means that no decision has been made about your app yet. It is NOT a waitlist. Basically, the admissions committee wants to finish interviewing everyone first before making their decision. They will decide in the spring (April) to accept, waitlist, or reject you. In the meantime, you should update the admissions office with any new information you have (fall semester grades, new volunteer activities, awards, etc.). According to Dean Franco, letters of intent (where you promise to attend the school and withdraw all of your other apps if they accept you) are not really necessary. Beyond updating your file with new info, I'm not really sure what else you can do to improve your chances of acceptance. I hope this info helps, and good luck to all of you. :)

starlette, I would recommend that you do take the biochem course. Whether you end up at CCLCM or another school, you will be glad once you start med school that you have some background in biochem. And if you do wind up coming here, you don't want to have to be scrambling to take the class over the summer, considering that your first day of orientation will be July 9.

i really appreciate that info. do you know if a waitlist even exists at this point, or do they make that in april? i do plan on taking biochem. thanks again!

i really appreciate that info. do you know if a waitlist even exists at this point, or do they make that in april? i do plan on taking biochem. thanks again!
My understanding is that there are three possibilities post-interview: you can be immediately accepted, immediately rejected, or put on hold. Most interviewees get put on hold. The waitlist will not be made until after all of the interviews are done. So no, there is not a waitlist at this point.

I'm so interested in this program and I haven't heard anything yet. I've heard they only interview until the end of Feb. Anyone else hear? Thanks!

im on the hold list too (interviewed Dec 7, Got "hold" letter on Dec 28). I'm going to send them some updates and cross my fingers. :)

im on the hold list too (interviewed Dec 7, Got "hold" letter on Dec 28). I'm going to send them some updates and cross my fingers. :)
Good luck. :)

Wow, I must have one of the last interview dates, 2/23. Hopefully, this doesn't work against me (ahhh, one of my professors taking 6 weeks to get a LOR sent my come back to bite me)...

Wow, I must have one of the last interview dates, 2/23. Hopefully, this doesn't work against me (ahhh, one of my professors taking 6 weeks to get a LOR sent my come back to bite me)...

I have a really late date like that too (2/19) which I don't fully understand since I was offered an interview invite in mid-December and it seems like other people got earlier dates later. Oh well - still exciting - only 3 more weeks! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my classmates interviewed on the very last possible interview day last year, so don't worry. You can still get accepted no matter when you interview. Good luck. :)

I have a really late date like that too (2/19) which I don't fully understand since I was offered an interview invite in mid-December and it seems like other people got earlier dates later. Oh well - still exciting - only 3 more weeks! :luck: :luck: :luck:
Are you interviewing at the UP also? If you are, then your dates for both interviews will be later than they are for people who are only interviewing at one program. That's because they try to coordinate the interviews so that you don't have to come out to Cleveland twice. This happened to me last year too. I got my invites in October I think, but both of my interviews weren't until January. They said I could come earlier if someone cancelled, but I'd almost certainly have to come here twice if I did that since I probably wouldn't be able to get back-to-back cancellations. So I decided to wait, and it worked out fine. Like I told cureious, people who interview in February can definitely still be accepted. Good luck with your interview. :)

Are you interviewing at the UP also? If you are, then your dates for both interviews will be later than they are for people who are only interviewing at one program. That's because they try to coordinate the interviews so that you don't have to come out to Cleveland twice. This happened to me last year too. I got my invites in October I think, but both of my interviews weren't until January. They said I could come earlier if someone cancelled, but I'd almost certainly have to come here twice if I did that since I probably wouldn't be able to get back-to-back cancellations. So I decided to wait, and it worked out fine. Like I told cureious, people who interview in February can definitely still be accepted. Good luck with your interview. :)

Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it! CCLCM looks absolutely awesome and I can't wait to see the facilities in person. Best of luck stiffany as well! I am sure you will rock the interviews.

Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it! CCLCM looks absolutely awesome and I can't wait to see the facilities in person. Best of luck stiffany as well! I am sure you will rock the interviews.

Thanks cureious. Late interviewees unite! ;) As I said above, I'm really excited about interviewing at CCLCM (and Case). It'll be interesting to see what both of these schools are like since they seem so awesome on "paper". Does anyone know if CCLCM and/or Case get back to applicants quickly post-interview and how?

Thanks cureious. Late interviewees unite! ;) As I said above, I'm really excited about interviewing at CCLCM (and Case). It'll be interesting to see what both of these schools are like since they seem so awesome on "paper". Does anyone know if CCLCM and/or Case get back to applicants quickly post-interview and how?

Case will probably get back to you within a week or two at most. They'll tell you at your interview when you'll go to committee. They're super-fast. CCLCM was more like 3-4 weeks, but that's not too shabby either.

I was just blown away last year. Good luck with your interview. :)

The adcomm apparently meets every two weeks, but it may take longer for you to hear back. I think I heard back after two or three weeks last year. If you're accepted, Dean Franco will call you, so you'll find out faster than if you're on hold. You should probably ask Dean Franco exactly when you can expect to hear when you come for the interview. Good luck to you too. :)

I am on hold with CCLCM (I already sent a letter of update - I'd send a fruit basket but I think that might be a little much.. :D ) Anyway, so my question was... In the hold letter from Dean Franco, I thought it said we probably wouldn't know about our status until April 15. Am I correct? Or is it possible to get off of the hold list before then?

Anyway, if you are accepted after April 15, tough luck, right? Being as the second look weekend is at the end of March and is only for those who have already been accepted?

Thanks... :)

I am on hold with CCLCM (I already sent a letter of update - I'd send a fruit basket but I think that might be a little much.. :D ) Anyway, so my question was... In the hold letter from Dean Franco, I thought it said we probably wouldn't know about our status until April 15. Am I correct? Or is it possible to get off of the hold list before then?

Anyway, if you are accepted after April 15, tough luck, right? Being as the second look weekend is at the end of March and is only for those who have already been accepted?

Thanks... :)
Well, I don't know about the admissions people, but I'd like to get that fruit basket. :D

In answer to your first question, most of the hold list movement will occur after April 15 since that's our decision date. But yes, it is possible you could hear before April 15 if you're at the top of the list and someone drops their spot early. I've seen at least one person post on SDN that they got accepted off the hold list already.

About second look, unfortunately, no, you can't come if you haven't been accepted by the end of March. :(

So hold letters from CCLCM come via snail mail (and also rejections I assume), acceptances come with a phone call.

What about at Case?

Status page update...

i think i interviewed around january 15th so i take it that means im on hold?

CCLCM sends hold letters by snail mail
Case just posts a link to your letter- like the interview invite...

Uggg- I am on hold at both places!

i think i interviewed around january 15th so i take it that means im on hold?
Are you asking about CCLCM or the UP? If it's CCLCM, no, if you're on hold, they'll tell you. Apparently the wait time is a lot longer now than it used to be, like four or five weeks. So you're still in that window of waiting, but you should hear something in another week or two. Good luck!

CCLCM sends hold letters by snail mail
Case just posts a link to your letter- like the interview invite...

Uggg- I am on hold at both places!
Hang in there, cbd, I am rooting for you. April isn't too far away now. :)

Are you asking about CCLCM or the UP? If it's CCLCM, no, if you're on hold, they'll tell you. Apparently the wait time is a lot longer now than it used to be, like four or five weeks. So you're still in that window of waiting, but you should hear something in another week or two. Good luck!

CCLCM, i really hope its good news, because the interview group i was with was UNBELIEVABLE, an engineer from MIT, a guy from HARVARD, a girl from yale, YOWZERS:eek: , they listed everyones research and experiences at the introduction and i was like wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoa :idea:

CCLCM, i really hope its good news, because the interview group i was with was UNBELIEVABLE, an engineer from MIT, a guy from HARVARD, a girl from yale, YOWZERS:eek: , they listed everyones research and experiences at the introduction and i was like wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoa :idea:
Ha ha, yeah, it can be pretty intimidating to go to interviews sometimes, and it feels like everyone except for you is from an Ivy school and has like twelve publications or something. But most of my classmates didn't go to Harvard or Yale. There are only three of them. A lot of us went to state schools or liberal arts colleges. We do have some pretty amazing people in our class, some with grad degrees and lots of people who did really awesome research and ECs. But there are also plenty of us who came straight out of college or maybe took like one year off. You definitely aren't out of the running just because you didn't go to Harvard or get a Ph.D. before med school.

All I can tell you is that if you were invited to interview, there must be something about you that the adcomm really likes. They're not inviting as many people this year as they did last year for my class. So the good news is that once you make it to the interview stage, you have a better chance of getting an acceptance than you would have had last year. :)

hey guys, has anyone received a decision lately?? i was a late feb interviewee and i'm not sure how long our wait will be. I think they said the adcom was meeting today (?).... but i don't know if that necessarily means we'd even hear right after the adcom met.

I interviewed on February 5th and got put on hold a few days ago. Who told you that the adcom met today? Do you know if they re-review people on the hold list?

I called the admissions office as was told that no one gets rejected post-interview. You either get accepted or get put on the hold list, which is not ranked. Then in april the committee will begin to accept people off of the hold list while some will be put on the waitlist.

Hey kbear. When did you interview? I was at CCLCM on February 19th and Case on the 20th. Both schools basically said that we'd hear back either what ended up being the third or fourth week of March. I think CCLCM may have said 4-5 weeks post-interview whereas Case said three to four weeks post-March 1st when their committee meets, but I could be mixing the two time windows up. Either way, I think there's still time to twiddle thumbs...

Stiffany - I'm surprised you didn't hear back from case the week after you interviewed since their adcom meeting was the monday after you interviewed. You must've gotten bumped to the next pile...the next meeting is this coming up monday, so you should hear something next week.

Stiffany - I'm surprised you didn't hear back from case the week after you interviewed since their adcom meeting was the monday after you interviewed. You must've gotten bumped to the next pile...the next meeting is this coming up monday, so you should hear something next week.

Ah, good to know. Thanks goongirl. I was actually surprised during the interview day to hear that we wouldn't know until late March said Case is supposed to have quick turn around time. I guess I'll be frequently checking my email/status page on Monday and Tuesday.

:luck: Luck to everyone still waiting...

Hey kbear. When did you interview? I was at CCLCM on February 19th and Case on the 20th. Both schools basically said that we'd hear back either what ended up being the third or fourth week of March. I think CCLCM may have said 4-5 weeks post-interview whereas Case said three to four weeks post-March 1st when their committee meets, but I could be mixing the two time windows up. Either way, I think there's still time to twiddle thumbs...

i interviewed at CCLCM a few days after you. i thought they said the committee met on the 1st (yesterday) and that we'd probably hear a few weeks after that. so it sounds like you might be mixing the time windows up cuz i know the CCLCM committee meets every other Thursday.

I know for certain that they met on Monday, 2/26 because Dr. Franco is my aunt. I gave her a buzz last night for ya'll...She said, "If we want you-- we want you"...word

I had an interview recently... and I know my file went through admission committee yesterday. My interview went ok (i don't think they asked much questions), but my interviewer liked me. I really want to get into this school cuz my other schools don't have any research background. So, CCLCM is everything for me. That being said, the wait is killing me. rrrr :confused: i think i am gonna go nuts... I am even tempted to e-mail my interviewers since they seem really nice. should i? should i not?

ejk4eva, i think you should probably wait it out. if the committee already met, i don't think there's much we can do now except wait.

I had an interview recently... and I know my file went through admission committee yesterday. My interview went ok (i don't think they asked much questions), but my interviewer liked me. I really want to get into this school cuz my other schools don't have any research background. So, CCLCM is everything for me. That being said, the wait is killing me. rrrr :confused: i think i am gonna go nuts... I am even tempted to e-mail my interviewers since they seem really nice. should i? should i not?

How do you know you definitely went to committee yesterday?

It certaintly doesn't hurt to email your interviewers a thank you note. They are, afterall going to be the main one's pulling for you during committee review.

good luck to all of you who are still waiting... I'm sure there is going to be some movement in march on the hold list! If you have interviewed with them... that is a great sign as they have significantly decreased the number of interviewies this year.... which means fewer applicants on hold.

Did you already send them a thank you? If you did, I think I would only email them again if you have an update for them. Good luck to you and everyone else who is waiting. :)

I did sent thank-you e-mails to both of my interviewers. if you like the school a lot, i thought the best way to say thank you letter was by e-mail (especially for my case cuz i had less than a week to send my thank-you letters before interviewers go to the comittee meeting).
My question to the previous post was should I both to e-mail my interviewers about the decision? (I know the committee met on Thursday because that's what they told me. Their last day of interview was 2/26 and they said they would make decisions on last days of interviee on that day). I guess I was being hasty about waiting. I will just wait :(

I did sent thank-you e-mails to both of my interviewers. if you like the school a lot, i thought the best way to say thank you letter was by e-mail (especially for my case cuz i had less than a week to send my thank-you letters before interviewers go to the comittee meeting).
My question to the previous post was should I both to e-mail my interviewers about the decision? (I know the committee met on Thursday because that's what they told me. Their last day of interview was 2/26 and they said they would make decisions on last days of interviee on that day). I guess I was being hasty about waiting. I will just wait :(
Oh, ok, I see what you mean. You want to email your interviewers to ask about the results of the committee meeting. No, I don't think that's a good idea. They probably won't know the results of the vote yet anyway, and as soon as all of the votes are tallied, the admissions people will contact you with the adcomm's decision. So I know it sucks, but right now I think the best thing to do is just sit tight until you hear from them. Well, unless you have something to update your file like I said. In that case, you should definitely send whatever you have to Michael Brown in the admissions office. Good luck. :)

There is actually going to be one more interview day (tomorrow, Monday 3/5). There was a snowstorm here a few weeks ago and several people had to postpone their interviews because they couldn't get to Cleveland. So there is also going to be at least one more adcomm meeting.

so if the committee DID meet last Thursday, does anyone know when we could start hearing back??

i heard back in 5 weeks when i was put on hold via snail mail and that was for a january interview

Thanks for the info, Ned. I just wasn't sure if they would try to let us know quickly since second look weekend is in late March. oh well, I guess I'll be waiting for a while!

just a hopeful bump :) i think interviews are officially over at CCLCM now so maybe they'll send the last decisions out soon!