CCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven't heard anything at all from CCOM (my application was complete Oct 12th). Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Complete Dec. 7th. No word.

Members don't see this ad.

i was in the same boat... i emailed them/called them every 2 weeks to check on my status. basically kept up to make sure my application wasnt lost in the shuffle since they get so many apps

For the people who recently got accepted ....CONGRATULATIONS!

Join the Facebook group CCOM Class of 2014!

Members don't see this ad :)
has a recent batch of acceptances gone out?

Was deciding between CCOM and NSU and just sent in my deposit to NSU. Good luck to everyone!

Finally pestered my doctor enough to send in my LOR and it arrived at CCOM via interfolio Thursday of last week. I had everything else in mid December, but my dr was busy.... oh well.

Stats - 29S, 3.85 GPA in Biomedical Engineering. Non-traditional, from IL. research, volunteering and work exp. Think I'll get an interview? I know its super late, I'm highly doubtful. :(

Finally pestered my doctor enough to send in my LOR and it arrived at CCOM via interfolio Thursday of last week. I had everything else in mid December, but my dr was busy.... oh well.

Stats - 29S, 3.85 GPA in Biomedical Engineering. Non-traditional, from IL. research, volunteering and work exp. Think I'll get an interview? I know its super late, I'm highly doubtful. :(

Don't give up! I sent in secondaries around this time and got 3 interviews... got waited for all 3 but WVSOM accepted me for 2014 class. CCOM gave my interview in April where the class was pretty much full... Got wait listed then accepted in May... But my credentials where lower than yours... mine was a 23O 3.9gpa research, Anatomy SI, volunteer, other junk... Thankfully once your in here an MCAT score means nothing! :D

I just got an interview at CCOM! For anyone who cares, my secondary info was "officially" completed January 19th. YEAH!

Can anyone tell me what they liked about Chicago and what they didn't like so I have an idea going in? Thanks.

Just withdrew after an acceptance. Hope my spot goes to one of you!

anyone here from CCOM this month or know when the adcom was meeting this month?

Completed mid/early January and haven't gotten an invite yet, AZCOM wants to interview me though so I was assuming they would have gotten back to me around the same time. If I haven't heard back does that probably mean a rejection or is there still hope? BSc Honours Geophysics, non trad, lots of volunteer, not too much hospital/medical experience but some, sGPA 3.7, GPA 3.4 ish MCAT 28p. Thanks :)

Completed mid/early January and haven't gotten an invite yet, AZCOM wants to interview me though so I was assuming they would have gotten back to me around the same time. If I haven't heard back does that probably mean a rejection or is there still hope? BSc Honours Geophysics, non trad, lots of volunteer, not too much hospital/medical experience but some, sGPA 3.7, GPA 3.4 ish MCAT 28p. Thanks :)

You might still. I was complete mid January and I got an interview invite for the end of March. There was one day still available for interviews when I signed up, and then they opened up another day at the beginning of April. So maybe.

Members don't see this ad :)

i'm in the same boat. complete jan. 22 and waiting for some news. :xf: Anyone know if they send out invitations on certain days during the month?

complete in early december, OOS, and haven't heard anything from CCOM. Ive gotten 4 interviews (touro, nycom, lecom, wvsom), waiting for decisions. I really like CCOM, kind of bummed out that they havent sent me anything. I like Chicago way more than lake erie or west virigina.

is it normal to have been complete in late october without hearing anything? That's interesting to me...:confused:

Hey everyone-

Just called admissions today and a batch of acceptances went out on Monday in the mail, said they should be there no later than Thursday. If you call they might tell you if you got accepted or not but the portal is still not updated to reflect the change.

Complete 11/17
Interview invite 12/17
Interviewed 2/1.
Accepted 3/2.

Good luck to everyone !:)

Same here. I was able to call the admissions office and find out my status even though the portal hasn't been updated.

Complete 12/09
Interview invite 2/08
Interviewed 2/16
Accepted 3/2

Are they still giving out interviews? I was "officially" complete 2/11. Yes SUPER late I know I know.

Seems some people got notified after a month? Does that seem like the average turn around time? 29S, 3.85 GPA in biomedical engineering. in state, lots of ECs.

i have a friend who applied late and got in, so you never know. i applied in october

rejected. interviewed Feb 1

28R 3.83 OOS

Question:

Does CCOM have a cutoff MCAT score e.g. they won't interview folks with an MCAT <24?

I know certain allopathic schools won't even interview folks if they don't have 8's across the board...just wondering if CCOM has any kind of cutoff. Thanks much appreciated.

(For the record...I know someone who got in w/ a 25. So I know the cuttoff is not 25.)

I've been reading more of this thread... and I have another random question:

what do you think the average MCAT of the incoming class will be??? 28?

Last edited:
I've been reading more of this thread... and I have another random question:

what do you think the average MCAT of the incoming class will be??? 28?

It would be somewhere around there. Ours was 27 and there's been an upward trend throughout the last couple of years.

CCOM just sent out a mass email to everyone who is not being asked for an interview. In the email they suggest transfering your application to another one of their programs....I'm assuming that means they won't be asking anyone else for interviews?
I completed really late so didn't expect much but I wasn't too impressed that the email they sent showed the email addresses of every single other student who was also being rejected. Isn't there a way to make your sender list private? Kinda rude imo.

I wonder what that means for those who haven't received this mass email and are yet to get an interview invite?

We this is the start of the email

"Thank you for applying to Midwestern University, Downers Grove campus during the 2009 – 2010 admissions cycle. We regret that we were unable to offer you a seat in your specific program of choice. However, if you are interested in learning more about other healthcare careers, we invite you to consider these additional programs offered within our College of Health Sciences. Seats are still available in the following programs:"

So maybe they're going to offer you an interview still and we are the for sure nos at this campus

We this is the start of the email

"Thank you for applying to Midwestern University, Downers Grove campus during the 2009 – 2010 admissions cycle. We regret that we were unable to offer you a seat in your specific program of choice. However, if you are interested in learning more about other healthcare careers, we invite you to consider these additional programs offered within our College of Health Sciences. Seats are still available in the following programs:"

So maybe they're going to offer you an interview still and we are the for sure nos at this campus
Probably not with my luck, I'll probably get the email tomorrow..lol

didn't get the email, but that doesn't mean it won't come today or tomorrow uughh; this is my top D.O. school; very good school

Anyone have any updates on the waitlist? I'd be curious if the class is full yet, or how many people are on the alternate list. Basically trying to gauge my chances.

do you all know if they increased their class size?!

didn't get the email, but that doesn't mean it won't come today or tomorrow uughh; this is my top D.O. school; very good school

I talked to CCOM today. They said that they are still in the process of reviewing applications for interview invites.

I talked to CCOM today. They said that they are still in the process of reviewing applications for interview invites.

So this means that those of us who didn't get the mass email are still under review?

God... I hope thats true!

I would ASSUME it's true--I mean, what else would it mean? Also, how do they let you know if you get an interview?!

To those that got the un-happy email.... do you mind posting when you were officially complete? I got an email from CCOM I was complete on Feb 12th. I guess I'm wondering if I didn't get the email because they didn't get to my app, or other reasons.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

ive been complete since october, yay

i wonder how many people they sent that email to

Received an interview invite today asking me to "choose" my interview date. The range of dates ran from April 5th...to April 5th. So I guess I'll be interviewing on April 5th. :) I was complete on February 25th for those of you who like to know those things.

To post some things,
We're still interviewing peeps; there is no real cut off for MCAT I was a freaking 23 O... The RUMOR is they're accepting one student from each interview group. According to our orientation the accepted to applicant ratio was 1 accepted for every 27 applicants I believe...

To post some things,
We're still interviewing peeps; there is no real cut off for MCAT I was a freaking 23 O... The RUMOR is they're accepting one student from each interview group. According to our orientation the accepted to applicant ratio was 1 accepted for every 27 applicants I believe...

Just got an interview invite. How many applicants do they usually interview per interview day? Does anyone know about how many seats are left or if at this point people are interviewing for waitlist spots?

Just got an interview invite. How many applicants do they usually interview per interview day? Does anyone know about how many seats are left or if at this point people are interviewing for waitlist spots?

I just interviewed on the 15th. There were eleven people being interviewed. The admissions counselor said they had 85% of their class filled at this point, which, when worked out, leaves around 40 spots left I believe. I don't know if those are spots just not accepted or not handed out. I don't think the rumor is true of one person per interview left, because it just doesn't match up.

So all the interview invites are sent by e-mail, right? I definitely shot myself in the foot with applying to CCOM because of my stupid junkmail filter... I didn't send in my secondary until wahayyyy too late. I just e-mailed the admissions office about an extra letter of recommendation I wanted to submit and they responded with "A letter regarding your admissions status has already been mailed by the office", which I take to mean "Sucks for you, fool" lol.

Ah well, looks like WVSOM appears to be in my near future :).

Also, I don't think I ever received the e-mail that people were talking about ^.

I just interviewed on the 15th. There were eleven people being interviewed. The admissions counselor said they had 85% of their class filled at this point, which, when worked out, leaves around 40 spots left I believe. I don't know if those are spots just not accepted or not handed out. I don't think the rumor is true of one person per interview left, because it just doesn't match up.

15%--> ~40 spots? I think it's closer to 30 if they're shooting for a class size of 200. Ours was slightly greater than that and it's already kind of a tight squeeze in the OM lab.

Does anyone know if it is common to get an interview if you are placed on the pre-interview waitlist?

15%--> ~40 spots? I think it's closer to 30 if they're shooting for a class size of 200. Ours was slightly greater than that and it's already kind of a tight squeeze in the OM lab.

I just interviewed yesterday and Mike said the class is "about 80% filled with a handful of acceptance offers pending." He also noted that this was an exceptionally competitive application season with ~5,500 applicants, ~600 interviewed, and 200 spots available. This means you have a 1/3 chance of receiving an acceptance post-interview, but much more with people matriculating elsewhere.

With regards to the alternate list after interviewing, we were told that they pull from it almost every year (except 1 year) and that anywhere from 10-40 people will be accepted from it. Mike said that they continue to pull people off of this list into the orientation week (I believe the last week of July).

received a letter from CCOM today telling me that they were sorry they could not extend an interview invite to me... atleast they sent a letter lol