CCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email saying that I got invited for the interview and it also asked me to go to the portal website and schedule the date and time

Members don't see this ad.

Yessssss I have an interview on Oct 1!!!!! I'm so thrilled!!!!! I wonder how many people will be interviewing per day?

I hope traitorman. I was complete 7/19. I'm crushed I didn't hear from them today :( Was my total 100% number 1 school out of the MD and DO schools I applied to. Would give anything to go there.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to all the interview invites! and to all of us waiting, I'm sure it'll be soon

I've been complete since 7/20 and got my interview invite today! I'm going on 9/20. If anyone is going then and wants to share a cab, let me know! So exciting, its my first one. :D:D

Just out of curiosity, what were all your MCAT scores? The lowest one I saw on mdapps with an interview to CCOM today was 29.

Just out of curiosity, what were all your MCAT scores? The lowest one I saw on mdapps with an interview to CCOM today was 29.

mine is 29M. i took twice though, first time was 26M

SO PUMPED! one of my top choices. anyone going to be interviewing Sept 17th?

MCAT - 29 GPA- 3.6

SO PUMPED! one of my top choices. anyone going to be interviewing Sept 17th?

MCAT - 29 GPA- 3.6

I'll be there, I'm psyched also. Visited the school twice in undergrad. Its a great place in a good area next to home.
I used to work w a girl who is now in pharmacy school there so I'm expecting an extra tour and the down low.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

I hope traitorman. I was complete 7/19. I'm crushed I didn't hear from them today :( Was my total 100% number 1 school out of the MD and DO schools I applied to. Would give anything to go there.

tryna stay positive but i know how u feel. it sucks to not be part of that first batch of interview invites. u have solid stats so im sure you'll hear from them :)

and wow at the stats - those are some pretty high mcats and gpas.

WOO interview invite!!! Anyone else scheduled for Sept. 21st?? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
No love from CCOM for Dan =(

i didnt get an interview today either. but i'm not very surprised, my stats are definately not as great as everyone elses. i'm not gonna lie, i'm REALLY sad i didnt get an interview today as ccom is probably my #1 school, but i consider myself fortunate to have gotten some interviews already (some people dont get any) and i'm gonna stay positive.

I'm so sad about CCOM I broke my pre-interview diet to mourn over a $70 steak that was seasoned like a dusty fart :(

It didn't help anything.

Not a good day for BigBoosting.

no love over here from ccom :(

i hope they work fridays.....

I keep checking my online account hoping something will pop up when I click schedule interview lol
Maybe the rest of us will wake up tomorrow with an interview waiting in our email!:)

I keep checking my online account hoping something will pop up when I click schedule interview lol
Maybe the rest of us will wake up tomorrow with an interview waiting in our email!:)

Same. My sGPA is easily a .1 - .2 below everyone elses though. We're definitely not out of the loop, so no reason to lose hope. Probably just getting the best candidates out of the way first.

I'm so sad about CCOM I broke my pre-interview diet to mourn over a $70 steak that was seasoned like a dusty fart :(

It didn't help anything.

LMAO! I thought I was the only weirdo on a pre-interview diet. Not to lose weight but just to eat healthier and get rid of the flabbiness. CCOM better give you an interview and acceptance. I'd want you as a classmate.

My stats are below all of those which have been posted, and I'm a traditional applicant. I don't plan on sharing my numbers on studentdoc unless I get accepted somewhere. Something must have stood out about my application besides the numbers... I'm not going to speculate about what that may be. I'm so very blessed to get an interview here and if accepted I will most likely matriculate.

Again, good luck to everyone! All I can do now is prepare for my interview, do my best, and then it's out of my hands. But until then I will be a worried mess =)

I was complete 7/2 and i didn't get an invite today :( Hopefully, i get one tomorrow. I can't be a complete slouch i have 2 interviews already. As someone else recently said in this thread. Be thankful to at least have an interview somewhere and i am. However, i really wouldn't mind another. lol

good luck to everyone coming in!!! hopefully we will see you here!!!

and from what i remember i think there are around 12-13 per interview group but the actual interviews are you plus 2-3, 1 faculty, 1 do and 1 student although that may change depending on who they hav there that day.

best wishes to you all!!!

LMAO! I thought I was the only weirdo on a pre-interview diet. Not to lose weight but just to eat healthier and get rid of the flabbiness. CCOM better give you an interview and acceptance. I'd want you as a classmate.

ha thanks, I really hope they do :)

Yeah I figure the pre-interview diet could only help things, back on it today...regretting that crappy steak.

I'm hoping today is a better day all around. :banana:

Just submitted my supp today - any idea what the response time is? I had a quick skim through people's posts and it seems to be about a month

ha thanks, I really hope they do :)

Yeah I figure the pre-interview diet could only help things, back on it today...regretting that crappy steak.

I'm hoping today is a better day all around. :banana:

1) Yes you will get an interview, it's EARLY!

2) How is steak crappy, I don't understand! It's delicious :D

ha I knooooooow, I love me some steak. This one was a nice thick filet cooked perfectly medium rare just how I like it....but they seasoned it with some kind of nasty spice..I have no idea what it was. I was dumbfounded that something that looked that good could taste so bad. They probably dropped it on the floor or something. GAH!

no love from CCOM still? =(
28S, 3.86sGPA OOS
i would love to visit Chicago!!

no love from CCOM still? =(
28S, 3.86sGPA OOS
i would love to visit Chicago!!

wow i def dont like my chances if u didnt get an invite wit those stats. maybe they're going alphabetical order or something?

wow i def dont like my chances if u didnt get an invite wit those stats. maybe they're going alphabetical order or something?

Dont worry I just spoke to a friend who got an invite with much lower stats, 26M 3.48sci... or something close to it. Its just a matter of time for the rest of us.

I'm pretty close to the start in the alphabet, so IDK if that's it.

Based on how many high MCAT scores there were, I'm wondering if they're doing all the better applicants first, letting them have top pick at interview dates. And us runts may get an interview next week and can fill in the gaps....that's my hope anyway.

Edit: Or maybe not :sadbanana:

It didn't help anything.

:laugh:

I'm sorry to hear they passed you over... They skimmed right over me as well... :(

Just think though, they are going to continually hand out interviews/acceptances through March or April, so the season is still very young. I agree though, not being in the first bunch, when you know your application was in stings a bit.

I'm pretty close to the start in the alphabet, so IDK if that's it.

Based on how many high MCAT scores there were, I'm wondering if they're doing all the better applicants first, letting them have top pick at interview dates. And us runts may get an interview next week and can fill in the gaps....that's my hope anyway.

Edit: Or maybe not :sadbanana:

It's a sound decision to start with the best applicants, because there is always a chance they might attend and if they don't, I'm sure they can squeeze a few deposits out of them before they move on to other things.

:laugh:

I'm sorry to hear they passed you over... They skimmed right over me as well... :(

Just think though, they are going to continually hand out interviews/acceptances through March or April, so the season is still very young. I agree though, not being in the first bunch, when you know your application was in stings a bit.

When I sent them an update letter they told me they don't hold applications, so I think once you're reviewed then they don't re-review you to offer interviews later. IDK though, I'm too scared to call and ask if I've been reviewed.

I wonder at what point it's ok to call and beg? :laugh:

I think I've gone crazy with denial. +pissed+

When I sent them an update letter they told me they don't hold applications, so I think once you're reviewed then they don't re-review you to offer interviews later. IDK though, I'm too scared to call and ask if I've been reviewed.

I wonder at what point it's ok to call and beg? :laugh:

I think I've gone crazy with denial. +pissed+

Haha. Damn, you are on it! Update letters already!? I'm going to start my begging season in January.

Yeah CCOM's my absolute number 1. I'd go in a heartbeat. I've done all I can for them... non-generic Update letter tailored to just them, shadowed and doing research with an alumni with upcoming publication. He told me he'd call them for me, I'm hoping I don't have to ask. I feel like a jealous girlfriend..."those other applicants won't love you like I do!!"

Yeah CCOM's my absolute number 1. I'd go in a heartbeat. I've done all I can for them... non-generic Update letter tailored to just them, shadowed and doing research with an alumni with upcoming publication. He told me he'd call them for me, I'm hoping I don't have to ask. I feel like a jealous girlfriend..."those other applicants won't love you like I do!!"

:laugh: Well, good luck! CCOM is one of my top three schools, but it's hard to say where they are all going to fit until you visit them. With your experience/connections/gpa/mcat I'm sure you will get an interview.

Hope so, thanks. Or I'll binge myself into a red meat coma.

Dont worry big boosting!

I was complete on 7/27 and nothing yet. BUT I did get an interview invite from DMU and RVSU....so, I don't think they are skimming the apps.

I bet we will both get one on Monday. Enjoy the weekend!

Was everyone who got interview in-state?

Don't think it was the high stats that got first interviews. 3.9sGPA and 32O MCAT here with no interview.

What's the interview format? Open or closed file? How long till decisions are made post-interview?

closed file, they will only have your cv/resume in front of them

as far as decisions it depends on when in the month you interview. the adcom meets towards the end of the month so if you interview at the start it could be closer to a month before you hear whereas if you interview at the end of the month you will not have as long of a wait. but if you interview after they meet at the end of the month then you have around a 5-6 week wait :eek: