Certified ROL 2010!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Regional Match Statistics from NRMP is out...looks like only 19 of the 503 spots available for Pathology match this year went unfilled...I wonder how it was like compared to prior years...I kept hearing on my interview trail that more and more well-qualified people apply to Pathology...meaning we should expect less spots go unfilled compared to before.

I saw that as well and wondered the same. From the NRMP data report, since 2005 there have been ~45 positions unfilled out of 500-525 spots. Last year, 30 spots were unfilled from 525 positions. This year we have only 503 -- perhaps a slight decrease in unfilled spots from previous years.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that as well and wondered the same. From the NRMP data report, since 2005 there have been ~45 positions unfilled out of 500-525 spots. Last year, 30 spots were unfilled from 525 positions. This year we have only 503 -- perhaps a slight decrease in unfilled spots from previous years.

But another consideration is that these are number of spots available for match. (That is, spots that were filled by pre-match offers are not included) Out of curiosity, I was looking up the number of spots offered by Boston University this year and it didn't even show up in the directory...I assume that they filled all their spots through pre-match offers this year.

That is a kick ass match list Tiny fish. You are destined for a great career whatever you decide to do. Good luck.
Seriously your match list is ...
kickass_hit-girl_poster8.jpg

:rolleyes: Apparently no one "knows or cares" about anything on these boards, yet people seem to spend an inordinate amount of time posting absolute nonsense on here. Mmmkay, I'm going to go ahead and post whatever I want, especially if it's wishing other people luck.

so as not to offend any more delicate souls:

UCSF
BWH
JHU
Michigan
Penn
Stanford
MGH
Yale
Pittsburgh

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread's been quiet. Are folks happy??

My class had some major surprises for path...I realized that the ones who got their first choice did externships there.

My class had some major surprises for path...I realized that the ones who got their first choice did externships there.

If you are looking for discussions of other member's match results, many of us have posted in some of the other threads (Match 2010, Pathology Applicants 2009-2010).

It seems that most people who have posted were very pleased with their match results, either getting their number one or a program near the top of their ROLs.

Out of the 3 students going into path from my medical school, two of us did audition rotations at our respective #1 ranked programs and successfully matched there. The third student got her first choice without doing a rotation/externship.

If you are looking for discussions of other member's match results, many of us have posted in some of the other threads (Match 2010, Pathology Applicants 2009-2010).

It seems that most people who have posted were very pleased with their match results, either getting their number one or a program near the top of their ROLs.

Out of the 3 students going into path from my medical school, two of us did audition rotations at our respective #1 ranked programs and successfully matched there. The third student got her first choice without doing a rotation/externship.

I was the only one from my school going into path. Matched into my #1 without an externship at that program.

Also matched into one of my top choices as well, at a place that I didn't do an externship. I do think the externships can go either way: Help if you shine, screw you if you mess up.

Also happy with match here. :thumbup:
It's kind of a relief to have concrete plans for next year.