Certified ROL Means Done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vengaaqui

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've officially developed severe matchitis. If I have the green "Certified ROL" at the top of my rank list and all of the programs I interviewed at are listed in rank order under the "primary rank order list" from 1-x, am I done (for a specialty that doesn't require a prelim/translational year)? Just getting antsy and wanting to double check! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! If it says Certified ROL in green you are done! Though you can still change it if you want, as long as you recertify it.

If you are like me, you will still keep checking up until 2/22 to make sure the evil NRMP gremlins didn't go in and un-certify your list. (I am also developing matchitis....)

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! If it says Certified ROL in green you are done! Though you can still change it if you want, as long as you recertify it.

If you are like me, you will still keep checking up until 2/22 to make sure the evil NRMP gremlins didn't go in and un-certify your list. (I am also developing matchitis....)

Glad I'm not the only one...

Is it time for the countdown thread yet?

anyone else really wish there was some green light next to programs on our ROL so we know that they remember who we are?

It feels sketchy just writing all your program codes down on your ROL and assuming that the programs are gonna find *you*. I know it works out in the end i just wish I could confirm that I'm doing all this right and that programs can see me on NRMP. lol

Yeah, I wish we could import our list of programs from ERAS to make sure you have the right program and categorical or prelim or whatever. Or that NRMP and ERAS were one entity, but that's a different issue

Always remember to double check for the green "CERTIFIED" indicator anytime that you make a change to the list (really, check for it any time you log into ERAS :) ) and you should be fine.
I think it's awful that they let it be so easy to accidentally forget to certify your changes. It would be really easy for someone to overlook it. But green means you're safe. :) Good luck guys!

anyone else really wish there was some green light next to programs on our ROL so we know that they remember who we are?

It feels sketchy just writing all your program codes down on your ROL and assuming that the programs are gonna find *you*. I know it works out in the end i just wish I could confirm that I'm doing all this right and that programs can see me on NRMP. lol

I just finished inputting my program's ROL and think I can relieve your concerns. We can add you to our lists by a) using the AAMC ID from your ERAS application, b) using your social security number, or c) searching by name coupled with medical school code (there is a pop-up menu that lists school codes by states). There are a lot of safeguards in the system to make sure that the Jane Smith on the ROL is the same Jane Smith that was interviewed.

I'm in the process of building my rank list. I export all the AAMC ID's to Excel, reorder the list there, and then can dump the whole thing into NRMP in one step. So, there's no chance of you getting "lost".

Yea, I know what my fellow applicants mean though. It's weird to go through ERAS this whole time and then turn around and search for programs using a different system with its own code to rank them - especially now that so many of us are tired, nervous/scared, superstitious, and antsy. I've got it easy since I'm applying for EM and we don't have prelims or different options under each program, but I've still checked a few times to be like yes, really "x university" is listed under the right specialty. Having a program with a drop down list of the places you actually interviewed at would be helpful!

Last edited: