Certiphi Background Check - Misdemeanor Marijuana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhDTX95

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this on Pre-Pharm forum also but thought maybe some readers on this forum might have more insight...I have been conditionally accepted to 2 Texas Pharmacy schools to date. I have a misdemeanor possession of marijuana < 2 oz charge from 2015 for which I served 6 months probation and received deferred adjudication.
On my Certiphi criminal background check, the County Criminal, Federal Criminal and State Criminal database sections are all "Clear." The misdemeanor charge above shows as a "Record Found" in the National Criminal database. The sentence shows probation - discharged and the disposition type is listed as deferred adjudication.
Is anyone familiar with someone that had a similar situation and know if their acceptance to pharmacy school was revoked or impacted in any way due to a charge/disposition of this nature?
 
Getting into pharmacy school is not the question. The real issue is whether or not you'll have any difficulty getting a license from your state board of pharmacy. I'd be more inclined to call the BOP rather than the schools of pharmacy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Getting into pharmacy school is not the question. The real issue is whether or not you'll have any difficulty getting a license from your state board of pharmacy. I'd be more inclined to call the BOP rather than the schools of pharmacy.

This. I doubt the college of pharmacy is as thorough as the board.
 
Thank you all for your replies and information. I have found precedent with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy where an intern license will be granted with "probation." I still do not know however if most schools will try to avoid such a situation by simply denying admission.