cGPA 3.35 / sGPA 3.83

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Water bottle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduated with an econ degree and a cGPA of 3.1 in 2004. Past couple of years went back to school to take prereqs for PA school. Got A's in all classes (Bio I and II, Chem I and II, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbio, Physics I and II, and Ogro I). Took a couple of lower level science classes as well. Basically last 56 credits 4.0.

Now my cGPA is a 3.35 and my sGPA is around 3.83. Still have to take Orgo II and the MCAT. Recently became a certified EMT-I and currently looking for work.

I have zero research experience, some volunteer, and will hopefully start racking of HCE as an emt-I asap. Currently reside in Nevada, and considering moving back to New York so I have a shot at some state schools.

Recently took the GRE and got a 1330. Not comparing the two, but say I crack 30 on the MCAT. What are my chances if I apply next year? Going to take a practice test in the next few days to get a better idea on a realistic MCAT score. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Graduated with an econ degree and a cGPA of 3.1 in 2004. Past couple of years went back to school to take prereqs for PA school. Got A's in all classes (Bio I and II, Chem I and II, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbio, Physics I and II, and Ogro I). Took a couple of lower level science classes as well. Basically last 56 credits 4.0.

Now my cGPA is a 3.35 and my sGPA is around 3.83. Still have to take Orgo II and the MCAT. Recently became a certified EMT-I and currently looking for work.

I have zero research experience, some volunteer, and will hopefully start racking of HCE as an emt-I asap. Currently reside in Nevada, and considering moving back to New York so I have a shot at some state schools.

Recently took the GRE and got a 1330. Not comparing the two, but say I crack 30 on the MCAT. What are my chances if I apply next year? Going to take a practice test in the next few days to get a better idea on a realistic MCAT score. Thanks

I say you have a good chance if you include D.O schools as well as a safety. Apply smart to M.D schools.

start jumping on clinical experience, community service, and killing the MCAT. move back to new york if want to go to new york schools.

ask your chances after the mcat.