cGPA 3.4 MCAT 508

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ceej1104

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
nontrad - 2 years out. Horrendous MCAT 23 (9,5,9). Recently got my scores of 508 (129,124,128,127) Obviously CARs just isn't my thing, studied really hard and focused on that section, thought I did much better and still ended up with a 124.

sGPA: 3.4. I have a strong upward trend - finished last year especially strong

sGPA: 3.4

MCAT: 508, 129 124 128 127

State: NY

Major/Minor: Human Health and Biology

Undergrad. School: Brown University - (does this hold any weight?)

Clinical Experience: I have worked for 2600hours the past year and a half as a float clin tech. Have worked in over 10 specialty departments.

Non-clinical volunteer: 60 hours teaching inner city schools business and economics. 100 hrs organizing events for elder members at local gym (blood pressure and vital screenings, Red cross events) 100hrs Volunteer high school wrestling coach.

Shadowing Experience: 60 hours shadowing PCP and vascular surgeon.

Research: Spent my senior year committing roughly 20 hrs/week in the orthopaedic department.

Athletics: Wrestled all 4 years on the varsity team.

Extra: started my own company and created a lotion product and beard oil. Head coach of the youth wrestling program this past year.

My list of schools

Albany
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Drexel
EVM
Netter
GWU
Temple
Loyola
Marshall
Medical college of Wisconsin
NYMC
Oakland-B
Rush
Jefferson
The commonwealth medical college
Tulane
University of Rochester (only because I am currently working here and have LORs)
Vermont
VCU
Wake forest
West Virginia
Western Michigan
Brown? (because of undergrad)
ALL NY state schools

This is an extensive list, made primarily from other recommendations I have seen on this forum. Are the any you would recommend that I remove or add? Recommended DO schools?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It looks like you have included all the schools where you have a potential chance for an interview. There is no guarantee for a MD acceptance with your stats so apply to at least 8 DO schools. You could try:
LECOM
PCOM
NYIT
TOURO
Add a few more in areas of the country that appeal to you. You may need a DO LOR for some schools.