Jun 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Am I suppose to solve all the general chemistry quizzes on chad's quizzes on course saver w/out a calculator? I'm getting the correct setup essentially every time but the math throws me off. It seems at some points the quizzes are tailored for the DAT w/out a calculator and then at particular sections it just gets out of hand with the answer choices if we were solely to calculate by hand. On a side note, will the answer choices on the DAT be distinct? As in if I calculate an answer, will it generally be the only answer choice in that range?

Prima Donna

2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
As for the questions, just get used to solving some complicated calculations without the calculator because you might face one or two on the real exam. Yes, there are some difficult ones on chad's quizzes but that will over prepare you for the test. If you are having trouble, try rounding numbers because most of the answers will be different enough that you can chose the correct answer.

For example the answers will NOT be: a) 24.5 b) 24.9 c) 25.3 d) 26.1 etc.

it would be more like: a) 24.5 b) 36.6 c) 44.9 d) 72.8 etc.

OP
D
Jun 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Should i expect to see answer choices like: a) 1.2*10^-9 b) 1.2*10^-10 c) 1.2*10^-11 etc. where the number is right but exponent is wrong OR a) 1.2*10^-10 b)1.8*10^-10 etc where the division is wrong but exponent correct. In general chemistry particularly, I wouldn't mind seeing it in QR.

Prima Donna

2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I would say you could see both of those types of choices in chem. It really just depends on the exam you get, but I would say probably more like the second example you gave.

About the Ads