Chad's Video (coursesaver) website down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjsoul

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just bought it a few days ago to study, but the website won't load. Anyone else having this problem?

I tried it on chrome and firefox.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes sorry, I have been working on it for the past couple hours but the data center had another power outage (http://blog.iweb.com/en/2015/03/incident-power-distribution-iweb-ne-data-center-2/14540.html) We will be moving to a new datacenter ASAP to ensure this doesn't happen again. If you would like to use our new site, it is in beta and ready for limited usage at http://optimus.coursesaver.com. You will have to reset your password using the "Forgot Password" system since the old password encryption doesn't transfer.

Otherwise, the site should be back up very soon, I am sitting here waiting to make sure when the power is restored that everything comes back up smoothly.

I tried your new server but when I put in my email address after i pressed the forget password button, it gives me an error screen...

Members don't see this ad :)
Crossbonnez, sorry to hear that. Contact us through the site to help us know what needs to be improved. We don't typically troll these forums to get the feedback for stuff like that. I just know with our site down, this is the next place anyone would go to find out what is going on.

Crossbonnez, sorry to hear that. Contact us through the site to help us know what needs to be improved. We don't typically troll these forums to get the feedback for stuff like that. I just know with our site down, this is the next place anyone would go to find out what is going on.

It's asking us to sign in for us to contact you, but the problem is signing in or requesting a password change isn't working either....

I have communicated that to my programmer, hopefully we get that resolved as well soon.

I did what you said by- clicking forgot password to login. but its says that "We can't find a user with that e-mail address". What is going on?
I tried contacting you through the site but then it requires me to log in which I cannot.

When will this be fixed- Its messing up our planned schedule.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got word that the Beta site's password reset feature is back online. Anyone with a valid license should be able to use http://optimus.coursesaver.com. You can't make purchases there to prevent there being problems merging databases later when we transition everyone over but anyone who already has a license should be good till the main server gets power again.

Why the massive number of complaints? I am using these videos for pre-health preparation and understand that everything is not perfect. Cut the administrators some slack.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got word that the Beta site's password reset feature is back online. Anyone with a valid license should be able to use http://optimus.coursesaver.com. You can't make purchases there to prevent there being problems merging databases later when we transition everyone over but anyone who already has a license should be good till the main server gets power again.
Hello,

I cannot sign in. the reset password still cannot regconize my email! Please tell me the site is up soon! PLease

I finally got to sign in but my subscription is gone and it asks me to pay again?

Just a quick update, it is just after 4AM and still waiting for them to get things fixed. I am trying to be patient with them as I realize that no matter how difficult this is for me, they are also extremely stressed out with thousands of servers down, each of which are just as important to their owners as mine is.

I just got off the phone with them and they explained that there is a central server that is responsible for the configuration of all the servers in the datacenter which is loading the configurations on the servers one by one, but is running slower than expected and there is no way of prioritizing our server over the rest.

I can assure you this was completely unforeseen how long it would take - if I had known I would have restored the site from backup to a different server, but when doing that it can take nearly 24 hours for the DNS servers around the country to "find" the new server and so waiting seemed like the fastest solution, even though it was hard.

As mentioned before, the beta site is up, the catch is anyone that ordered yesterday after we migrated licenses over won't have a license. Since the site is new, we haven't finished all the administrative tools that will let me manually add licenses yet, and hopefully, that is a non-issue as the server could be back up any moment.

We will be moving to a datacenter in Salt Lake City near me, which we have used for years and never had a situation like this with, but if we did, at least I can drive over and physically pick up my server and put it somewhere else.

Sorry again,
Alan

Thank you for the update.

FYI for those using Gen Chem/O Chem for DAT/OAT/PCAT, some of the images shown in the quiz questions are broken links that can't be seen. This problem is seen a little more often in organic as this section relies more on reaction images. My advice would be to work with General Chemistry quizzes as they are more functional at the moment.