Chad's Videos Free Now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acemason

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just went to Chad's official website (chadsvideos.com) and it seems that he recently updated and uploaded DAT/OAT videos and a subscription is no longer needed through coursesaver. I haven't had a chance to go through them yet, but are these the same videos that you pay a $50 subscription for on coursesaver?

http://chadsvideos.com/?course=general-chemistry-for-the-datoat

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
yes, they are free now. Chad is no longer associated with coursesaver. He had another site before, but that shut down. His orgo stuff should be coming soon too.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Saw this...this looks legit - i'm not sure to throw out the old and go with the new or what...he doesn't seem to have all the videos there - outlines are also different

I have been using the videos from the new website and they are fantastic. He goes over everything you need to know for the DAT. He added some QR practice exams too.

I already bought the videos from the old site a few weeks ago lol. and watched all the gchem there so not sure if it's worth the time to see everything on his new site. i will use the qr practice tests to speed myself up though. that's pretty cool. i checked out his lab concepts vid and jotted a bit down. you never know what they'll ask on the DAT.

Huh, actually now that I'm looking at his website again, I realize he now does have the GC stuff specifically for DAT. That wasn't there a month ago. I'm sure he'll add more of his old videos on there including OC and QR soon. I hope ...

Huh, actually now that I'm looking at his website again, I realize he now does have the GC stuff specifically for DAT. That wasn't there a month ago. I'm sure he'll add more of his old videos on there including OC and QR soon. I hope ...

Yup, it looks like it was added 12/15.

Hey guys, just wondering, but aren't his QR tests like too easy compared to the real thing? I'm just wondering because bootcamp was like really hard and chad's tests are really simple and straight forward. Let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't done chad's math tests yet. i really don't think bootcamp's is that hard haha. it's just that my speed is too slow or ik i could get a 28-30 on BC math. I get 21-25 because i can't go fast enough. if you want any help with math just pm me. could always reinforce stuff. i'll try doing chad's soon and let you know. I did one practice exam on topscore and thought that the math was a bit easier than bootcamp's also.

Where did you get this info? lool
Emailed him. I am also subscribed to chad's new website and have access to the videos/quizzes for free.

EDIT: I just remembered, his other site was called mindsmoothie. The videos on the new site aren't exactly the same as coursesaver (I had a coursesaver subscription last year), but they are pretty good.

I emailed him and he said that they'll be adding OC "pretty soon".

Hi guys,

I just went to Chad's official website (chadsvideos.com) and it seems that he recently updated and uploaded DAT/OAT videos and a subscription is no longer needed through coursesaver. I haven't had a chance to go through them yet, but are these the same videos that you pay a $50 subscription for on coursesaver?

http://chadsvideos.com/?course=general-chemistry-for-the-datoat
I just went to the chadvideos website and he has the DAT General Chemistry uploaded for DAT for free. Are these videos the newest version and are they the same for his new website < mind smoothie> ?
I also checked his new website but It is giving me an error message?

Hope you guys let me know

Any idea on which ones are better/worse for the DAT? His old vids on coursesaver (which are all still there), or his new ones?

Well his new ones are free and they don't seem to differ that much in content. The new ones might actually be slightly better for lab techniques because his old ones don't really have them I think.

I printed out the outlines from the free site and have been using them with the coursesaver videos for gen chem and so far the material is identical expect that the free videos cover more. Like for example, the coursesaver gen chem video does not talk about empirical formula which is something very important to know for the DAT. When the new videos(that are free!) do cover this. From my experience so far with the gen chem videos, I defiantly believe that the free videos are better. He explains topics a little more clear as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I printed out the outlines from the free site and have been using them with the coursesaver videos for gen chem and so far the material is identical expect that the free videos cover more. Like for example, the coursesaver gen chem video does not talk about empirical formula which is something very important to know for the DAT. When the new videos(that are free!) do cover this. From my experience so far with the gen chem videos, I defiantly believe that the free videos are better. He explains topics a little more clear as well.
Do you happen to know if there will be a new videos for the DAT Orgo section?

I'm not sure when, but I heard that those will be released eventually

I forgot to post this, but Chad e-mailed me back on January 13th. I asked him if he was planning on posting the DAT-geared OC and QR series and this is what he said:

"I will eventually get around to revamping and posting the QR section, but it's not on my immediate to do list. But I'm just finishing up the ochem series and should have it posted some time next week."

It's been two weeks since, but hopefully he'll have them available soon.

I forgot to post this, but Chad e-mailed me back on January 13th. I asked him if he was planning on posting the DAT-geared OC and QR series and this is what he said:

"I will eventually get around to revamping and posting the QR section, but it's not on my immediate to do list. But I'm just finishing up the ochem series and should have it posted some time next week."

It's been two weeks since, but hopefully he'll have them available soon.

Yeah I spoke to him on the 19th regarding the same thing so I'm keeping my fingers crossed right now. It's going to help me out tremendously

If anything, I think the new videos would likely be better and more current to what the DAT is today, rather than the original series he filmed

This is awesome news, I've been waiting for him to post the OC videos. Now I'm also wondering how long they'll be free for lol,

Chads videos are FREE now BUT, they are not specific to DAT like coursesaver videos are and that's why i went back to coursesaver. I tried the free videos on chad's site and they are good and even has his own outlines but they are too general. If you really want to do it, go ahead, but I suggest just sticking with coursesaver chads video, even though you have to sacrifice $50. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad just took down DAT Orgo due to issues w coursesaver. Who knows when they will be back up again

What does that mean?

What, the ACS exam? Apparently, the ACS exam is the American Chemical Society exam which is the first I've heard of it :shrug:
Such a bummer because I was hoping for the DAT OC series, which it used to be. Maybe it can apply for both exams? Not sure. Ugh, I really don't like uncertainty lol.

What, the ACS exam? Apparently, the ACS exam is the American Chemical Society exam which is the first I've heard of it :shrug:
Such a bummer because I was hoping for the DAT OC series, which it used to be. Maybe it can apply for both exams? Not sure. Ugh, I really don't like uncertainty lol.

I see.

so.. i see GC and QR, wtf is this ACS OC?
anyone utilize chads videos from his site? or is course saver still the way to go?

So I just went on his website and it looks like the organic chemistry videos work fine?