chance for get into omfs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fgh72

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi dear dentists!
I'm studying dentistry in Hungary and planning to pursue my education in USA
I'm crazy about OMFS, but i heard that is impossible for foreigners to admit in this field!
is there any chance for a foreigner to get into? After doing standing program, Without having green card...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your chance is zero to none to get into OMFS residency, 90% of programs preferred US graduate, this speciality is super competitive, even if you complete 2 yrs advance standing here your chance is low, unless you offer something extraordinary to the program, ex. Be in top 5% of your class, having some researches, the best bet for you finish the OMFS in Hungary come here attend 2 yrs international DDS program then apply for OMFS Residency, good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Your chance is zero to none to get into OMFS residency, 90% of programs preferred US graduate, this speciality is super competitive, even if you complete 2 yrs advance standing here your chance is low, unless you offer something extraordinary to the program, ex. Be in top 5% of your class, having some researches, the best bet for you finish the OMFS in Hungary come here attend 2 yrs international DDS program then apply for OMFS Residency, good luck
Not exactly true. First, foreign nationals with US or Canadian dental degrees are routinely admitted into OMFS, it is not the lack of citizenship that is the stumbling block. Foreign dental degrees must be evaluated for comparability to accredited US and Canadian schools, and this is generally where the shortfall occurs. Getting an advanced standing degree from a US school would make a foreign national more competitive, and a lot would also rest on test scores. Is it impossible....no. Just a long road and a lot of dedication.

Reactions: 1 user