Quantcast

Chance Me. Late Applicant 24AA/25TS M.S. Nontrad.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabe_dds

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Date of submission: 9/15
uGPA: 3.0
uScience GPA: 2.9
Graduate GPA: 4.0
DAT score (8/302018): 24AA/ 25TS / 21PAT / 21QR / 20RC / 30 GChem / 28 OChm/ 23 Bio
State of Residence:
CA

Undergrad Attended:
UCLA
Major: Economics
M.S: Biomedical Science

Minority? No
Reapplicant? Yes
Nontrad? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 300 Assorted
Volunteering Experience: Pediatric Dental Clinic Chairside Volunteer (150 hrs)
Employment: Financial Analyst 2 years at top tier Bank
Research: 500 Research Hours as MS Candidate. Thesis on Pediatric Periodontal Disease
Other Extracurriculars: Division I Athlete. Captain of Team. Full Scholarship

Kind of screwed up undergrad. Was difficult to keep my grades up as a student-athlete (6x practice per week/over 50 hrs per week). Went into banking after getting denied from Dental School straight out of undergrad. Completed a M.S. in Biomedical Science last yeae. Took the DAT at the end of August and just finished up applications.

I WANT TO KNOW MY CHANCES AT THE TOP SCHOOLS: UCLA/UCSF/COLUMBIA/UOP/MICHIGAN

Grbled

Reaction score
I’ll break it down like this: if you don’t get in this year because of timing, you’ll receive an interview from nearly every school you want to apply to and you’ll get into dental school next cycle. Having applied now, you may receive some of the reserve interviews that they hand out to those that will fill the seats of those that decline offers. You may get a pre-Dec interview, but I think you’ll be receiving them really late, or after December.

AppalachianDentalBoy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applying now is ver late in the game. It takes several weeks to get everything verified too. I’d be surprised if you got interviews from “top schools” because they already have hordes of similar applicants who applied in june/July.