Chance me/Where to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMH500

Reaction score
Hello,
I am getting ready to apply this upcoming cycle. I will have a 3.72 cGPA and a 3.65 sGPA. On the DAT I scored 22AA (21TS, 22PAT, 20Bio, 21GC, 22OC, 22QR, 27RC). I have 135+ hours of shadowing (mostly general, some ortho, pedo, and endo). I have 85+ hours of volunteering and various leadership positions for clubs on campus. I have also done 500+ hours of dental research and have presented my work at a conference as well as am the second author on a published paper.
I am from PA but currently go to school in NC. I will submit my application within the first week possible. I would ideally like to stay in-state for dental, but will go wherever I get in. I plan to apply to Pitt, Penn, Temple, Maryland, Ohio State, Michigan, UNC, Tufts, and USC. What are my odds at these schools? Should I apply to more or fewer? If so which should I add or remove from my list?
Any advice would be helpful as this whole process is pretty stressful. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:

GPA/DAT look good, but need hours and description of experiences.

Reactions: 1 user

GPA/DAT look good, but need hours and description of experiences.
I added hours and included more of a description. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
How much networking have you done with students currently at the schools on your list? Have you ever participated in the ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair in the past (or the next one coming up)?

How much networking have you done with students currently at the schools on your list? Have you ever participated in the ADEA GoDental Virtual Fair in the past (or the next one coming up)?
Thanks for the reply, I have not done a whole lot. The dental lab I worked in is at the school I would most like to go to. Through that I know some of the faculty and a handful of students. However, I don't know many students at any of the other schools on my list.

Since Pitt is your state school, that should be your goal. Your stats are definitely competitive for that school. USC costs 152k per year, absolutely take that school off. I'd also take off tufts.

Reactions: 1 user
Since Pitt is your state school, that should be your goal. Your stats are definitely competitive for that school. USC costs 152k per year, absolutely take that school off. I'd also take off tufts.
Thank you for the advice. Pitt is the current goal. I have USC and Tufts on the list as "safety" type schools as I definitely like the areas and if it came down to paying high tuition at one of those schools or nothing else I would likely find a way.

Hello,
I am getting ready to apply this upcoming cycle. I will have a 3.72 cGPA and a 3.65 sGPA. On the DAT I scored 22AA (21TS, 22PAT, 20Bio, 21GC, 22OC, 22QR, 27RC). I have 135+ hours of shadowing (mostly general, some ortho, pedo, and endo). I have 85+ hours of volunteering and various leadership positions for clubs on campus. I have also done 500+ hours of dental research and have presented my work at a conference as well as am the second author on a published paper.
I am from PA but currently go to school in NC. I will submit my application within the first week possible. I would ideally like to stay in-state for dental, but will go wherever I get in. I plan to apply to Pitt, Penn, Temple, Maryland, Ohio State, Michigan, UNC, Tufts, and USC. What are my odds at these schools? Should I apply to more or fewer? If so which should I add or remove from my list?
Any advice would be helpful as this whole process is pretty stressful. Thank you!
Stats wise you are fine, and I would knock off USC and Tufts, if price is a concern. Replace these with Stony Brook and Buffalo if I were you.

Reactions: 2 users