Chance that Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Spring 2021 Might ALL Be Online - Keep Taking Classes (Post-Bacc)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is that there is a not-insignificant chance that classes for Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Spring 2021 might all be online for UCLA and UCLA Extension. Summer and Fall 2020 is already online. This means that I may have to take Organic Chem 1+2, Physics 1+2, AND biochem all online. Would medical schools be understanding of this situation if I'm doing a post-bacc, and not enrolled in a degree program? Or should I potentially wait off the year and delay applications by a year?

Members don't see this ad.

Considering that UCLA is singlehandedly the biggest producer of premeds in the United States, I would be shocked if schools didn't know about the situation at UCLA and their classes (as well as at other schools in the country in general). Take the classes. You should be fine in terms of meeting requirements.

This sounds horrible. I'm hoping most schools will hold off on such a decision.

Already summer financial aid was reduced at my school. Clearly they can't afford to maintain this.