• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Chance that Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Spring 2021 Might ALL Be Online - Keep Taking Classes (Post-Bacc)?

DoctoOcto

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Word on the street is that there is a not-insignificant chance that classes for Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Spring 2021 might all be online for UCLA and UCLA Extension. Summer and Fall 2020 is already online. This means that I may have to take Organic Chem 1+2, Physics 1+2, AND biochem all online. Would medical schools be understanding of this situation if I'm doing a post-bacc, and not enrolled in a degree program? Or should I potentially wait off the year and delay applications by a year?

Upvote 0

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
Word on the street is that there is a not-insignificant chance that classes for Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Spring 2021 might all be online for UCLA and UCLA Extension. Summer and Fall 2020 is already online. This means that I may have to take Organic Chem 1+2, Physics 1+2, AND biochem all online. Would medical schools be understanding of this situation if I'm doing a post-bacc, and not enrolled in a degree program? Or should I potentially wait off the year and delay applications by a year?
Take the classes, I think all the medical schools are aware of the situation

Upvote 0

Seihai

The dog is always the real hero.
2+ Year Member
May 24, 2017
Considering that UCLA is singlehandedly the biggest producer of premeds in the United States, I would be shocked if schools didn't know about the situation at UCLA and their classes (as well as at other schools in the country in general). Take the classes. You should be fine in terms of meeting requirements.

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.