Chances? Am I competitive enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgogogostudy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.788
BCP GPA: 3.788
Science GPA: 3.68
DAT : 23AA

What schools should I apply? Are my stats competitive enough for top schools? I am a little bit concerned because of lower science GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

i wouldn't really consider your sGPA "lower." you're above the average numbers for a lot of the schools.

We had around the same dat but my goals was higher and I got all interviews and acceptances. The one place I didn't get accepted at I didn't interview at. I think you are ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
We had around the same dat but my goals was higher and I got all interviews and acceptances. The one place I didn't get accepted at I didn't interview at. I think you are ok.

What do you mean by your goals were higher?

3.9-3.92. Won't mention schools, but they didn't care much about my DAT at the interviews despite being around the same as yours.

In terms of what schools you should apply to, what is your state of residency? Start with your state schools. Then for other schools, think about things like whether a certain school is OOS friendly, where you are willing to live, whether or not you can meet their requirements, etc.

Overall GPA: 3.788
BCP GPA: 3.788
Science GPA: 3.68
DAT : 23AA

What schools should I apply? Are my stats competitive enough for top schools? I am a little bit concerned because of lower science GPA.
Looks good. Try to go to your state school save $$

Your stats are pretty good to apply almost anywhere. Hopefully the rest of your app is up to par.

That being said, good stats/app, and good interviews still aren’t a guarantee for admission anywhere. I had pretty good interviews at two ivies and 3 top state schools and didn’t get into any of them. Maybe I just have really bad luck. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I’m sure you’ll be absolutely fine in the end. In the end I’m going to DS and that’s all I could really have hoped for.

Last edited: