MD & DO Chances...any advice appreciated.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pronghorn89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
This is my first time posting so here it goes. I'll try to keep it concise.
Undergrad: 2.7c, 2.7s
1 year Postbacc (at a 4 year uni): 3.82
-Full load science courses
MCAT: 520

Underrepresented minority, research in plant sciences/wildlife bio, 3 years EMT experience, 2 years teaching EMT courses, 2 years volunteer experience in undeserved community clinic, 3 months teaching gross anatomy, about to start work as a clinical research coordinator in infectious diseases.

Undergrad was terrible for me. I worked full time supporting my homeless dad, brother developed schizophrenia, moved back home to help mom take care of my brother. Family situation stabilized after I graduated so I decided to give it one more go with a full course load while still working approx. 30 hrs per week (I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise).

What do you all think? What are my chances? I've worked my ass off and I am getting really burned out with the whole process. I don't want to spend another year prepping/improving if this won't do it. I'm 28 years old and the longer I continue prepping for this, the more I feel I'm cornering myself and closing other doors. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.