This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physiciandreams223

Reaction score
Currently considering applying to osteopathic programs, I am a hispanic male from arizona, bilingual. I have an undergraduate gpa of 3.2 and am currently enrolled in a respiratory therapy program with a 4.0. My mcat score is a 504, I have strong letters of recommendation from a MD, DO, Program Director and a Instructor. Currently have experience working as a medical assistant 1000+ hours and also have clinical rotation experience 750+ hours. What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will be fine as long as you don't have a wildly unbalanced score (like a 120 in some subsection) and fyi, most people will not disclose what institution they are affiliated with.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry I made a mistake, being fairly knew to these forums. Will anyone have any recommendations for a osteopathic school list.

Sorry I made a mistake, being fairly knew to these forums. Will anyone have any recommendations for a osteopathic school list.
You're basically fine for any DO school, but the ones that are the most established are:

ATSU-KCOM
DMUCOM
KCU-COM
MWU-CCOM
PCOM-PA
MSUCOM (strong in-state bias)

Then I'd say the rest of the list is up to you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

You're basically fine for any DO school, but the ones that are the most established are:

ATSU-KCOM
DMUCOM
KCU-COM
MWU-CCOM
PCOM-PA
MSUCOM (strong in-state bias)

Then I'd say the rest of the list is up to you.

That OOS tuition though....

Reactions: 1 users
MSU only as instate.

I really like CUSOM for what they've been able to do in NC state as a new school.

Wouldn't recommend Touro-NY, WCU-COM, NSU-COM, and LUCOM for different reasons you can find using the search button on this forum. Otherwise, you're fine with any other DO school you may add. Just do your research and make sure it's a school you want to attend.