Chances for IUSM-West Lafayette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brsloat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm trying to figure out what I should do to better my chances at IUSM-West Lafayette. Over the past two years I have made some strong ties to the community and would really like to continue staying here for as long as I can. Should I retake the MCAT, become a resident of Indiana, get personal letters from members of the community?

Here is some of my info:
  1. cGPA 3.53 (upward trend currently), sGPA-3.4
  2. MCAT 504- (126, 124, 127, 127)
  3. State of residence: Rhode Island
  4. Purdue University, Medical Laboratory Science major
  5. Clinical experience: hospital volunteer on patient floor ~30hrs, next year will have 6 month experience in hospital laboratory (not sure if this counts)
  6. No research
  7. Shadowing experience: 13 hrs endocrinology, 10 hrs cardiology
  8. Non-clinical volunteering: 100 hrs+ gymnastics coach (continuing experience, will end up with probably over 400hrs)
  9. Other extracurricular activities: American Sign Language club social media chair, year long exchange in England (was part of their gymnastics club), Anatomy/Physiology TA, Medical Terminology TA
  10. Work experience: Gymnastics teacher/summer camp counselor- 6 years (continuing), library clerk- 1 year
  11. I believe I will have strong letters of recommendations

Members don't see this ad.