Jun 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm a graduate who in planning to start a masters program in the Fall but applying this cycle. Also retaking my DAT this summer.
Applying to NYU, Tufts, NSU, UF, LECOM, Western, and Roseman.

Here are my stats:
Florida resident
GPA: 3.31 (with an upward trend)
SGPA: 3.10
PAT: 20
QR: 21
RC: 19
BIO: 19
GC: 14
OC: 20
TS: 18
AA: 19
100+ volunteering and shadowing hours plus a mission trip.
TA for psychology, two leadership roles, and one summer employment.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
Definitely need to crush your next DAT attempt. A 14 in GC will make it very unlikely to get an acceptance. Also what is your science gpa that is more important than overall?

Jun 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
Definitely need to crush your next DAT attempt. A 14 in GC will make it very unlikely to get an acceptance. Also what is your science gpa that is more important than overall?
Definitely agree on my GC score. Science GPA is a 3.1

About the Ads
Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah with a 3.1 sgpa you’ll definitely want to get 22+ to have a decent chance to get in

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
I had a 3.75 science gpa and a 22 and I applied to 12 schools and got 5 interviews and 3 acceptances

Jun 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
14GC is a major red flag. Must retake. Other sections on DAT look decent, what happened with GC?
I studied for about 3 months starting with GC but never really went back to review before taking my DAT so I forgot a lot of the concepts. But I've always been weak in gen chem. This time around I'm focusing a lot on GC though.

May 7, 2019
Status
Dental Student
Have you thought to add Howard, Meharry, and UNE to the list and perhaps a few more privates!

And 3.3 isn’t that bad, you sure you want to do masters? You’re within range of competitive GPA if you can score really well in postbacc. I’m sure that’s cheaper than 50k for masters.

if you can get a 3.4 and a 20AA, you’ll probably get into somewhere.

Jun 3, 2020
Status
Pre-Dental
Have you thought to add Howard, Meharry, and UNE to the list and perhaps a few more privates!

And 3.3 isn’t that bad, you sure you want to do masters? You’re within range of competitive GPA if you can score really well in postbacc. I’m sure that’s cheaper than 50k for masters.

if you can get a 3.4 and a 20AA, you’ll probably get into somewhere.
Yeah I'm still looking into adding more school to apply to but I haven't looked into postbac. I feel like getting a masters add more weight to my application.

May 7, 2019
Status
Dental Student
Yeah I'm still looking into adding more school to apply to but I haven't looked into postbac. I feel like getting a masters add more weight to my application.
I mean obviously masters will be more impactful but the point is to get the best bang for your buck. You’d be saving 40k if you just do post bacc like 4-8 science classes and do well.

Assuming you take 20 science credits and get an A- in all of them, that would raise your GPA by almost 0.1 to a 3.4 and your sGPA probably 0.15-0.2. If your GPA was 2.8, sure get a masters. 3.3, I’m not convinced you need one.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
May I ask which schools that you apply to and the acceptances are?
I applied to Michigan, Detroit, ATSU-AZ, Midwestern-AZ, Louisville, UCLA, NYU, UNC, Iowa, Pacific, Florida, and I forget the last one. I was interviewed at Michigan, ATSU, midwestern, Louisville and Detroit. I got acceptances at Detroit, Michigan and ATSU

frenzysword

5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I applied to Michigan, Detroit, ATSU-AZ, Midwestern-AZ, Louisville, UCLA, NYU, UNC, Iowa, Pacific, Florida, and I forget the last one. I was interviewed at Michigan, ATSU, midwestern, Louisville and Detroit. I got acceptances at Detroit, Michigan and ATSU
Wow, congrats! What is your state of residency?

About the Ads