Chances of Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I'm a graduate who in planning to start a masters program in the Fall but applying this cycle. Also retaking my DAT this summer.
Applying to NYU, Tufts, NSU, UF, LECOM, Western, and Roseman.

Here are my stats:
Florida resident
GPA: 3.31 (with an upward trend)
SGPA: 3.10
PAT: 20
QR: 21
RC: 19
BIO: 19
GC: 14
OC: 20
TS: 18
AA: 19
100+ volunteering and shadowing hours plus a mission trip.
TA for psychology, two leadership roles, and one summer employment.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Definitely need to crush your next DAT attempt. A 14 in GC will make it very unlikely to get an acceptance. Also what is your science gpa that is more important than overall?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah with a 3.1 sgpa you’ll definitely want to get 22+ to have a decent chance to get in

I had a 3.75 science gpa and a 22 and I applied to 12 schools and got 5 interviews and 3 acceptances

14GC is a major red flag. Must retake. Other sections on DAT look decent, what happened with GC?

14GC is a major red flag. Must retake. Other sections on DAT look decent, what happened with GC?
I studied for about 3 months starting with GC but never really went back to review before taking my DAT so I forgot a lot of the concepts. But I've always been weak in gen chem. This time around I'm focusing a lot on GC though.

Have you thought to add Howard, Meharry, and UNE to the list and perhaps a few more privates!

And 3.3 isn’t that bad, you sure you want to do masters? You’re within range of competitive GPA if you can score really well in postbacc. I’m sure that’s cheaper than 50k for masters.

if you can get a 3.4 and a 20AA, you’ll probably get into somewhere.
Yeah I'm still looking into adding more school to apply to but I haven't looked into postbac. I feel like getting a masters add more weight to my application.

Yeah I'm still looking into adding more school to apply to but I haven't looked into postbac. I feel like getting a masters add more weight to my application.
Masters or Postbacc. Same s***. All it matters is you do well in either one.

Reactions: 1 user
May I ask which schools that you apply to and the acceptances are?
I applied to Michigan, Detroit, ATSU-AZ, Midwestern-AZ, Louisville, UCLA, NYU, UNC, Iowa, Pacific, Florida, and I forget the last one. I was interviewed at Michigan, ATSU, midwestern, Louisville and Detroit. I got acceptances at Detroit, Michigan and ATSU

I applied to Michigan, Detroit, ATSU-AZ, Midwestern-AZ, Louisville, UCLA, NYU, UNC, Iowa, Pacific, Florida, and I forget the last one. I was interviewed at Michigan, ATSU, midwestern, Louisville and Detroit. I got acceptances at Detroit, Michigan and ATSU
Wow, congrats! What is your state of residency?