Chances of St georges carribean medical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDAli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Undergraduate 3.85 (honors) in biological sciences with department recognition. Mcat 494. Also did ER and surgery internships. And I know some will say don't do it! I will have to say that I am going to caribbean or caribbean. No choice right now considering circumstances (complicated trust me). I have friends who did carribean and now very successful doctors in california. They are ER and internal medicine physicians and both went to the top caribbean medical schools. You may ask why my mcat was low. My answer is that my personal situation was cruddy. I can study, I assure you and information stays in my head but english isn't my strongpoint (second language) and ruined me in the mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

Undergraduate 3.85 (honors) in biological sciences with department recognition. Mcat 494. Also did ER and surgery internships. And I know some will say don't do it! I will have to say that I am going to caribbean or caribbean. No choice right now considering circumstances (complicated trust me). I have friends who did carribean and now very successful doctors in california. They are ER and internal medicine physicians and both went to the top caribbean medical schools. You may ask why my mcat was low. My answer is that my personal situation was cruddy. I can study, I assure you and information stays in my head but english isn't my strongpoint (second language) and ruined me in the mcat.

Retake the MCAT. Not once more, twice more. Maybe even thrice more... you get the pt. Then apply to DO programs. The pt is, I know you have a personal situation. But the circumstances have change substantially since your friends went Caribbean. AOA/ACGME merger is creeping up. Us Carib folk need stellar board scores.

Edit: Yes, you'll get into st. George as smooth as a criminal in the Neverland ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
you'll get in, but if you are struggling that much with the mcat imagine how much harder the steps will be, along with all the poorly written tests the school will give you. The Mcat is the easiest test you will take in your medical career, if you can't succeed on that what makes you think med school will be easier?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with @Mikkus
Maybe it was just a bad time/phase that you didn't do as well as you believe you're capable of. But now that your situation is better (I'm assuming it's better which is why you're finally thinking about starting med school in fall), why don't you rewrite the MCAT (even if just for the hell of it) to gauge your own potential and performance on standardized tests?

Retake the MCAT, and know that even if it doesn't get much better, you can still get into SGU, you're just going to have to work harder down the road later

Reactions: 1 user
I did poorly on my MCAT 26. I went from Engineering to MD and didn't take the time to prepare myself for the test. However I went ahead and got accepted to SGU. I studied 15 hrs a a day, finished with honors and step scores in the 250's. This past Match I secured a residency position in IM and then Radiology (PG2). The point I am trying to make is the MCAT means ****, if you have the will and smarts to accomplish what you want you can make it going to a carib school. I am not saying things are'nt getting harder for IMG's, but if you stand out you will have no problems matching.

Reactions: 2 users
MCAT is very different than steps. I did poorly on the MCAT and crushed the steps. I personally think the MCAT is a more intellectual and more difficult exam. Steps reward pure hard work a bit more. I would definitely retake the MCAT as you have good stats before you think carib.

Plenty of people do well at SGU / Ross but obviously depends on your career goals. If you want ortho than definitely carib should be the very very last resort. I just matched from SGU as well and got my #1 IM program so I am happy.

Reactions: 6 users
With that MCAT they might put you in Foundations. Word on the street is it's in the 503 range.

Hi I believe I can help with some advice. Especially when it comes to Caribbean school selection based on your overall goals. I'm lending a hand because I wish someone was there to guide me through it all. Feel free to contact me directly. SkypE message: student supporter.

All the best.

MCAT is very different than steps. I did poorly on the MCAT and crushed the steps. I personally think the MCAT is a more intellectual and more difficult exam. Steps reward pure hard work a bit more. I would definitely retake the MCAT as you have good stats before you think carib.

Plenty of people do well at SGU / Ross but obviously depends on your career goals. If you want ortho than definitely carib should be the very very last resort. I just matched from SGU as well and got my #1 IM program so I am happy.
Congrats! Im thinking of doing EM or IM. Thats is why I would go Caribbean. I am not interested in ROAD residencies so I think I would be content. And again I congratulate you. May the road ahead bring you hapiness!

you'll get in, but if you are struggling that much with the mcat imagine how much harder the steps will be, along with all the poorly written tests the school will give you. The Mcat is the easiest test you will take in your medical career, if you can't succeed on that what makes you think med school will be easier?
I found the MCAT significantly more difficult in the sense that I felt it was asking questions outside of the scope of what I had intensively studied. I was killing all the practice exams and then took the real exam and was like "WTF??? I don't remember ever reviewing this concept" on a lot of the questions. I got a 31 but was realistically expecting closer to 40 going into it. The MCAT is actually a very poor metric for predicting med school performance/ success. The step exams were significantly easier from my perspective. The old joke for step exams studying was the Rule of 2's. Step 1- 2 months; Step 2- 2 weeks; Step 3- #2 pencil.

The MCAT is actually a very poor metric for predicting med school performance/ success.

You're just, quite simply and flat out, wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
"The combination of UGPAs and MCAT total scores performs well as a predictor of UP. Both UGPAs and MCAT total scores are strong predictors of academic performance in medical school through graduation, not just the first two years. Further, these relationships generalize across medical schools."

The Predictive Validity of the MCAT Exam in Relation to Acad... : Academic Medicine

- - - - - - - - - - - -
"Among applicants to US medical schools, those with MCAT scores obtained with extra test administration time, compared with standard administration time, had no significant difference in rate of medical school admission but had lower rates of passing the USMLE Step examinations and of medical school graduation within 4 to 8 years after matriculation."

MCAT Scores, Extra Test Time, and Medical School

- - - - - - - - - - - -
"MCAT scores almost double the proportion of variance in medical school grades explained by uGPAs, and essentially replace the need for uGPAs in their impressive prediction of Step scores. The MCAT performs well as an indicator of academic preparation for medical school, independent of the school-specific handicaps of uGPAs."

Validity of the Medical College Admission Test for Predictin... : Academic Medicine

I have been saying for over a decade on this forum that, if you are a student who struggles with standardized tests, you need to do some serious soul-searching before you commit to this profession, which relies heavily on them and will continue to bombard you with them for the rest of your career.

-Skip

Members don't see this ad :)
... let me add further.

The MCAT score might have been a "poor metric" for predicting your own personal medical school performance, npappasan. Although a "31" (on the old test) is enough to get most people into a U.S. medical school somewhere.

Each individual is not necessarily representative of the population. But, don't fool yourself. And, don't give bad advice based on your own experience (which is not supported by the literature on the subject).

Thank you.

-Skip

You're just, quite simply and flat out, wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
"The combination of UGPAs and MCAT total scores performs well as a predictor of UP. Both UGPAs and MCAT total scores are strong predictors of academic performance in medical school through graduation, not just the first two years. Further, these relationships generalize across medical schools."

The Predictive Validity of the MCAT Exam in Relation to Acad... : Academic Medicine

- - - - - - - - - - - -
"Among applicants to US medical schools, those with MCAT scores obtained with extra test administration time, compared with standard administration time, had no significant difference in rate of medical school admission but had lower rates of passing the USMLE Step examinations and of medical school graduation within 4 to 8 years after matriculation."

MCAT Scores, Extra Test Time, and Medical School

- - - - - - - - - - - -
"MCAT scores almost double the proportion of variance in medical school grades explained by uGPAs, and essentially replace the need for uGPAs in their impressive prediction of Step scores. The MCAT performs well as an indicator of academic preparation for medical school, independent of the school-specific handicaps of uGPAs."

Validity of the Medical College Admission Test for Predictin... : Academic Medicine

I have been saying for over a decade on this forum that, if you are a student who struggles with standardized tests, you need to do some serious soul-searching before you commit to this profession, which relies heavily on them and will continue to bombard you with them for the rest of your career.

-Skip

I don't dispute your argument but I don't agree with it either. When taking MCAT scores into consideration you also have to look at MCAT preparation which can vary considerably compared to STEP preparation. If some rich kid spent thousands of dollars on a prep course or one-on-one tutoring and scored higher on the test compared to someone who did not have access to those resources, then you can't automatically assume that their score is somehow more predictive of anything other than they were more prepared to take the test.

I know people who went to SGU with MCAT's in the low 20's who just took step and are scoring in the 230's. There is no correlation between those numbers.

I agree that a student needs to be a good standardized test taker to succeed in this field but I don't believe the MCAT is a predictor of that because the MCAT is not clinical in nature. It's a test that you can essentially forget about once you are in medical school. A better predictor of future success would be an NBME subject exam or an NBME Comp before you take the STEP.

To again prove my point, my cousin scored a 37 and failed STEP1 on his first attempt in a US program. Much can be said about his preparation but that 37 did not help him out in any way.

The MCAT is a good tool to weed out students applying to competitive US programs. As a predictor of med school success? Well believe what you want to believe if it makes you feel better. There's no right or wrong way to look at an MCAT score.

I don't dispute your argument but I don't agree with it either. When taking MCAT scores into consideration you also have to look at MCAT preparation which can vary considerably compared to STEP preparation. If some rich kid spent thousands of dollars on a prep course or one-on-one tutoring and scored higher on the test compared to someone who did not have access to those resources, then you can't automatically assume that their score is somehow more predictive of anything other than they were more prepared to take the test.

I know people who went to SGU with MCAT's in the low 20's who just took step and are scoring in the 230's. There is no correlation between those numbers.

I agree that a student needs to be a good standardized test taker to succeed in this field but I don't believe the MCAT is a predictor of that because the MCAT is not clinical in nature. It's a test that you can essentially forget about once you are in medical school. A better predictor of future success would be an NBME subject exam or an NBME Comp before you take the STEP.

To again prove my point, my cousin scored a 37 and failed STEP1 on his first attempt in a US program. Much can be said about his preparation but that 37 did not help him out in any way.

The MCAT is a good tool to weed out students applying to competitive US programs. As a predictor of med school success? Well believe what you want to believe if it makes you feel better. There's no right or wrong way to look at an MCAT score.
You can list anecdotes all day but across the data set, Mcat is actually a predictor

Like I said, whatever makes you feel better bruh.

Your ability to double down on your own misinformed opinions despite multiple examples of evidence to the contrary is pretty astounding.

The Predictive Validity of the MCAT for Medical School Perfo... : Academic Medicine

Evaluating the Predictive Validity of MCAT Scores across Div... : Academic Medicine

The first article is meta-analysis of several other well-crafted studies. Numerous studies have found that the MCAT is a weak to moderate predictor of medical school success at a population level. It can say nothing about an individual, and is not the final word for medical education, but its predictive validity performs better than other metrics have in the past.

Reactions: 3 users
Your ability to double down on your own misinformed opinions despite multiple examples of evidence to the contrary is pretty astounding.

The Predictive Validity of the MCAT for Medical School Perfo... : Academic Medicine

Evaluating the Predictive Validity of MCAT Scores across Div... : Academic Medicine

The first article is meta-analysis of several other well-crafted studies. Numerous studies have found that the MCAT is a weak to moderate predictor of medical school success at a population level. It can say nothing about an individual, and is not the final word for medical education, but its predictive validity performs better than other metrics have in the past.

Just stop right there, that's all I need to know.

As a predictor of med school success? Well believe what you want to believe if it makes you feel better.

I presented data. You presented an (unverified) anecdote. Who is trying to "believe what you want to believe" simply to make oneself feel better?

There's no right or wrong way to look at an MCAT score.

Ummm... yes there is. Subsequently posted with validated studies.

(And, your approach/suggestion is just plain worrisome, especially if this is extrapolated to a general attitude as to how you feel people should approach challenges, or even just life's every day-to-day problems, that they don't agree with. You don't get to pick your own reality, despite what you may have been lead to believe.)

-Skip

I presented data. You presented an (unverified) anecdote. Who is trying to "believe what you want to believe" simply to make oneself feel better?

Ummm... yes there is. Subsequently posted with validated studies.

(And, your approach/suggestion is just plain worrisome, especially if this is extrapolated to a general attitude as to how you feel people should approach challenges, or even just life's every day-to-day problems, that they don't agree with. You don't get to pick your own reality, despite what you may have been lead to believe.)

-Skip

Not saying a high MCAT score doesn't mean anything but comparing the MCAT to STEP1 is not a fair comparison. There are plenty of MCAT prep courses that can significantly bump up your score. Would you agree if I said that Kaplan or any other STEP preparation program can, at best, only improve your score 20 points or so? STEP preparation is based on basic sciences knowledge and MCAT preparation is not really based on pre-req knowledge.

Like I said, the discussion can go both ways but I have seen enough in my time that I can conclude that there is no correlation between your MCAT score and medical school performance and STEP performance. I don't think any medical student will attribute their STEP performance to undergraduate performance and the MCAT.

The MCAT has been the hardest test I have taken so far (only OMS1, but you get the point). I hate that people say this.

Like I said, the discussion can go both ways but I have seen enough in my time that I can conclude that there is no correlation between your MCAT score and medical school performance and STEP performance.

I would strongly suggest that you never visit Las Vegas or, if you do, that you leave your wallet in your pocket.

-Skip

Not saying a high MCAT score doesn't mean anything but comparing the MCAT to STEP1 is not a fair comparison. There are plenty of MCAT prep courses that can significantly bump up your score. Would you agree if I said that Kaplan or any other STEP preparation program can, at best, only improve your score 20 points or so? STEP preparation is based on basic sciences knowledge and MCAT preparation is not really based on pre-req knowledge.

Like I said, the discussion can go both ways but I have seen enough in my time that I can conclude that there is no correlation between your MCAT score and medical school performance and STEP performance. I don't think any medical student will attribute their STEP performance to undergraduate performance and the MCAT.
you may conclude whatever you want, you may not do so justifiably

Well, I'd call it "cognitive bias" actually. But, yes, there is a lot of that going on in here. Base rate fallacy... confirmation bias... overconfidence effect... (etc.)

-Skip

Huh? Start your step 1 studying and you may utter a different tune.

I've taken a look. I expect to do better on Step 1 than I did on the MCAT, but then again, I did piss-poor on the MCAT so that shouldn't be too hard.

I've taken a look. I expect to do better on Step 1 than I did on the MCAT, but then again, I did piss-poor on the MCAT so that shouldn't be too hard.

lol I hope you do well... it's a really difficult test that is immensely more difficult than the mcat. Good luck.

Congrats! Im thinking of doing EM or IM. Thats is why I would go Caribbean. I am not interested in ROAD residencies so I think I would be content. And again I congratulate you. May the road ahead bring you hapiness!
EM is more competitive than half of the ROAD residencies these days.

EM is more competitive than half of the ROAD residencies these days.

I actually didn't know this lol I thought EM and IM were IMG friendly and hence not as competitive this is actually good to know going forward

I actually didn't know this lol I thought EM and IM were IMG friendly and hence not as competitive this is actually good to know going forward

EM is a little more competitive than IM I would say but also less / smaller programs, less people choose EM, etc. EM is IMG friendly and plenty of SGU / Ross do EM every match.

You can't "prove a point" by listing a personal story. That's not facts or evidence. What exactly are you here to do, anyways? In your thread you mentioned failing out of school ans you had scored terrible on the MCAT. There is my proof.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

You can't "prove a point" by listing a personal story. That's not facts or evidence. What exactly are you here to do, anyways? In your thread you mentioned failing out of school ans you had scored terrible on the MCAT. There is my proof.

Don't be so sensitive man. Nobody failed out of school. Read a little slower next time.

Don't be so sensitive man. Nobody failed out of school. Read a little slower next time.
Sensitive? Lol. "Multiple Ws" were you going to fail anyways? Based on all evidence (and advice here) you are effectively done.

Why are you still spinning your wheels after doing poorly on your MCAT, going Carribbean and then quitting?

Sensitive? Lol. "Multiple Ws" were you going to fail anyways? Based on all evidence (and advice here) you are effectively done.

Why are you still spinning your wheels after doing poorly on your MCAT, going Carribbean and then quitting?

Relax man, you need to worry about yourself. Don't be talking tough to me...that ain't gonna work.

Relax man, you need to worry about yourself. Don't be talking tough to me...that ain't gonna work.
You are evading any real conversation. I'm not sure what you think I'm trying to do, "talking tough".

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You are evading any real conversation. I'm not sure what you think I'm trying to do, "talking tough".

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Not evading but I don't appreciate it when I bring up legitimate points and some of the people here resort to personal attacks. I don't recall going after individual people in any of my posts to prove a point.

To get back to the discussion on MCAT's, any reasonable, unbiased person would tell you that an MCAT score can be heavily modified with prep courses as well as the timing of the test so how exactly do you compare one person's experience to another if one person had more access to more preparation? I don't know if you've ever seen that but I have seen it myself.

Bottom line is you will have people that do well on the MCAT and fail the boards and you will have people that do poorly on the MCAT but can do well in medical school, take the boards, and then succeed.

When you guys put up all that crap about stats, the problem I have with that, especially on a Caribbean forum, is that you are sending the message to some kid that if their MCAT is not good, then they should give up on becoming a doctor when that is dumbest advice you can give a pre-med. The discussion should instead be "how to get into which school with which MCAT score." Once you are in medical school, that MCAT score does not matter at all.

Not evading but I don't appreciate it when I bring up legitimate points and some of the people here resort to personal attacks. I don't recall going after individual people in any of my posts to prove a point.

No one is attacking you personally. No one knows you personally.

To get back to the discussion on MCAT's, any reasonable, unbiased person would tell you that an MCAT score can be heavily modified with prep courses as well as the timing of the test so how exactly do you compare one person's experience to another if one person had more access to more preparation? I don't know if you've ever seen that but I have seen it myself.

Prep courses, it can be argued, are teaching those who can be taught. If one improves their score, that is a demonstration that they have somehow improved their knowledge or how they process knowledge already there. When you take the tests (and I've taken them), they are structured to not only test knowledge, but also reasoning. They are also weight-scored, meaning that you actually get more points taken off if you pick a completely wrong answer and/or guess (which becomes obvious over complex analysis of the entire test as patterns emerge for an individual test taker). These tests are extremely complex and not as simply as "right or wrong" when scored. They are also validated across the population of test takers.

So, yes, a prep course will improve scores for those in which scores can be improved (i.e., usually a knowledge deficit). They also teach test-taking strategy which, for those who also have an "organizational" cognitive problem that can also be overcome with instruction, correlates well with the way that information is expected to be processed and regurgitated in the medical profession.

Therefore, the fact that some people can improve their scores with prep courses does not undermine the validity of the test as it correlates with individual performance (as has been studied, and produced for you above). Many people take prep courses and still subsequently do terribly on the tests, too.

Bottom line is you will have people that do well on the MCAT and fail the boards and you will have people that do poorly on the MCAT but can do well in medical school, take the boards, and then succeed.

Yes. You cannot argue with this statement. However, it is a vacuous truth. Past performance is clearly correlated with individual future performance when studied and analyzed (see above).

When you guys put up all that crap about stats, the problem I have with that, especially on a Caribbean forum, is that you are sending the message to some kid that if their MCAT is not good, then they should give up on becoming a doctor when that is dumbest advice you can give a pre-med. The discussion should instead be "how to get into which school with which MCAT score."

Well, "all that crap about stats" forms the basis of evidenced-based medicine. It is something you should endeavor to understand, learn how to interpret, learn how to intelligently critique, and used to defend your decisions. It is not something to dismiss simply because your own personal empiric observations, rife with their own bias, don't agree with them.

That's the point many of us are trying to make on this thread.

Once you are in medical school, that MCAT score does not matter at all.

With all due respect, I think this is the point that you continue to miss.

The MCAT score is predictive on how you will do on standardized tests, and can be extrapolated in general with how you will do in school and in medicine. People who struggle with standardized tests, for whatever reason, will have lifelong challenges in this profession. It may ultimately have little correlation on an individual level, but it is predictive on a pooled level. No one can know exactly what will happen to a single person, but law of averages suggests exactly the opposite of what you're saying.

Again, I have been warning students for years on this forum that if, for whatever reason, they struggle with standardized tests, they should diligently work on improving this skill... or reconsider the profession altogether. You simply cannot advance your career if this is a continuous problem. I, too, have seen this too many times to count. And, that observation is backed-up and validated with data.

-Skip

Why don't you call him a kool aid drinking millennial skip? It's ok, you don't know him personally.

Why don't you call him a kool aid drinking millennial skip? It's ok, you don't know him personally.

Grow up. Please. Pretty please. With cute kitties and pink fuzzy bunnies.

-Skip

The MCAT score is predictive on how you will do on standardized tests, and can be extrapolated in general with how you will do in school and in medicine

I don't think it is. For the purpose of Caribbean schools, two years of basic sciences training with "USMLE-Style" questions on all exams during that time is enough to prepare any student with a lackluster MCAT score into a good test-taker for the purpose of the USMLE. I can give you more stories but I know you guys don't like them. I have a friend who got turned down from every US school he applied to based on his MCAT. He went to SGU for a year, transferred to Drexel, and is now an interventional radiologist. Why don't we go lecture him on his MCAT score and see what he has to say?

I'm not advocating "failing" the MCAT but students who score in the 20's or even the 490's can do well on the USMLE if they have the drive and are given the opportunity. You can't argue that. That's the message I would leave with some prospective student as opposed to saying "your MCAT score seals your fate." That sounded pretty stupid just typing it.

The MCAT is not predictive of anything but I'm sure you can round up a few students and come up with statistics to prove otherwise. Actually I think you can do that for just about anything.

I don't think it is. For the purpose of Caribbean schools, two years of basic sciences training with "USMLE-Style" questions on all exams during that time is enough to prepare any student with a lackluster MCAT score into a good test-taker for the purpose of the USMLE. I can give you more stories but I know you guys don't like them. I have a friend who got turned down from every US school he applied to based on his MCAT. He went to SGU for a year, transferred to Drexel, and is now an interventional radiologist. Why don't we go lecture him on his MCAT score and see what he has to say?

I'm not advocating "failing" the MCAT but students who score in the 20's or even the 490's can do well on the USMLE if they have the drive and are given the opportunity. You can't argue that. That's the message I would leave with some prospective student as opposed to saying "your MCAT score seals your fate." That sounded pretty stupid just typing it.

The MCAT is not predictive of anything but I'm sure you can round up a few students and come up with statistics to prove otherwise. Actually I think you can do that for just about anything.

When did your friend do the Drexel transfer thing?

When did your friend do the Drexel transfer thing?

This was 2004 man but it is what it is. Can't argue with reality.

As a side note, this guy was salutorian of his HS class, full scholarship and studied biochemistry, all around doctor material. Dude could not do well on the MCAT. Don't know his STEP scores but interventional radiologist is an interventional radiologist no matter how you spell it.

I don't think it is. <snip>

No, you can't!

Did you even read the abstracts above? Did you understand them? Why do you continue to argue against published, peer-reviewed data? (Newsflash: what you personally think or believe is irrelevant.)

This was 2004 man but it is what it is. Can't argue with reality.

As a side note, this guy was salutorian of his HS class, full scholarship and studied biochemistry, all around doctor material. Dude could not do well on the MCAT. Don't know his STEP scores but interventional radiologist is an interventional radiologist no matter how you spell it.

One thing you've made perfectly clear to all of us is your love for the unverified anecdote. No argument there.

(And, I'm now on the verge of dismissing this as nothing more than trolling.)

-Skip

Reactions: 4 users
Oh I can give you his name. He is practicing in Pennsylvania; but that would bring up an issue of confidentiality.

What I've noticed here is that when someone brings up a strong point and the other person can't argue back, the someone automatically becomes a troll. Go figure.

This is verified. I don't work in anecdotes. You just have to believe me that he went to SGU from 2004-2005 because you can't graduate Drexel in three years right?

Oh what do you know...Chief Resident lol. My boy doesn't disappoint.

Attachments

• IMG_3119.JPG
    IMG_3119.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3120.JPG
    IMG_3120.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Oh I can give you his name. He is practicing in Philadelphia; but that would bring up an issue of confidentiality.

What I've noticed here is that when someone brings up a strong point and the other person can't argue back, the someone automatically becomes a troll. Go figure.

This is verified. I don't work in anecdotes. You just have to believe me that he went to SGU from 2004-2005 because you can't graduate Drexel in three years right?
Why does anyone care what this one random transfer did? The likelihood of that being you is near 0, so why is that the main discussion point?

Why does anyone care what this one random transfer did? The likelihood of that being you is near 0, so why is that the main discussion point?

You sound jealous man lol. I think it's because you wish that was YOU lol. Nah don't be too upset bro. If I was you I'd be jealous too.

It's not about me, I'm proving Skip wrong because he is wrong. Why does anyone care you ask? Because that's where a low 20 MCAT score will get you. Say interventional radiology nice and slow and say it a few more times so it sticks then take it to the bank. That's no mickey mouse family practice there my friend. Isn't that what you do?

EDIT: Not saying you should get a 20 but if you do, all hope is not lost.

Last edited:
Oh I can give you his name. He is practicing in Pennsylvania; but that would bring up an issue of confidentiality.

Oh what do you know...Chief Resident lol. My boy doesn't disappoint.
You have at best a verified anecdote....statistically that situation would be an outlier

You have at best a verified anecdote....statistically that situation would be an outlier

Outlier or not is besides the point. The point is never say an MCAT score predicts anything because you will be proven wrong. INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY...it has a nice ring to it actually.