This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westcoastbestcoast96

Reaction score
Applied this cycle with the following stats:
cGPA: 3.47
sGPA: 3.38
DAT:
AA = 23
TS = 22
RC = 27
PAT = 19

Residence: CALIFORNIA

Shadowing: 115 hours
Volunteering: 200+ at nonprofit
Leadership experience: president of nonprofit for 1 year
Research: 2 years at prestigious research university during gap years (compensated)

Applied to 24 schools..is that too many?!

- mwu (az) and mwu (il)
- roseman
-tufts
-nyu
-UColorado
-uwash
-boston
-AT still (az)
-case western
-unlv
-usc
-western
-uop
-rutgers
-ucla
-ucsf
-maryland
-buffalo
-pitt
-marquette
-penn
-minnesota
-temple

Members don't see this ad.

well, you already applied, so it doesn't matter if we think it's too many
you are going to get more than a few interviews...

Reactions: 1 users
well, you already applied, so it doesn't matter if we think it's too many
you are going to get more than a few interviews...
By that I probably meant more like how many interviews could I expect and which schools should I not expect anything from?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
By that I probably meant more like how many interviews could I expect and which schools should I not expect anything from?

Thanks!
too many factors to be able to say
but since you applied to so many schools and have good stats, you are bound to get some as long as the rest of your application is up to par

Reactions: 1 user
sounds fair. thank you. also realized I forgot to mention I have yet to submit my application for University of Minnesota and University of Maryland. should i consider this school given my stats or should I delete them/change them to something like Detroit Mercy?

GPA: Your GPA is competitive enough for most schools you applied to. You applied to a few "reach" schools based on your GPA, but your DAT adds credibility to your ability to handle the academic rigors of dental school, providing you a realistic opportunity for an interview. No points of concern here.

DAT: Your DAT is competitive enough for all dental schools. No points of concern here.

School Selection: You've applied to a comprehensive and broad range of schools, including lots of schools that match your profile (having done research, being in-state for UCLA and UCSF, you've met all minimum requirements for shadowing hours, etc). Your list certainly includes a lot of schools, but that doesn't hurt you in any way other than the financial impact. No points of concern here.

The application process is holistic: Make sure each part of your application is strong, including activities description framing, your personal statement, and especially your supplemental statements. Those are the areas that allow you to stand out from your competition. You should have no trouble getting 5+ interviews.

Interviews
: Given that you already applied, start working on your interview skills, answer framing, stories, and depending on your interview experience, using interview services to prepare to crush your interviews.

Good luck and let us know if we can provide you with any further help!

sounds fair. thank you. also realized I forgot to mention I have yet to submit my application for University of Minnesota and University of Maryland. should i consider this school given my stats or should I delete them/change them to something like Detroit Mercy?
ask yourself, "do I want to live in these cities for 4 years?"

Well I'm from california, so my goals are to stay - hopefully through UCSF or UoP. But I also know I can't be too picky like that unless I had a 4.0 to go alongside the 23 AA.