Other Chances to match in this new residency program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B+ve

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

My first choice is a new IM program (kindly, regardless of the name), they Invited 50-60 as they mentioned, for 20 spots, My IV was one day before the rank order deadline. My overall performance is not bad at all with the IV, one interviewer (not PD, not Associate PD either) told me you look so excited to be here! (n yes I was), by the end of the IV, he told me don't worry you will do good!
i dont want to put my hopes up with his wards,

don't know if other IMG or US grad will also rank it high,

Soo worried since the IV, couldn't stop thinking, what are my chances to match there as its a new program?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say 59.5%

Honestly though, even if you gave us your stats, how would you expect us to answer this question? We know nothing about your or the program.

I understand it's stressful, but try your best to involve your brain and body in other activities to distract yourself from worrying since there isn't much more you can do at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello guys,

My first choice is a new IM program (kindly, regardless of the name), they Invited 50-60 as they mentioned, for 20 spots, My IV was one day before the rank order deadline. My overall performance is not bad at all with the IV, one interviewer (not PD, not Associate PD either) told me you look so excited to be here! (n yes I was), by the end of the IV, he told me don't worry you will do good!
i dont want to put my hopes up with his wards,

don't know if other IMG or US grad will also rank it high,

Soo worried since the IV, couldn't stop thinking, what are my chances to match there as its a new program?
You gotta relax

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say 59.5%

Honestly though, even if you gave us your stats, how would you expect us to answer this question? We know nothing about your or the program.

I understand it's stressful, but try your best to involve your brain and body in other activities to distract yourself from worrying since there isn't much more you can do at this point.
you are right! am just super worried , this waiting thing make u think alot! i appreciate ur response though

33-40%, pretty simple math problem if they invited 50-60 students to interview for 20 spots. If those numbers are off, there's no way of knowing...

Reactions: 1 user