Chances with these DAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WabashSam

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I took the DAT yesterday and got the following scores:

PA: 19
QR: 20
RC: 30
Bio: 18
Gen. Chem: 18
O. Chem: 18
TS: 18
AA: 21

I have a 3.7 GPA, 3.5 science GPA, 100+ hours of shadowing, and a large amount of campus involvement during undergrad years, with leadership positions in many clubs. I plan on applying to schools such as UCLA, UCSF, Tauro, UT-Houston (all Texas schools actually), to name a few. Should I expand my field or do I have a good chance of getting in to one of these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Should I expand my field or do I have a good chance of getting in to one of these schools?
Are you interested in attending any other schools? I am a firm proponent of only applying to schools that one would attend in the case that is the only acceptance they receive.

Are you interested in attending any other schools? I am a firm proponent of only applying to schools that one would attend in the case that is the only acceptance they receive.
I will go anywhere I just need to be accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a lot of public oos schools are going to be an up-hill battle for you because you’re a Texas resident.

If I were in your shoes, I might remove UCLA and UCSF. I’d then add some of the friendlier public oos schools and/or cheaper private schools. Some examples I might consider instead of UCLA and UCSF are Maryland, Buffalo, OSU, and UNLV.

Hopefully you can stay IS though, because those Texas schools are super cheap in comparison to everywhere else.

I think a lot of public oos schools are going to be an up-hill battle for you because you’re a Texas resident.

If I were in your shoes, I might remove UCLA and UCSF. I’d then add some of the friendlier public oos schools and/or cheaper private schools. Some examples I might consider instead of UCLA and UCSF are Maryland, Buffalo, OSU, and UNLV.

Hopefully you can stay IS though, because those Texas schools are super cheap in comparison to everywhere else.
Isn’t OSU really OOS unfriendly?

Data from a couple years ago says 753 OOS applicants, 60 interviewed, and 54 accepted. 7% Isn't what I'd call extremely friendly but is better than a lot of others.

Reactions: 1 user
Data from a couple years ago says 753 OOS applicants, 60 interviewed, and 54 accepted. 7% Isn't what I'd call extremely friendly but is better than a lot of others.
I didn’t realize those numbers were so low - apologies for the random suggestion.

How about swapping OSU for Marquette?

Marquette is 2010/301/124. So only 6.2% of OOS applicants were offered an acceptance.