Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

Rickety.Cricket

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think my lack of non-clinical volunteering will play too much of a role? Like I said, I'm working on finding a place to volunteer for the next year, but the hours will not be there by the time I apply.
No, it will not matter with your stats and extensive clinical exposure hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd recommend more mid-tier schools like THE Ohio state.
any regional preferences ?

Trying to stay mid-west, although I'm open to heading south. I figured all the schools in Ohio, plus a few in surrounding states would be my best bet. What are your recommendations?
Iowa, Wisconsin, WashU? Surprised they’re not on your list if you prefer midwest

I'm not a fan of reaches. Others will disagree with me, but I feel they don't need the donations.
To me, ties to state are meaningless except for if you grew up in the state, or spent some significant time there. Your Gramma living there doesn't count.

I suggest:
I suggest the following. Nothing wrong with aiming high; the ones I have in bold are schools where your MCAT score is 2-4 points below their avg (about their 25th %ile or less), and your GPA is ~ the same as the school avg. Thus, proceed with caution on these, but I feel you're in striking distance for some.

U VM
U VA
U MI
U IA
U Toledo
USF Morsani
OH State
Case
UCF
U Cincy
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
MCW
Loyola
Emory
BU
Mayo
Duke
Case
Cornell
Mt Sinai
Columbia

Pitt
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
Your state school(s).

I think I've answered on another thread of yours... I'd recommend skipping a year. I don't have a good feeling about this at this point, particularly for the top 20.