Changing letter of intent after e-submitting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needsomehelpnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am dumb. I was reading one of my letter of intent that I have already submitted a few days ago and found 2 typos in the letter. It looks like there is no way for me to change the letter after e-submitting. Would phorcas be able to fix this if I call them on Monday?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m pretty sure that you are stuck with it. I don’t know how bad the typos are, but they probably aren’t a deal breaker. The person reading your letter of intent is likely reading through a whole stack of letters. They might not even notice the error.

During APPE rotations, I had the chance to hear some programs discuss people from their application pool. I heard a story of one person who’s application got tossed after an interview. The current resident was saying how tired he was and the applicant said not to worry and indicated that she gets tired sometimes too. It was taken as a bad sign. Everyone, programs included, gets a little obsessive about the match. To some extent, it’s impossible to predict and control how you will be perceived. She was trying to be kind, and a different resident/program might have seen it as a nice gesture.

I didn’t match last year. If I could change one thing about my approach to applications, it would be eliminating the pure anxiety I felt at that time. It would have been healthier, and I would have done better during interviews. Don’t let a tiny mistake eat at you.

OP, unfortunately you are stuck with what you submitted.

During APPE rotations, I had the chance to hear some programs discuss people from their application pool. I heard a story of one person who’s application got tossed after an interview. The current resident was saying how tired he was and the applicant said not to worry and indicated that she gets tired sometimes too. It was taken as a bad sign.

Really? That sounds like she was just trying to be a little empathetic.. lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Per Phorcas website, "After you have initially e-submitted your application in any application cycle, most sections of your application will be locked to any additional changes. You will have the ability to update your personal information."

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Unless your typos were things such as wrong institution or person.

Thanks for the input guys. It's not wrong institution/person, but they look pretty dumb lol I'll just have to hope for the best now.