cheap textbooks!??!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davincicode

Bio-Linguist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

I have a question about textbooks--- (just trying to get the info of stuff i don't want to regret not having known later)---- so i know med school textbooks are expensive, but anyone know of any cheap places to get them?

has anyone bought them on half.com? or anywhere else? has anyone ordered their textboosk into the Barnes and Noble Stores and used Reader's Advantage 10% discount?

Thanks in advance. I'm just trying to see where I can save some money as a to-be-temporarily-poor medical student!

Thanks,
R. Langdon

Members don't see this ad.

I always check half.com and ebay. You may even find brand-new ones for much less. For books that I don't think are going to be a great reference for me, I buy them that way. If I want to invest in a textbook for future reference purposes, I buy it at the bookstore at school, but I have done that much, much less second year than I did first year.

Members don't see this ad :)
davincicode said:
Hi there everyone,

I have a question about textbooks--- (just trying to get the info of stuff i don't want to regret not having known later)---- so i know med school textbooks are expensive, but anyone know of any cheap places to get them?

has anyone bought them on half.com? or anywhere else? has anyone ordered their textboosk into the Barnes and Noble Stores and used Reader's Advantage 10% discount?

Thanks in advance. I'm just trying to see where I can save some money as a to-be-temporarily-poor medical student!

Thanks,
R. Langdon

don't forget the used booksellers at amazon.com
Also

half.com
walmart.com
campusi.com
textbooks.com
powells.com

I've bought from all of them, no problems.

Bought most of my books on amazon and BN.com. Books are great/prices inexpensive. Got a Netters for 12.00 and Grants dissector for around 10.00.

:luck:

I've bought most of my books from students. A lot of people sell books when they move (4th year), or even before (like after step 1). Often it's still the current edition, but sometimes not. But heck, how much has epidemiology changed in the last couple of years? $5 is way more do-able on my budget than $50 or $100.

But I've used amazon and ebay for some major reference books that people tend not to sell (like Netters).