Cheap Wristwatch at Dental School Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akaopua

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a cheap watch from a good friend; I've had it for several years and its my favorite watch. I'd really like to wear it to my interview but it is like a $20 watch. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Its just a classic 80s Cassio silver watch thats still in great condition. I'm not balling out, I have like a new $500 dollar suit and a nice pair of shoes but Im just not sure about how this watch is gonna look.

ed8b70b6218fcc7325a547f41082b1fc.jpg

Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

No one will care about your watch...

Your current watch looks good and I don’t see a problem. Who knows if your interviewer is a fan of Casio?

As long as it doesn’t make an excessive amount of noise, no one will probably notice it or care. Don’t stress out!

Members don't see this ad :)
- variables you can control <-- study effort for DAT, volunteering record, GPA up to a point
- variables you can't control <-- what your recommenders say in their letters; what the adcoms are looking for; state of residence
- variables that don't make a dang bit of difference <-- choice of wristwatch

Reactions: 4 users
Idk dude, you endorse Big Baller Brand in the avatar then go gallivanting around with a hand-me-down watch? Seems hypocritical

Reactions: 7 users
Idk dude, you endorse Big Baller Brand in the avatar then go gallivanting around with a hand-me-down watch? Seems hypocritical
True. Maybe I shouldn't wear my Rose Gold autographed ZO2s to the interview after all

I wore no watch to all my interviews and I got in.

no dude, everyone knows it's only acceptable to wear a watch to interviews if it costs more than $10,000. Try one of these.

Reactions: 1 user
so salty everyone...LOL
I wanted to click "haha" button but SDN only has "like" button....

Hahahahahaahah I think your watch is fine - no need to question it! Andd if it brings you good vibes and can go with your outfit, even more reason to rock it :zip:

Hundred on my wrist, 80 on my wrist, hundred on my wrist, 80 on my wrist

Awesome retro watch. And it does look in great shape. Someone made fun of my watch at lunch a few weeks ago. Seems it was not big enough. I just shrugged it off. My watch tells accurate time, and it was my fathers.

Reactions: 2 users