1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Chemistry and physics 1001 questions books???

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Cooolguy, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Cooolguy

Cooolguy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey what did you guys think of these, did they help at all, did anyone feel better about the material after using these? Ive heard they are really hard. Please let me in on some insight. Thank You

2. mintendo

5+ Year Member

They were hard! But helpful. For the physics one, the book was really helpful for the easier sections, like newtonian mechanics, but later on when it got into magnetic and eletric fields, some of the questions were impossible. I think I did the first half of the material and then just picked the easier quesitons to do for the harder sections.

3. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    they aren't passage based so they aren't good for test prep but good for content prep.

4. PRamos

PRamos Member
    5+ Year Member

I agree 100%. They are pretty bad in terms of test prep, because the questions are not realistic and there are no passages. Most of the answer explanations are about five to ten words long, which don't help when you are trying to figure out why you got something wrong. Stick with their text materials, but find something else for practicing questions and passages.

5. shantster

shantster Eye protection!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I just did some from the first lecture of the physics book and I thought that it was fairly helpful. It was good to get repetition doing the calculations in my head. Granted, it got more difficult towards the end of the section, but I found that it was good to drill in the information that was covered in the lectures.