Chemistry and physics 1001 questions books???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cooolguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey what did you guys think of these, did they help at all, did anyone feel better about the material after using these? Ive heard they are really hard. Please let me in on some insight. Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Cooolguy said:
Hey what did you guys think of these, did they help at all, did anyone feel better about the material after using these? Ive heard they are really hard. Please let me in on some insight. Thank You

They were hard! But helpful. For the physics one, the book was really helpful for the easier sections, like newtonian mechanics, but later on when it got into magnetic and eletric fields, some of the questions were impossible. I think I did the first half of the material and then just picked the easier quesitons to do for the harder sections.

BrettBatchelor said:
they aren't passage based so they aren't good for test prep but good for content prep.

I agree 100%. They are pretty bad in terms of test prep, because the questions are not realistic and there are no passages. Most of the answer explanations are about five to ten words long, which don't help when you are trying to figure out why you got something wrong. Stick with their text materials, but find something else for practicing questions and passages.

PRamos said:
I agree 100%. They are pretty bad in terms of test prep, because the questions are not realistic and there are no passages. Most of the answer explanations are about five to ten words long, which don't help when you are trying to figure out why you got something wrong. Stick with their text materials, but find something else for practicing questions and passages.

I just did some from the first lecture of the physics book and I thought that it was fairly helpful. It was good to get repetition doing the calculations in my head. Granted, it got more difficult towards the end of the section, but I found that it was good to drill in the information that was covered in the lectures.