Chicago Schools: UIC, Loyola, Depaul, or Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drwr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still in high school and have only just begun learning about this terrifying and overly complicated process to become a pharmacist.

I very much want to go to school in Chicago for undergrad and the top four I have in mind is NW, UIC, Loyola or Depaul.

So which of the four schools would you say is the best in terms of classes, students, professors, etc. and what are some pros and cons for each school? I don't really care about costs and what not. My major will probably be in chemistry.

Also, how difficult is it to get into either Loyola's dual acceptance program (2 years undergrad at Loyola, then 4 years at Midwestern) or UIC's GPPA program?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you visited any of the schools yet?

You could, you know, always contact the schools themselves since there's a very small chance that anyone here has a vast knowledge of all 4 schools and their admissions processes.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could, you know, always contact the schools themselves since there's a very small chance that anyone here has a vast knowledge of all 4 schools and their admissions processes.
Ditto. Besides, OP's question is one that is demanding a very complex answer.

Like bob was trying to point out, make out time to visit those schools as well.

check the minimum requirements for each college.
I know that UIC GPPA requires minimum 28 ACT and 3.6+GPA and top 15% ranking. However they also accept letter of petition.