Chicago State University College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EtoPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone i have stared a new class of 2016 Thread, i am P1 student if you have any question about the admission process i am happy to give you any information. Looking forward to hear from all of you.

Cass of 2015

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will probably be moved to the pharmacy class specific discussion board. Just so you know.

Hello everyone i have stared a new class of 2016 Thread, i am P1 student if you have any question about the admission process i am happy to give you any information. Looking forward to hear from all of you.

Cass of 2015

This will probably be moved to the pharmacy class specific discussion board. Just so you know.

I award you full points. Apply your predictive powers towards winning the lottery. :thumbup:

Cool thread though, nice to see helpful members trying to give back. I award OP full points as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a interview there for dec 14th. Anything you can tell us about the school? The interview seems laid back..its a 1 on 1 interview with the assistant dean? Or is it two interviews one panel and 1 with the assistant dean?

Also, this school is new correct? Has it received regional accredidation so we can obtain federal loans?

Cass of 2015

Same here! Have an interview on December 14th.... and also wondering if CSU pharmacy will get accredited by fall of next year?

I received an interview invite as well! :) Anyone else have finals scheduled this week also? Darn, I wonder if they have another date to choose from otherwise I hope I can take my finals early.

I asked if they had another date for interviews and now I am scheduled for a January 28th interview. Everyone who does the December 14th interview will have to let me know how it goes.

Hey guys finishing my supplemental now, how long after you completed your application did you hear about an interview?

Hey guys finishing my supplemental now, how long after you completed your application did you hear about an interview?

I had everything finished in September but they weren't sending out invites at that time so I don't know how long it will take at this point. Good luck though :thumbup::)

Thanks! Just finished. Mailing it in ASAP. Let us know how the interview goes and GOOD LUCK!!:)

Ok Guys i had final til last week and sorry for late response for those of you you will be interviewing tomorrow.
1. when you are invited for interview at CSU-COP you are the best and the school wants you. so do not stress and be honest on your answers.
2. look for interview questions on feedback section so if you able to answer those question you will be fine
3. know the school mission and vision statement very very important
4. dress professional, be your best
5. answer questions accurately, do not take yourself away from the question
6. Know about Pharmacy profession current issues and future of pharmacy
7. Explain how you can take 8am-5pm class schedule and study plus IPPE
these r some of the quality the school looks plus look feedback questions, like i said you are 10% way from acceptance.
Good Luck and i will try to answer some questions today if any

One more thing, interview is 3-1(Two faculty and one student from P1-P3)

The school had its regional accreditation since its a part of Chicago State University and you can get federal loans, the school of Pharmacy will gets its fullaccreditation upon the first graduation class of 2012.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you comment. On loans? I how much was awarded to you
. Did you need personal loans or were government loans enough? I I'm worried because. This is a state schools vs a private. Thanks?

How did the dec 14th interview go? What did you think of the campus, location, faculty, and staff? Were you impressed and do you still want to attend?

If you are a US citizen or permanent resident you are eligible for government loans up to school estimated cost of attendance. I have been awarded full amount which covers tuition and all other expenses.

Can you comment. On loans? I how much was awarded to you
. Did you need personal loans or were government loans enough? I I'm worried because. This is a state schools vs a private. Thanks?

If you are a US citizen or permanent resident you are eligible for government loans up to school estimated cost of attendance. I have been awarded full amount which covers tuition and all other expenses.

Can I ask what the max amount school calculated for room, board, transportation? What are you doing for healthcare coverage?

Thanks!

For in-state 43000 and out-of -state 52000 but u can be instate after 6 month. I just changed in to instate for spring semester. Also Health insurance is included with tuition.

Hey ETO! thanks for the info. You have been really helpful. Trying to figure out my finances to compare schools. Is this your first year there? Does that mean you saved on tuition for your second semester? Would I just need to plan to live in Chicago in Jun to qualify for that change in spring?

Wow..Check your emails everyone..I just got my acceptance! It doesn't say what the deposit amount is though, does anyone know?

Hey ETO! thanks for the info. You have been really helpful. Trying to figure out my finances to compare schools. Is this your first year there? Does that mean you saved on tuition for your second semester? Would I just need to plan to live in Chicago in Jun to qualify for that change in spring?
Yes, June in the best time for adjustment, you are looking about 6,000 in saving and congrats in your acceptance. let me know anything you wants to know about the school and Chicago area.

Confirmed with Amalia, it is 500 and acceptance packets will be going out tomorrow 12/22

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Wow..Check your emails everyone..I just got my acceptance! It doesn't say what the deposit amount is though, does anyone know?

I got accepted too!! Do you have facebook? Contact me..

Hey guys I just got my interview offer. I will be interviewing 01/28.

hey guys, about how long did it take to get an interview after submitting your supplementary application?

Mine was about a month but that was including the holidays.

how long was the interview? did it really go from 745 to 1pm? I want to fly back the same day and there is a flight at 1pm, im wondering if I can make that. The other two interviews I went to got out much earlier than they had said.

never mind, i am going to fly back the following day instead.. cheaper that way.
good luck to everyone at the Jan 28th interview!

Good luck to you as well. What time is yours?

how long was the interview? did it really go from 745 to 1pm? I want to fly back the same day and there is a flight at 1pm, im wondering if I can make that. The other two interviews I went to got out much earlier than they had said.

It did Take the whole time. There is a lot of downtime sitting and waiting for the interviews to occur, but they have food and you got lunch after. The dean comes in at the end to talk and welcome everyone.

Did anyone hear about the result those who interivewed on 1/28?

no, not yet. I was hoping yesterday. hopefully any time now.

Did anybody get a interview Febtober 24?

Just got home and got my acceptance from the Jan 28th interview!

Got my acceptance from Jan. 28 as well!

They sent an email at first and then a letter came. about two weeks later.

I interviewed yesterday at CSU. I really enjoyed my stay in Chicago and would love to establish my residency there. Faculty and staff are extremely friendly, and provided us with lunch to end the day. :D

If you don't mind can you tell me about your application criteria? I mean GPA, PCAT score any extracurricular activities, volunteer work or so???

GPA 3.8
PCAT score .. too embarrassed to say but Math 95 and Chemistry 88
extracurricular activities - work as pharm tech for 8 years
volunteer in two pharmacies (both r different fields)

what about you?
did you finish interviewing? or u still waiting for the invitation to inteview?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!
I just received my interview invitation for March 26th. I am so excited!!
How did the interview go, I only have one other interview that I have not attended yet so I have no idea what to expect. I'd appreciate any input!!
Thanks

Last edited: