Choose between ATSU vs Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonie97

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please help me choose between ATSU vs Touro. I am from Illinois so all of these would be far for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I *heard* students have a better experience at the Middletown location... and that they are starting to do things differently than the Harlem location. But that’s what I heard.

NYIT Arkansas hasn’t graduated a class yet so very hard to say.

Reactions: 1 user
I would do SOMA out of those 3. Rep and match list is much better, even tho the cost is ridiculous. I think you have a better chance of getting whatever it is you want there.
NYIT Arkansas school is new and I don’t hear anything really positive about them, have heard that a large number failed boards on first attempt, also they don’t seem to have almost any plans for GME.
Touro was one of the originators of the high class size high attrition DO model. I don’t know that it is that much worse than the many new schools that seem to follow this model, but it has had a bit of a rep problem for awhile.

Anyway, none are perfect, but I think you are most likely to finish and get what you want from SOMA (unless there is a regional component I don’t know about, these schools are all over).

SOMA, if you're from Illinois they have 2 community health centers in the state (Chicago and near St. Louis) that you would be spending years 2-4. You would only be in Arizona for one year and then you're back home. I personally like the 1+3 model and they do well on their boards/match list.