Choosing DIY Post Bacc in CUNY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LANYCUTAH

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting for the first time as I am about to officially start my journey to become a Physician as a 31 year Old Non-Trad.

First step is to choose a college to take all the prerequisites. Looking for advice from current or former CUNY students as to which school i should choose. I am currently stuck between CUNY Hunter and CUNY York.

The feedback i have gotten about Hunter is that it is severely overcrowded and getting into classes is always hard. It does have a large pre-med community and reputation with Med schools.

York on the other hand seems less crowded and relatively easier to get As. Not sure about the reputation it has with Med School about rigor of its classes. It seems that class availability is adequate.

Both schools are convenient location wise.

If someone can opine on merits/demerits of each and help me choose, i will be very thankful.

Looking forward to your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As a former CUNY student, don't go to hunter. The rumors are true. Why work 3x harder and get a B when you can sleep and get an A+ somewhere else? At the end of the day, GPA is what matters.

Reactions: 1 users
As a former CUNY student, don't go to hunter. The rumors are true. Why work 3x harder and get a B when you can sleep and get an A+ somewhere else? At the end of the day, GPA is what matters.
True. Hunter has always been notorious for its cut throat curriculum and for being a premed weeder. I'm doing my DIY at York, it's easier to get the classes I need and are okay-ish. You get good profs, you get bad ones.

Reactions: 1 users