Class of 2007 - roll call!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aphistis

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this on another board, and thought "hey, there's a good idea." Who's ready for the clinics? :D

Members don't see this ad.

You guys have patients for removable pros last year, Bill?

Members don't see this ad :)
aphistis said:
I saw this on another board, and thought "hey, there's a good idea." Who's ready for the clinics? :D

Life is definitely getting a little different huh? Between studying for boards, final exams, and seeing patients for the first time. I saw my first patient last week for treatment planning. Caries on like every surface, and needs pros and endo, badly. Can I say Whoah.

Leaf, Is there any truth to the rumors of patient shortage in gainesville?

leafhound16 said:
Life is definitely getting a little different huh? Between studying for boards, final exams, and seeing patients for the first time. I saw my first patient last week for treatment planning. Caries on like every surface, and needs pros and endo, badly. Can I say Whoah.

We start clinic in our sophomore year rotating though restorative, perio, removable (complete dentures), and oral diagnosis (our exam, radiology, and treatment planning clinic). I've completed about a dozen directs, just cut my first crown prep a week ago and should be waxing up my second set of complete dentures next week. But I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing. :laugh:

Right now I just want to get boards over with.

mg777 said:
Leaf, Is there any truth to the rumors of patient shortage in gainesville?

According to some seniors I talked to, we dont get a lot of patients like some other schools do, like the ones in big cities. However, we're not like around the worst either. A senior I talked to says it's sometimes more of a problem that they let in patients that really shouldn''t go to teh students - they either need to go to grad, or patients who actually have nothing wrong with them - which is bad if you need to get certain requirements done. Nothing's perfect, and some seniors complain they have a hard time fulfilling requirements, but I guess that's how it is in some other schools too.

Dr.SpongeBobDDS said:
We start clinic in our sophomore year rotating though restorative, perio, removable (complete dentures), and oral diagnosis (our exam, radiology, and treatment planning clinic). I've completed about a dozen directs, just cut my first crown prep a week ago and should be waxing up my second set of complete dentures next week. But I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing. :laugh:

Right now I just want to get boards over with.

Sweet stuff, you'll do fine on boards.

One of my patients just approved a treatment plan today, so I finally get to do some work on her. My patient pool right now is small, only 9 patients.