-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2013!!!
Started by tonkatruck
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wassup everybody! Well spring breank is over and it is back to school. We are class of 2013 becuz we are going to get accepted, In Jesus Name! I am geeked right now cuz I found out yesterday that I got approved for FAP. That is a huge blessing cuz I didn't know how I was going to pay for applications or the mcat. But now I don't have to worry cuz God took care of it for me just like He is going to take care of the application cycle for us. God bless yall!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Amen, BD! That's amazing! Congrats!!
I have a horrible Organic II test tomorrow that I'm feeling waay underprepared for (just because my prof is hard to understand material-wise, he doesn't know how to teach yet).
Looking forward to it being over so I can concentrate on MCAT this weekend when i'm not at work!!
I have a horrible Organic II test tomorrow that I'm feeling waay underprepared for (just because my prof is hard to understand material-wise, he doesn't know how to teach yet).
Looking forward to it being over so I can concentrate on MCAT this weekend when i'm not at work!!
9/11/10 last night on AAMC 10 = happy gradu8 🙂🙂
Just chugging on along... working on an immunobiology paper. It's a big PITA, and I already have ~25 different references for 3.5 pages single-spaced. I'll probably need 2 more pages... not looking forward to the rest of the paper. Arrrrrgh.
Finally got around to working on my personal statement... I have an outline of the points I want to make... hopefully I'll be able to get down and write it at some point this week...
Congrats on the practice score btw, Gradu8. Its a tricky test and my roommate is going through the same thing right now. He isn't a good standardized test-taker historically, but to his credit he's trying hard to learn how to approach the test the way the test-writers expect.. which is key. He was real happy when he jumped up 7 points between his first and second practice tests, which was a good moment for the both of us! 🙂
Finally got around to working on my personal statement... I have an outline of the points I want to make... hopefully I'll be able to get down and write it at some point this week...
Congrats on the practice score btw, Gradu8. Its a tricky test and my roommate is going through the same thing right now. He isn't a good standardized test-taker historically, but to his credit he's trying hard to learn how to approach the test the way the test-writers expect.. which is key. He was real happy when he jumped up 7 points between his first and second practice tests, which was a good moment for the both of us! 🙂
thanks 🙂 hope you guys have a great week!! I have gs 10 and aamc 6 left... woohoo
so....any secular premeds applying for 2009?
almost time for applying! woohoo! let's go!! Aamc still saying may 15th for amcas release?
Nope none at allso....any secular premeds applying for 2009?
3.5 weeks until the end of the semester. I am ready for it to end, I just gotta pull up one of my grades before then. Western Civilization 2 of all things....ughh.
almost time for applying! woohoo! let's go!! Aamc still saying may 15th for amcas release?
According to the website:
The AMCAS 2009 application will be available on or about May 6, 2008
I'm applying this June, assuming my MCAT comes back half decent-taking it on April 19th (shudder). Doing summer abroad this summer, so the process should be....interesting. Good luck to everyone.
According to the website:
The AMCAS 2009 application will be available on or about May 6, 2008
For reals? So this means that we can fill it out and have transcripts submitted starting May 6? But we can't actually submit the entire thing for verification until June?
almost time for applying! woohoo! let's go!! Aamc still saying may 15th for amcas release?
Just waiting to fill out that form! I head middle of May for release.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TMSDAS is supposed to open the 1st and the AMCAS on the 6th... I have a feeling I won't be getting much studying done this reading/finals season. Or I at least won't have it done until I'm done with the apps, at least my classes are pretty easy this semester.
This means I really need to work on making my personal statement good before then. Ugh!!!
Did anyone else get psyched when they saw all the AMCAS 2009 stuff up online? I may have read all that instead of doing my work. I think get distracted a bit easily?
This means I really need to work on making my personal statement good before then. Ugh!!!
Did anyone else get psyched when they saw all the AMCAS 2009 stuff up online? I may have read all that instead of doing my work. I think get distracted a bit easily?
According to the website:
The AMCAS 2009 application will be available on or about May 6, 2008
Yikes, that's so soon!
Here's a question:
How does filling out/ verification work when MCAT scores won't be in until June 27th (taking it May 27th). Can my application still be verified and sent out to schools and my MCAT score will join it later, or do I have to wait until June 27th to send it out?
the 6th, yay!! And my mcat scores will join it about two weeks later...
Wassup everybody! Wassup Gradu8in and AMWatts! Long time since I have posted. I have started my last and final quarter and it is looking to be a promising one. I am looking forward to this process, it is going to be a blessed one. I hope all is blessed with everybody. Take care and God bless.
What's the first day for submission?
According to the website now,
The AMCAS 2009 application will be available on or around May 14, 2008.
Sweet. The day after my last final exam. That makes it perfect for me... now I just need to do my personal statement... I'm still working on my first draft...
The new MSAR is out and mine is on it's way! YAY!!
Usually the first date for submission is June 1st. I need to get to working on my PS as soon as MCAT is over.
BTW, took a practice test today (probably my last) and got a 9/10/9. D*** organic heavy BS section killed. Overall though, I was quite happy. If the real thing will come out something similar, with maybe a point or so in BS, i'll be thrilled.
Usually the first date for submission is June 1st. I need to get to working on my PS as soon as MCAT is over.
BTW, took a practice test today (probably my last) and got a 9/10/9. D*** organic heavy BS section killed. Overall though, I was quite happy. If the real thing will come out something similar, with maybe a point or so in BS, i'll be thrilled.
oh yeah...just purchased the new MSAR also!!! Time to update all my stats on schools!
I'm ready to get this party started.
Next goal: secondaries and TMDSAS essay
Another week and a half til I get to going on my PS... gotta get MCAT out the way first 🙂
hi everyone. is it best to wait until spring grades are out before mailing out transcript forms? they'll want an update anyways right?
You want the spring grades on your transcript so it gets calculated into your AMCAS GPA. If you choose to update them later, who knows what they'll do with those numbers.
hi everyone. is it best to wait until spring grades are out before mailing out transcript forms? they'll want an update anyways right?
I guess it depends on whether you are doing better or worse this semester.

Wow...I never noticed this thread! It took me a while to realize...but I'm class of 2013 too! (at least I hope 😛)
welcome jgberk!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! How's your mcat studying been...only a couple days left 😱welcome jgberk!
Thank you! How's your mcat studying been...only a couple days left 😱
Hangin in there and ready for it to be over! 🙂🙂
All my science LORs are in and ready! Waiting on my non-science prof and the docs I've been shadowing, but it's quite evident that I'll be able to apply MUCH earlier this year 🙂🙂
interesting.. you still around?
We've had one of these going for a while, but i'm not a mod over here and can't merge them. Can someone else do it, please? thanks! 🙂
Took an incredibly old AAMC today - and the last one I will take until the real deal - and somehow came out with :
12/13/12
*Dreams and prays of something similar happening on friday, but would be happy with much lower*
12/13/12
*Dreams and prays of something similar happening on friday, but would be happy with much lower*
That is amazing! Congrats!!! 😀😀😀Took an incredibly old AAMC today - and the last one I will take until the real deal - and somehow came out with :
12/13/12
*Dreams and prays of something similar happening on friday, but would be happy with much lower*
Seems like you've got a lot of practice tests. gradu8... what did you use besides the AAMC tests? I've been looking for some similar practice tests, but haven't found anything that seems very similar..
Look at the original date, grau8 😉
We've had one of these going for a while, but i'm not a mod over here and can't merge them. Can someone else do it, please? thanks! 🙂
on it.
wow, didn't realize that other thread was from 2003... crazy pre-medness will never cease to amaze me.on it.
wow, didn't realize that other thread was from 2003... crazy pre-medness will never cease to amaze me.

What the heck did I miss?
What the heck did I miss?
we had punch and pie. it was awesome.
Thanks Depakote 🙂🙂
Re: my practice tests... I used the Gold Standards (1-10), AAMC (3-10), Kaplan (1-9) TBR (1-2).... that's all I can think of right now, then the ones that came in review books (TPR, Kap)
My score average has been hovering close to 30... today's test was an incredible jump/confidence booster. Expecting/hoping for close to 30 on the real deal.
And yes, the punch and cookies you missed were AWESOME.
Re: my practice tests... I used the Gold Standards (1-10), AAMC (3-10), Kaplan (1-9) TBR (1-2).... that's all I can think of right now, then the ones that came in review books (TPR, Kap)
My score average has been hovering close to 30... today's test was an incredible jump/confidence booster. Expecting/hoping for close to 30 on the real deal.
And yes, the punch and cookies you missed were AWESOME.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question on LORs...
Were are we supposed to have the writers put our AMCAS ID???? At the top??? or is this even required?
Were are we supposed to have the writers put our AMCAS ID???? At the top??? or is this even required?
we had punch and pie. it was awesome.
Pie's great. Even virtual SDN pie.
indeed. I like key lime. and lemon ice box. (lemon meringue). and chocolate.
rocked my ochem quiz and test last week, and am very relieved. ALMOST have my "a" on lock 🙂
rocked my ochem quiz and test last week, and am very relieved. ALMOST have my "a" on lock 🙂
Question on LORs...
Were are we supposed to have the writers put our AMCAS ID???? At the top??? or is this even required?
If you want to submit your LORs through AMCAS, you need to do that. But it's just an option. If you're doing it through your school's committee, you don't need to worry about that.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592