-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by IndianVercetti
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted to medschool so figure I'd venture into the thread
😀 😀 😀
😀 😀 😀
Woot! Welcome, man!Accepted to medschool so figure I'd venture into the thread
😀 😀 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats iHop!Also...howdy '15. What's shakin'?
Robo is awesome and funny in person🙂
I am apparently officially an internet weirdo. Her parents thought I was going to abduct her or commit some credit card fraud on her or get her pregnant or something.
huh?Congrats iHop!
Also...howdy '15. What's shakin'?
Robo is awesome and funny in person🙂
I am apparently officially an internet weirdo. Her parents thought I was going to abduct her or commit some credit card fraud on her or get her pregnant or something.
So is this where all the cool people hang out?
Well, it is now.
Well, it is now.
I'm not sure which part the huh is about. If it is because I called him/her iHop instead of iop, then that is completely deserved.huh?
Apparently my mind was on pancakes when I was typing (sorry surftheiop!)
If it is for the other part....then...huh?🙂
i second this observation.Damn, Blake Griffin looks good.
i don't understand why robo's parents would be so weird about you guys meeting. thats what the huh is about.I'm not sure which part the huh is about. If it is because I called him/her iHop instead of iop, then that is completely deserved.
Apparently my mind was on pancakes when I was typing (sorry surftheiop!)
If it is for the other part....then...huh?🙂
Awww, because they are protecting their kid!i second this observation.
i don't understand why robo's parents would be so weird about you guys meeting. thats what the huh is about.
Plus, I am kind of an internet weirdo🙁
the craig's list killer was a medical student...i second this observation.
i don't understand why robo's parents would be so weird about you guys meeting. thats what the huh is about.
On another note, Blake Griffin isn't good enough to make me watch the Clippers.
Damn, Blake Griffin looks good.
You guys have weird taste in men. I mean, he has nice shoulders, but the rest is a thumbs down. He is a total Monet.i second this observation.
i don't understand why robo's parents would be so weird about you guys meeting. thats what the huh is about.
You guys have weird taste in men. I mean, he has nice shoulders, but the rest is a thumbs down. He is a total Monet.



i second this observation.
Is it just me or does Griffin play with his mouthguard a whole lot?
I agree.You guys have weird taste in men. I mean, he has nice shoulders, but the rest is a thumbs down. He is a total Monet.
What Cougs and I see: (slack-jawed kid)
What men see: (model pose, seductively biting his lip)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love you, Cougs. Looooooove!!!He is a total Monet.
@Kip: yeah, but when he's not doing that he's busy tip-dunking fools.
real funny, ladies.
real funny, ladies.
Awww, because they are protecting their kid!
Plus, I am kind of an internet weirdo🙁
Lol, even after my mom confirmed that I was safe, she made sure to remind me that you can NEVER be too careful. She was glad that I bought you food, though, to thank you for being amazingly awesome enough to drive me around. Haha...she crazy.
Anyway: just to confirm guys (as if you didn't know this already...)---> Cougs = all kinds of amazingness 😍
😍I love you, Cougs. Looooooove!!!
Awww🙂 No YOU are all kinds of amazingness🙂 I would totally let you be my doctor.Lol, even after my mom confirmed that I was safe, she made sure to remind me that you can NEVER be too careful. She was glad that I bought you food, though, to thank you for being amazingly awesome enough to drive me around. Haha...she crazy.
Anyway: just to confirm guys (as if you didn't know this already...)---> Cougs = all kinds of amazingness 😍
Also, Robo, like baller, likes to buy people food. Then she let me eat half of her food too.
If I can only eat out once a week it needs to be worth it!!!😉
After I dropped her off, I went to see Red. I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up.
😍
Awww🙂 No YOU are all kinds of amazingness🙂 I would totally let you be my doctor.
Also, Robo, like baller, likes to buy people food. Then she let me eat half of her food too.
If I can only eat out once a week it needs to be worth it!!!😉
After I dropped her off, I went to see Red. I want to be Helen Mirren when I grow up.
Awww, No I would let YOU be MY doctor 😀
I love feeding people.
Thanks for the "American cooking" tips. 😉
I will never understand what makes some men attractive to some women. (edit: that guy on the last page and whoever said he was hot) It's almost more of a crapshoot than med school admissions, once you remove obesity.
also, just saw my avatar and thought "damn that's a sweet avatar!" and then realized it was mine. thanks daisy+rhino.
also, just got back from the bar after a LONG day at school.
also, wearing my costume to school tomorrow.
also, gonna be drunk/buzzed 3/3 of the next 3 nights.
also, i'm tired and sick, literally.
also, congrats on the new acceptances and thread members!!
also, just saw my avatar and thought "damn that's a sweet avatar!" and then realized it was mine. thanks daisy+rhino.
also, just got back from the bar after a LONG day at school.
also, wearing my costume to school tomorrow.
also, gonna be drunk/buzzed 3/3 of the next 3 nights.
also, i'm tired and sick, literally.
also, congrats on the new acceptances and thread members!!
Last edited:
I will never understand what makes some men attractive to some women. It's almost more of a crapshoot than med school admissions, once you remove obesity.
also, just saw my avatar and thought "damn that's a sweet avatar!" and then realized it was mine. thanks daisy+rhino.
also, just got back from the bar after a LONG day at school.
also, wearing my costume to school tomorrow.
also, gonna be drunk/buzzed 3/3 of the next 3 nights.
also, i'm tired and sick, literally.
also, congrats on the new acceptances and thread members!!
eh female-male attraction really isn't a crapshoot, it's just hard (impossible?) to fully understand the subconscious and how each person takes in the info they receive from another person. Something you do might have no affect on one girl, but a major affect on another...even if it's the most subtle thing, and it gets to the girl three days later through her subconscious and she didn't realize it was even you.....its currrazzyy
..ok enough of my mumbo-jumbo...goodnight 🙂
btw +1 I like that avatar, Flow
"He speaks French....In Russian..."
"He speaks French....In Russian..."
eh female-male attraction really isn't a crapshoot, it's just hard (impossible?) to fully understand the subconscious and how each person takes in the info they receive from another person. Something you do might have no affect on one girl, but a major affect on another...even if it's the most subtle thing, and it gets to the girl three days later through her subconscious and she didn't realize it was even you.....its currrazzyy
..ok enough of my mumbo-jumbo...goodnight 🙂
I guess my point was just that guy they posted on the last page I find rather very ugly... can't imagine why a girl would wanna hit that.
tis a great character, almost like the old spice guy.
I will never understand what makes some men attractive to some women. It's almost more of a crapshoot than med school admissions, once you remove obesity.
also, just saw my avatar and thought "damn that's a sweet avatar!" and then realized it was mine. thanks daisy+rhino.
also, just got back from the bar after a LONG day at school.
also, wearing my costume to school tomorrow.
also, gonna be drunk/buzzed 3/3 of the next 3 nights.
also, i'm tired and sick, literally.
also, congrats on the new acceptances and thread members!!
you're awesomealso, baller, where have you been all my life? when's our cupcake date?
plus, someone's facebook status was "I love chocolate milk" and HIMYM has so influenced my life I instantly thought of the alternative definition
You guys have weird taste in men. I mean, he has nice shoulders, but the rest is a thumbs down. He is a total Monet.

You mean he looks good from far away but up close he's just a big ol' mess?
<3 Clueless
I will never understand what makes some men attractive to some women. (edit: that guy on the last page and whoever said he was hot) It's almost more of a crapshoot than med school admissions, once you remove obesity.
You know how if you're talking to a girl and she's OK looking but she's laughing and having fun - she automatically becomes hotter?
Same thing with guys - if they're confident and know what they're doing, they become more attractive to women. It all it takes.
Of course, looks matter. I don't get the guy on the previous page either.
So yea, I wish I looked like Paul Newman:
He's got that strong chin and face. Good shoulders. He has a nice body without looking like a cartoon hulk. Very classically good looking.
If I was a girl, I'd totally do him.
I guess my point was just that guy they posted on the last page I find rather very ugly... can't imagine why a girl would wanna hit that.
tis a great character, almost like the old spice guy.
I agree with what you are saying. I'm a girl and I don't think he's attractive at all.
+1i agree with what you are saying. I'm a girl and i don't think he's attractive at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So yea, I wish I looked like Paul Newman:
He's got that strong chin and face. Good shoulders. He has a nice body without looking like a cartoon hulk. Very classically good looking.
If I was a girl, I'd totally do him.
I wish I looked like Hansel
Man I wish I was from the left coast. You people sound like all kinds of fun!
It's boooring here in the midwest. And no one to meet up with!
So, I'm finishing up my prereqs right now doing a self-declared post-bacc while still working full-time. This involves 9 hours a week in labs (bio, ochem, phys), because as a BS in psych I only needed one full year of labs - not a full year of 4 diff labs - so I was like 'heck yes, bare minimum.' Obviously now I'm like 'heck no, this sucks.' Anyway, "freshman biology lab" [I kid you not, that's the name] was last night. After three weeks looking in a microscope, our TA decided we were ready for bigger and better things [drumroll, please]: determining the organic content of a dried specimen... celery, to be exact... by burning it in a crucible for an HOUR. Now, my jacket (that I need to wear because it's cold here), smells like it was stuck in a closet with burning hair for a week. Deeeelightful. Anyway, just had to share the joy.
In other news, I came into work an hour late today because I just felt like it. I'm not quitting like some of you all, because I need the money, but I can still stick it to the man in my own way!
It's boooring here in the midwest. And no one to meet up with! So, I'm finishing up my prereqs right now doing a self-declared post-bacc while still working full-time. This involves 9 hours a week in labs (bio, ochem, phys), because as a BS in psych I only needed one full year of labs - not a full year of 4 diff labs - so I was like 'heck yes, bare minimum.' Obviously now I'm like 'heck no, this sucks.' Anyway, "freshman biology lab" [I kid you not, that's the name] was last night. After three weeks looking in a microscope, our TA decided we were ready for bigger and better things [drumroll, please]: determining the organic content of a dried specimen... celery, to be exact... by burning it in a crucible for an HOUR. Now, my jacket (that I need to wear because it's cold here), smells like it was stuck in a closet with burning hair for a week. Deeeelightful. Anyway, just had to share the joy.
In other news, I came into work an hour late today because I just felt like it. I'm not quitting like some of you all, because I need the money, but I can still stick it to the man in my own way!

man i wish i was from the left coast. You people sound like all kinds of fun!
It's boooring here in the midwest. And no one to meet up with!
+1
So yea, I wish I looked like Paul Newman:
![]()
He's got that strong chin and face. Good shoulders. He has a nice body without looking like a cartoon hulk. Very classically good looking.
If I was a girl, I'd totally do him.
Isn't Paul Newman dead? Sicko 😛
Man I wish I was from the left coast. You people sound like all kinds of fun!
It's boooring here in the midwest. And no one to meet up with!
So, I'm finishing up my prereqs right now doing a self-declared post-bacc while still working full-time. This involves 9 hours a week in labs (bio, ochem, phys), because as a BS in psych I only needed one full year of labs - not a full year of 4 diff labs - so I was like 'heck yes, bare minimum.' Obviously now I'm like 'heck no, this sucks.' Anyway, "freshman biology lab" [I kid you not, that's the name] was last night. After three weeks looking in a microscope, our TA decided we were ready for bigger and better things [drumroll, please]: determining the organic content of a dried specimen... celery, to be exact... by burning it in a crucible for an HOUR. Now, my jacket (that I need to wear because it's cold here), smells like it was stuck in a closet with burning hair for a week. Deeeelightful. Anyway, just had to share the joy.
In other news, I came into work an hour late today because I just felt like it. I'm not quitting like some of you all, because I need the money, but I can still stick it to the man in my own way!![]()
LOL OMG I have been doing the same thing! I can't quit my job because unfortunately I wouldn't be able to live for the next 9 months... but I can come in late and whatever and its like, "... wtf if they fire me I will just get a temp job for 9 months then be outta here." Or like I work with this one obnoxious MD who just is rude and demeaning to all the employees. Normally when he yelled at me prior to last Friday, it stressed me out.. now I'm just like, "whatever. feck you" in my head. lol Plus I decided to take two post-bacc classes (Medical Microbiology and a sociology class) because some schools were concerned that I hadn't been in school in 4 years (graduated 2007) so I took these classes and was busting my butt to get As... lol now I'm like, "eh a B is fine" lol I love being accepted it has made all the stresses in my life ago away!

LOL OMG I have been doing the same thing! I can't quit my job because unfortunately I wouldn't be able to live for the next 9 months... but I can come in late and whatever and its like, "... wtf if they fire me I will just get a temp job for 9 months then be outta here." Or like I work with this one obnoxious MD who just is rude and demeaning to all the employees. Normally when he yelled at me prior to last Friday, it stressed me out.. now I'm just like, "whatever. feck you" in my head. lol Plus I decided to take two post-bacc classes (Medical Microbiology and a sociology class) because some schools were concerned that I hadn't been in school in 4 years (graduated 2007) so I took these classes and was busting my butt to get As... lol now I'm like, "eh a B is fine" lol I love being accepted it has made all the stresses in my life ago away!![]()
ha YES! I work in a research division of a hospital and all the faculty members from my department 'work from home' on a fairly regular basis. So, it's never noticed if I'm not here by 8 am [even if they do come in, their days don't typically start til AT LEAST 10]. Basically, if I come in and do the work I have to do (which, don't get me wrong, really is A LOT) and get enough hours so my paycheck isn't a total piece of crap, I'm doing fine. aaaand as far as my labs are concerned... eh, a B (or a C in ochem if it really goes downhill) is fine by me. I'm actually going to call the school where I'm accepted and plan on attending and ask if I can just take one quarter - because I'm really over it. 😴
I will be in the midwest in a few weeks! We can meet!!!
It is statements like that, isn't it? That make me a weirdo?
It is statements like that, isn't it? That make me a weirdo?
I will be in the midwest in a few weeks! We can meet!!!
It is statements like that, isn't it? That make me a weirdo?
Yeah, but that's why we love you. 😀😉
I will be in the midwest in a few weeks! We can meet!!!
It is statements like that, isn't it? That make me a weirdo?
hahah, you're fantastic. Where are you going to be??
Iowa. That is midwest, right?🙂
Iowa. That is midwest, right?🙂
ha yes it is. unfortunately, not close enough to meeee!! 👎
oh well, maybe another time! if not, I'll just be your online friend and we can be strange together?

yep!!
Iowa. That is midwest, right?🙂
ha yes it is. unfortunately, not close enough to meeee!! 👎
oh well, maybe another time! if not, I'll just be your online friend and we can be strange together?![]()
Not west enough for me either. 🙁
EDIT: yes, I am going back to Montana for my sisters wedding in June.
Man I wish I was from the left coast. You people sound like all kinds of fun!
It's boooring here in the midwest. And no one to meet up with!
app-buddy, get in your car and drive up to the Cleve and visit me. According to 30 Rock, the Cleve is a vacation destination on par with Paris (and yes, I did just netflix the first season of 30 Rock)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
app-buddy, get in your car and drive up to the Cleve and visit me. According to 30 Rock, the Cleve is a vacation destination on par with Paris (and yes, I did just netflix the first season of 30 Rock)
I did too! I love that show.
*sadly* "Oh Liz, we're all models west of the Allegheny"
I loved the episode about the cleve
I loved the episode about the cleve
Last edited:
yep!!
Where to?
I'm debating between backpacking Europe or backpacking South America.
Suggestions?
app-buddy, get in your car and drive up to the Cleve and visit me. According to 30 Rock, the Cleve is a vacation destination on par with Paris (and yes, I did just netflix the first season of 30 Rock)
HA! the Cleve. I love that.
Is that where you live? How did I not know this? We could TOTALLY meet and be awesome like all these other people who have met one another! It's only like 3 hours or something! (that's where the bf is from, I should know..)
😱
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 592