You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2016 hopefuls: how are you doing?
Started by squirrelsrule
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My last eLOR said that she is starting NOW. Ahhhhhh! So stressful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My last eLOR said that she is starting NOW. Ahhhhhh! So stressful!
At least you know shes still doing it.
Currently my PS is at 5,333 characters.... 😡. Anyone want to help me reduce this bad boy down by 333 characters?
I can try to help!
I have two PS drafts and both are like 200 characters over. The good news is I think I'm getting close....
I have two PS drafts and both are like 200 characters over. The good news is I think I'm getting close....
I will trade you, I can help try to reduce yours and you can help me with mine.
i would totally help you guys if i could//could stay up longer//keep my eyes open...just worked two 13 hour shifts in ICU this weekend and i gotta go to bed right after hitting the submit button! i feel so bad 🙁
good luck to everyone still working on VMCAS! Go class of 2016!

😍😍😍
👍
good luck to everyone still working on VMCAS! Go class of 2016!


😍😍😍
👍WoooHOOOO down to 4,901 characters. Last year I submitted at 4,998 characters so I have plenty of room left this year if needed. Just need to look through and make sure I am not missing commas or adding in any unnecessary punctuation. Almost time to hit that big scary yellow submit button for the third time. Third time will be the charm!! Thank you Fireflysushi for helping me to trim down the PS; it really worked out well! 😀
Oh my @#$%&* god! I just hit submit on the Ohio supplemental and NOW it tells me that my handling procedures need to be 200 characters or less. NOW they tell me this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 😡
I just had the same outburst! Grrrrrrr!!!!! But at least it's done now

I hit submit.
Bring on the fear/uncertainty/ Why the heck does it have to say "Meeting VMCAS Requirements" can't it say "Requirements Met" instead?!😕
OK, maybe overthinking that. Also submitted Western U tonight to get it out of the way. I hope the 200-word blurbs don't count for too much, it lost two of them and when I re-wrote they were probably not the best quality...
QUESTION for all the Mizzou applicants, I added it to my VMCAS designations tonight and have started the supplemental. I am right that the only thing for them due today/tomorrow is the VMCAS, yah? Transcripts, GRE Supp are not till Nov 1st?😕
Bring on the fear/uncertainty/ Why the heck does it have to say "Meeting VMCAS Requirements" can't it say "Requirements Met" instead?!😕OK, maybe overthinking that. Also submitted Western U tonight to get it out of the way. I hope the 200-word blurbs don't count for too much, it lost two of them and when I re-wrote they were probably not the best quality...
QUESTION for all the Mizzou applicants, I added it to my VMCAS designations tonight and have started the supplemental. I am right that the only thing for them due today/tomorrow is the VMCAS, yah? Transcripts, GRE Supp are not till Nov 1st?😕
Mine = 4,999my PS = 4996 characters...cutting it quite close eh? 🙄

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOLOLI hit submit.Bring on the fear/uncertainty/ Why the heck does it have to say "Meeting VMCAS Requirements" can't it say "Requirements Met" instead?!😕
i was thinking the SAME THINGas far as i'm aware, that is the procedure if you applied through VMCAS...QUESTION for all the Mizzou applicants, I added it to my VMCAS designations tonight ad have started the supplemental. I am right that the only thing for them due today/tomorrow is the VMCAS, yah? Transcripts, GRE Supp are not till Nov 1st?😕
Oh my @#$%&* god! I just hit submit on the Ohio supplemental and NOW it tells me that my handling procedures need to be 200 characters or less. NOW they tell me this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 😡
That stinks majorly. I submitted mine yesterday and no issues 🙂. Of course, I didn't do long descriptions at all.
I just got off work (crazy night shifts at the emergency clinic 👎) and have to feed the creatures, so I'll be up for another hour or so. If anyone needs a final look over for their PS or help cutting it back you can PM me. I'll check my PM before heading to bed. I got some awesome advice from my reviewers on what makes up a good PS, so I think I can give some helpful advice if needed. I can also try to help cut down on characters.
Took me over an hour and a half to SEVERELY truncate my handling skills. I had to knock out up to 600+ characters from some species. Then, I tried to resubmit and discovered that it was counting spaces!! 😱 I nearly typed a tirade prior to the supplemental essay telling them that they should be ashamed of not letting us know that we would only have 200 characters with which to deal. I spent WEEKS ensuring I had every little thing; and now 1/2 of it isn't even there.

I've been up for over 20 hours, and have to get up in less than 4 on my first day off in 10 for a 15 minute doctor's appointment because the GD office couldn't pick up the phone for 2 weeks and kept the door locked during the day. This is going to suck ass so much I can't even express it. 😡
Thanks for listening and best of luck to the 11th hour folks!!!




I've been up for over 20 hours, and have to get up in less than 4 on my first day off in 10 for a 15 minute doctor's appointment because the GD office couldn't pick up the phone for 2 weeks and kept the door locked during the day. This is going to suck ass so much I can't even express it. 😡
Thanks for listening and best of luck to the 11th hour folks!!!




Let the infinitely-long freak out begin. One of my LoR is not in yet. Agh!!
Spartan, I'm still waiting on one of my eLORs also! FREAKING. If that becomes the reason I have to wait another year to apply, I don't know what I'm going to do! *panicking!!!* 😱
Likewise. All this time, and effort and to be disqualified not by our own doing! What is worse is that my evaluator told me she'd complete it by last night!
Likewise. All this time, and effort and to be disqualified not by our own doing! What is worse is that my evaluator told me she'd complete it by last night!
ALSO FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!! why!???!? I reminded this person politely THREE times in the last month... if I did not live halfway across the country I would be knocking on their door right now. I don't even know what to do at this point.....😕
ALSO FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!! why!???!? I reminded this person politely THREE times in the last month... if I did not live halfway across the country I would be knocking on their door right now. I don't even know what to do at this point.....😕
Yeah, I literally knocked on my evaluator's office door three times last week. and called her on her cell phone. She started everything 2:30 am and finished by 12 pm today. 😡
Minor panic attack when I realized that NC State's supp fee is $60, not the $40 I had budgeted. I have so little money in my American bank account at this point! Luckily it was still enough.
Back to compulsive editing. The fact that this supplemental is never actually "submitted" makes it dangerously easy to tweak forever.
Back to compulsive editing. The fact that this supplemental is never actually "submitted" makes it dangerously easy to tweak forever.
Likewise. All this time, and effort and to be disqualified not by our own doing! What is worse is that my evaluator told me she'd complete it by last night!
He's been so enthusiastic about doing it for me, I totally trust this guy.....and now it's 8 hrs 'til deadline and he STILL hasn't begun. I don't know what to do at this point, we've been in constant contact all week, it's not like he could have forgotten.
ALSO FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!! why!???!? I reminded this person politely THREE times in the last month... if I did not live halfway across the country I would be knocking on their door right now. I don't even know what to do at this point.....😕
That's how I'm feeling... I am going to have to drive out to his hospital at 9am with my laptop and scream "DO IT NOWWW!" Deranged, sleep-deprevied, w/all my hopes and dreams hanging on this one little thing...I'll be so terrifying, he'll have to do it, ha!
Submitted!!!!!!! I can't believe it's in. It actually does feel good. Now I can sleep. Just need to finish up the Washington Supp and start working on Mizzou.
Goodluck, Folks!




Goodluck, Folks!





Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He's been so enthusiastic about doing it for me, I totally trust this guy.....and now it's 8 hrs 'til deadline and he STILL hasn't begun. I don't know what to do at this point, we've been in constant contact all week, it's not like he could have forgotten.
Exactly! This woman is organized, punctual, and thorough. I am not sure what is going on. What's worse is that this last LoR is from my graduate advisor who I see 4-5 days a week!
That's how I'm feeling... I am going to have to drive out to his hospital at 9am with my laptop and scream "DO IT NOWWW!" Deranged, sleep-deprevied, w/all my hopes and dreams hanging on this one little thing...I'll be so terrifying, he'll have to do it, ha!
DOoooooo Ittttttttt. I'll support you in being aggressive for your future. I'm counting down the hours until I can call my east coast evaluator... I'm pretty sure that my 5am wake up call (7am eastern) is necessary.👍
Exactly! This woman is organized, punctual, and thorough. I am not sure what is going on. What's worse is that this last LoR is from my graduate advisor who I see 4-5 days a week!
ME TOO! This person was supposed to be the person that I could count on to do everything possible to help me reach my goals.........
VMCAS has been submitted!! Now the waiting begins. I am not going to start worrying about anything until Decmeber. Best of luck to the c/o 2016!!!! 









Dear Ohio,
I am trying to submit your application. However, you want me to list Every Handling Procedure I have performed on Every Animal Ever. In less than 200 characters?!

I know. We're all annoyed. I am just feeling extra cranky because I've been up since Very Early finishing this darned essay and now it's all "OH JK YOU ONLY HAVE LIKE A SENTENCE!" and I want to throw my laptop across the room.
On the bright side, after this I just have to finish Tufts and then I get to the fun part - waiting!
I am trying to submit your application. However, you want me to list Every Handling Procedure I have performed on Every Animal Ever. In less than 200 characters?!

I know. We're all annoyed. I am just feeling extra cranky because I've been up since Very Early finishing this darned essay and now it's all "OH JK YOU ONLY HAVE LIKE A SENTENCE!" and I want to throw my laptop across the room.
On the bright side, after this I just have to finish Tufts and then I get to the fun part - waiting!
my PS = 4996 characters...cutting it quite close eh? 🙄
My PS was EXACTLY 5000 characters!!!!!!!!!! very very weird...
Less than 3 hours before vmcas closes...
Best of luck to those who are finishing things up!!
You can do it!!!!
😱 I am still waiting on an eLOR!!!
I just pressed submit aaahhhhhhhhh. 
However, I have a supplemental application to hover over that I can't ever actually "submit," so I have something to obsess over for a while...
wooh adrenaline rush.

However, I have a supplemental application to hover over that I can't ever actually "submit," so I have something to obsess over for a while...
wooh adrenaline rush.
Dear Ohio,
I am trying to submit your application. However, you want me to list Every Handling Procedure I have performed on Every Animal Ever. In less than 200 characters?!
I know. We're all annoyed. I am just feeling extra cranky because I've been up since Very Early finishing this darned essay and now it's all "OH JK YOU ONLY HAVE LIKE A SENTENCE!" and I want to throw my laptop across the room.
On the bright side, after this I just have to finish Tufts and then I get to the fun part - waiting!
I still can't believe they didn't put a warning on there of the character limit. I don't think it is supposed to be sentences though, just a list of handling procedures. An example of mine was canine: restrained for doctor's exam, nail trim, X-Rays, Surgery prep (clipping and cleaning wounds), anesthesia induction, and injections.
Just realized I put cage cleaning down for a bunch of animals, not sure what I was thinking, that's not handling 😱, oh well.
my evaluator just texted me to say that she's having difficulty uploading her letter. aghhh
Hopefully they are a little lenient on the eLOR letters since we don't have much control over those. I think they will be. I'd be a wreck though if my eLORs weren't in, I was freaking out last week when I still had one out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear Ohio,
I am trying to submit your application. However, you want me to list Every Handling Procedure I have performed on Every Animal Ever. In less than 200 characters?!
I know. We're all annoyed. I am just feeling extra cranky because I've been up since Very Early finishing this darned essay and now it's all "OH JK YOU ONLY HAVE LIKE A SENTENCE!" and I want to throw my laptop across the room.
On the bright side, after this I just have to finish Tufts and then I get to the fun part - waiting!
Once our strength returns, we should join forces and storm the admin office.
Jersey girl power - HO! I'm still in complete shock that they limited it so severely. Especially when last year it was an open ended unlimited essay. Having to knock off really cool things in my primate, swine, feline, canine, rabbit, rat and mouse handling sill has my blood pressure slightly elevated (although I clocked in at a cool 120/80 at the doctor's this morning). However, I did give them a little something to chew on...Llamas: Groomed, avoided being spat upon. 😛
And now that the dust has settled, and I'm too damned tired to jog, I'm going to punish myself and spend the day inside doing laundry and finishing Tufts. Might was well get it out of the way while I'm in 'mode'. Then, I can start the waiting game. But I'm with DVMDream - enjoy life until December (or after WI sends the supplemental).
Best of luck, ALL!!

Wow, last evaluator submitted with 30 minutes left. Everything is in, submitted. Done. Thank god. Now for Mizzou.
I might win - my last evaluator submitted at 12:50 EST!! 😱 I could kill him.
I might win - my last evaluator submitted at 12:50 EST!! 😱 I could kill him.
Oh my! I think I would of had a heart attack!!