Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Weekend's finally here! Finally some time to catch up on work lol
👍 Not a traditional Steelers fan, but considering the Packers beat the Bears...I'm with ya on this one!
Definitely feel the same way
YAY!Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Weekend's finally here! Finally some time to catch up on work lol
👍 Not a traditional Steelers fan, but considering the Packers beat the Bears...I'm with ya on this one!
Definitely feel the same way
YAY!I don't know who to go for in the Superbowl. I'm a Bears fan so it's in my blood to loathe the packers. But the Steelers have too many rings already and I usually go for the underdogs.
Maybe I'll watch some nice Khan Academy videos instead....
Definitely stick with this feeling. PS is that Outsourced as your avatar?? If so, 👍
Good thing is that I'm not a big football fan so tomorrow I can do some homework and mcat studying 🙂
and YES! I love Madhuri. I can't believe a lamp shade was her halloween costume ahahahah. I've fallen a bit behind though 🙁 I stopped in the middle of the episode when Gupta was on stage
PS Gupta is from my hometown and he went to my rival high school
And my favorite costume was Manmeet's chick magnet! It's just too good. I've been in research since 4 ugh. And I screwed up one of our solution gah I don't know where my mind is. I also have family over and won't be home until 11. Oh well. Pulled out the mcat physics book and got done with kinematics. Not too bad 🙂 I have a timer to remind me to treat my cells haha
Man, yet again, a lot to catch up!
My ochem exam wasn't bad, just ridiculously long. One of my PIs is actually my professor and I expressed this to her and she said she knows and will account for it.
I've been in research since 4 ugh. And I screwed up one of our solution gah I don't know where my mind is. I also have family over and won't be home until 11. Oh well. Pulled out the mcat physics book and got done with kinematics. Not too bad 🙂 I have a timer to remind me to treat my cells haha
Good thing is that I'm not a big football fan so tomorrow I can do some homework and mcat studying 🙂
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Boo! hahaha! best of luck on your MCAT and congrats for getting married.

A bit early.....
A bit early.....
that's what she said
U guys getting ur LORs already? Wow, now I feel like I have to catch up!
wow u guys make me feel bad. i'm taking 36 credits this yr, so i'm putting mcat off till sept. my apps gonna be completed just in time for the oct-deadline schools 🙁
Most people on here will tell you that's a bad idea and you might want to wait until next year to apply (depending on your GPA I suppose).
To put things in perspective, your application will be completed when a number of us have already been given acceptances, you will be given an interview when possibly half to 3/4 of the med school classes at those schools have been filled.
Actually, don't schools say that August is the latest MCAT they'll take anyway?

i'm not sure about all schools i have in mind right now but the ones i really like (UIC, loyola) actually have november and december deadlines. so the september mcat will suffice.
and you have a point on waiting, but for financial reasons i really have to get in this first try anyways. so really hope i beat the odds and make it anywhere really.
edit: september mcat will actually work for most of the schools on my list.
Most people on here will tell you that's a bad idea and you might want to wait until next year to apply (depending on your GPA I suppose).
To put things in perspective, your application will be completed when a number of us have already been given acceptances, you will be given an interview when possibly half to 3/4 of the med school classes at those schools have been filled.
Actually, don't schools say that August is the latest MCAT they'll take anyway?
I have a question for Cougar and any other people who lurk this thread and have already been accepted.
What is your take on pre-interveiw LOI? Like sending a LOI immediately after you submit your AMCAS? I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to know peoples opinions. I know it would have less weight at Ivy league schools but maybe have some influence for state schools?
i dont think this is a good idea. Show your interest in the school in your secondary application, its basically a pre-interview LOI/get to know you more form. some schools will have optional parts of their secondary specifically for you to tell them why you want to go there. So i would hold off any LOI until after you interview because then you can really say you want to go there and back it up much more since you would have interviewed.
best of luck.
what about schools that screen secondaries? this is especially true for my state school, which happens to be my top choice
maybe in this case it wont hurt to let them know.
anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Hey heads up. You think have to reapply for FAP evey year.

Update: I have my interview with my pre-med advisor in a week or so. There's so much paperwork! Luckily, a lot of the information is stuff I need for the primary, so that's good, I guess?
.
going to LA tomorrow for a neurosurgery conference super excited!
Youneverknow22: does your state school have an early decision program? Because if they do, I think it would sound very insincere to send an LOI and not apply early decision.
WUbear, I don't know why you think 3/4 of acceptances are made by October, but please stop saying things that aren't true.
I realize it is common SDN knowledge that if you don't have >3.8 GPA, a 35+ on your mcat and apply by June 2nd, you should either go DO or Caribbean but I'm starting to wonder where some of these people on here get there statistics.
what in the world are you talking about?
my apps gonna be completed just in time for the oct-deadline schools 🙁
your application will be completed when a number of us have already been given acceptances, you will be given an interview when possibly half to 3/4 of the med school classes at those schools have been filled.
You are eitherI don't know why you think 3/4 of acceptances are made by October, but please stop saying things that aren't true.
Youneverknow22: does your state school have an early decision program? Because if they do, I think it would sound very insincere to send an LOI and not apply early decision.
WUbear, I don't know why you think 3/4 of acceptances are made by October, but please stop saying things that aren't true.
I realize it is common SDN knowledge that if you don't have >3.8 GPA, a 35+ on your mcat and apply by June 2nd, you should either go DO or Caribbean but I'm starting to wonder where some of these people on here get there statistics.
How was it?
How did this thread suddenly get so weird?🙂
How is it going '16!? Just checkin' in....hope the MCATting is going well🙂
WUbear: I read in the other thread that you already had your secondary essays done for 30 schools?!?! That's freaking stellar.
Haha, well done about half of them, thanks for the compliment 🙂
I had some free time in December, and I consider myself a bottom-of-the-pile applicant, so I made the effort to do a few of them since I'm going to be applying to about 33 schools it seems 😱
What everyone says about secondary writing proved to be true to me: one you write a few, the essay topics overlap and you can modify some of your answers for those of other schools, accelerating the process
How did this thread suddenly get so weird?🙂
How is it going '16!? Just checkin' in....hope the MCATting is going well🙂

Haha, well done about half of them, thanks for the compliment 🙂
I had some free time in December, and I consider myself a bottom-of-the-pile applicant, so I made the effort to do a few of them since I'm going to be applying to about 33 schools it seems 😱
What everyone says about secondary writing proved to be true to me: one you write a few, the essay topics overlap and you can modify some of your answers for those of other schools, accelerating the process
Yeah I'd say about halfway through....every essay became recycled material and was done within 20 mins🙂 And because I put so much effort into the initial material, it was all still quality stuff.Good to know. I was planning on doing this anyways.![]()
Yeah I'd say about halfway through....every essay became recycled material and was done within 20 mins🙂 And because I put so much effort into the initial material, it was all still quality stuff.
Of the 5 schools that I added "late", I got interviews at 4 of them.

Bah. Those are the same people who:Exactly my thinking. I think I got freaked out because some people were claiming that they applied to like 25 schools and wrote every single essay from scratch. Thought it was the norm.![]()
Bah. Those are the same people who:
1 - Never EVER studied in any prereq they ever took, including advanced NASA astrophysics, and got an A++....a grade only reserved for one student every ten years.
2 - studied for the MCAT for 2 weeks and got a 49X
3 - Think other people are trying to steal their spot in med school because of ____ (fill in the blank)
4 - have cured cancer
5 - have shadowed a doc in every specialty ever and sometimes they let them do surgery
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.