Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I'd say about halfway through....every essay became recycled material and was done within 20 mins:) And because I put so much effort into the initial material, it was all still quality stuff.
This is good news. I'm dreading secondaries, and I have no doubt they'll be the worst part of the process :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

You are either
1) Stating that there will be zero turnaround time between someone finishing their primary interview in October and being interviewed, or
2) In need of reading comprehension practice before for your verbal reasoning section :rolleyes:

Most applicants fill out what's called a secondary application after their primary application is complete. Then, they have to wait :)eek:) until the admissions office gives them dates to interview. It's perfectly reasonable to state that an entering class may be half to 3/4 full by the time an applicant who was complete for primary app in october does the secondary, gets the interview invite, and completes the interview

Thanks for the lesson on how applications work, but you still have no basis for your information other than the fact that it sounds reasonable to you. Also, how full a class is would not necessarily determine how selective a school would be. It's not like they just accept whoever the hell applies at the beginning of the cycle because they have open seats, then suddenly start being picky around the end. You might be in need of some logic practice before your verbal reasoning section ;).

Youneverknow22, I don't know why you would think EDP is a bad thing, some schools take in a lot of EDP applicants. You were asking about sending a LOI to a school pre-interview, my point was that it would seem strange for an applicant to send a letter talking about how they want to go to a particular school over all the others when the applicant didn't apply early decision.

Thanks for the lesson on how applications work, but you still have no basis for your information other than the fact that it sounds reasonable to you. Also, how full a class is would not necessarily determine how selective a school would be. It's not like they just accept whoever the hell applies at the beginning of the cycle because they have open seats, then suddenly start being picky around the end. You might be in need of some logic practice before your verbal reasoning section ;).

Youneverknow22, I don't know why you would think EDP is a bad thing, some schools take in a lot of EDP applicants. You were asking about sending a LOI to a school pre-interview, my point was that it would seem strange for an applicant to send a letter talking about how they want to go to a particular school over all the others when the applicant didn't apply early decision.

though it is my top school, if i don't get in I am ****ed (because my app is held until october), and my top school screens secondaries so I think this would show early interest. and they only accept <5 people a year, and I don't think my app is good enough to get in EDP

Members don't see this ad :)

EDP rarely seems like a good idea. Your app should be above average to even attempt it, and even then....be willing to apply again next year.

EDP rarely seems like a good idea. Your app should be above average to even attempt it, and even then....be willing to apply again next year.

would you recommend pre-interview LOI with my stated situation? for a state school that screens secondaries? (secondary=automatic interview invite) it is my top school so I really want to do everything possible

Care to name some of these schools that take in a lot of EDP applicants? EDP is an extremely difficult means of getting into med school and most schools, according to MSAR, take 1-4 MAX from EDP.

WUbear's information is perfectly reasonable because it's true. There are some schools that are notorious for filling up the majority of their class before December/January, such as University of Michigan and New York University. UMich even has a counter on its website stating how many interviews/acceptances they have given out and how many are left. Mind you, not all schools fill up early, but some do.

would you recommend pre-interview LOI with my stated situation? for a state school that screens secondaries? (secondary=automatic interview invite) it is my top school so I really want to do everything possible
I'd love some more information about why it is your number one school before I decide....but I'm also not convinced my advice is worth much:)

Man, I am starting to get anxious about the MCAT. It is the last part of my application not done yet and its making me nervous lol. Kind of sucks that I have everything else together and this test is SOOOO huge. :\ Anyone else feel this way?

I feel the same way. My confidence in getting in will increase SOOO much if I get at least a 30.

My MCAT is 5 weeks from today. I'm freaking out. Haven't even finished content review yet. AKjkljlakdjfkljald. Did horribly on a practice test today just because I'm stupid and mixed up concepts/didn't read closely. :(

still 237 days left until october 15th :(

I like how you counted that out! :laugh: But think about it this way, 237 days left to caring about school all that much if there is a nice acceptance call that day! That's not bad at all considering the 15 years in school we have already put in...

Care to name some of these schools that take in a lot of EDP applicants? EDP is an extremely difficult means of getting into med school and most schools, according to MSAR, take 1-4 MAX from EDP.

WUbear's information is perfectly reasonable because it's true. There are some schools that are notorious for filling up the majority of their class before December/January, such as University of Michigan and New York University. UMich even has a counter on its website stating how many interviews/acceptances they have given out and how many are left. Mind you, not all schools fill up early, but some do.

Oh mah gawd I hope the majority of schools I'm applying to don't have this because I would be hitting f5 like I'm arguing about how I'm right on an internet forum. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh mah gawd I hope the majority of schools I'm applying to don't have this because I would be hitting f5 like I'm arguing about how I'm right on an internet forum. :laugh:

Don't worry, UMich is rather unique in this aspect. :D

My MCAT is 5 weeks from today. I'm freaking out. Haven't even finished content review yet. AKjkljlakdjfkljald. Did horribly on a practice test today just because I'm stupid and mixed up concepts/didn't read closely. :(

do not worry. power through these 5 weeks you have left and aim high. you can do it!:thumbup:

just signed up for the June 16th exam today.I am excited:D yet afraid:scared: 115 days and counting......

This is good news. I'm dreading secondaries, and I have no doubt they'll be the worst part of the process :scared:

I still think the MCAT is the worst part of this process. I've done enough scholarship/intern/job essays to write a novel so I'm not worried about those. However, if you were to ask me to calculate the force it takes to move a 50kg block up an incline of 35degress, I'd go :boom:

I still think the MCAT is the worst part of this process. I've done enough scholarship/intern/job essays to write a novel so I'm not worried about those. However, if you were to ask me to calculate the force it takes to move a 50kg block up an incline of 35degress, I'd go :boom:
That's probably true! The MCAT feels very long ago for me, so the pain has dulled and I hardly remember how much it sucked. Good luck! :D

So what is everyone doing for spring break? Personally, I am going on a cruise. It was super cheap since 25 friends booked together and I definitely need the break from school work!

Vegas, it has to be Vegas. I haven't gone in 2 years and I'm still suffering from withdrawals.

Vegas, it has to be Vegas. I haven't gone in 2 years and I'm still suffering from withdrawals.

Damn, wish I could say the same. I'll spend my break studying for the MCAT. :thumbdown: Guess that just means Spring Break '12 will be epic!

Damn, wish I could say the same. I'll spend my break studying for the MCAT. :thumbdown: Guess that just means Spring Break '12 will be epic!
Haha I was going to do that but decided the 5 days off is just enough to recharge my batteries for the rest of the semester. You should at least take a few days off! :thumbup:

I'm taking the mcat in June and I'm going to be writing my personal essay during spring break :(

I've been doing this MCAT thing since October ( one of those extended Princeton Review classes) for my test in May (pushed it back from April). I'm going to need just one weekend of crazy,drunken, debauchery to keep me from going insane. Its taken all my willpower to have kept it up this long (which is hard considering Vegas is only a 4 hour drive away)

My Spring Break '12 will be even more epic too (hopefully I'll have an acceptance to make it that much more epic :xf:)

MCAT IN APPROXIMATELY 4.5 WEEKS!! (March 26):scared:

I'm freaking out. Not to mention that midterms week(s) has/have begun here.....three papers, a presentation, test and quiz all before spring break. Where does MCAT fall in this? I do not know.
:boom:

5th page!! :lame:

Anyways, how is everyone coming along so far?

-Classes are taking up too much of my time :thumbdown:

-My interview with my pre-med advisors went really well (I was stressed about this for a while) :D

-Have some ideas for PS floating around, lol :oops: (will start outline this week)

-Studying Orgo for MCAT :sleep:

-Started gathering my transcripts from the 4 corners of the Earth so I can have them for my records and when AMCAS time comes :cool:

P.S. Reading school-specific threads = added anxiety (and a little bit of excitement?)

5th page!! :lame:

Anyways, how is everyone coming along so far?

-Classes are taking up too much of my time :thumbdown:

-My interview with my pre-med advisors went really well (I was stressed about this for a while) :D

-Have some ideas for PS floating around, lol :oops: (will start outline this week)

-Studying Orgo for MCAT :sleep:

-Started gathering my transcripts from the 4 corners of the Earth so I can have them for my records and when AMCAS time comes :cool:

P.S. Reading school-specific threads = added anxiety (and a little bit of excitement?)
This. I am actually really anxious to see who got in since I have been following the threads all year lol. It's kind of sad that I am nervous for them! :laugh:

Definitely ready for June to get here to get this ball rolling!

biochem test thursday, why am I on here instead of studying?

:yawn:

Studying is so hard after a working all day. :(

^ i hear you bra. try studying after working and caring for an infant child too. oy gavalt!

Well, I don't have an infant child to take care of, but I do have an injured husband. Does that count? :smuggrin:

Hey guys! I wanted to major bump this threat from the dead for a while now, but ya'll beat me to it!

UGH! this personal statement writing thing is tough! I have the material and all, but the writing portion is tough. I know I need to scrap my current essay, but it's too damn hard -_- ahhh here's to starting it all over again. It is a rough draft and I'm tempted to give that to my LOR writers and start fresh for the one for my app :/ Also, MCAT! ugh. verbal seems steady right now, still doing science content review. Back to studying for ochem /:(

4 midterms in one week = :scared:

Plus a rejection email from Johns Hopkins for their summer internship program didn't make it any better... Ugh I want spring break to be here already!!!

My 2016 peoples, nice to meet you.
Can't wait to gun all of you out of the water -- all the way to my derm residency. :smuggrin:

BTW, studying physics for the MCAT = slow death.

I see your gunnerism and raise you +1 :smuggrin:

My 2016 peoples, nice to meet you.
Can't wait to gun all of you out of the water -- all the way to my derm residency. :smuggrin:

BTW, studying physics for the MCAT = slow death.

Bring it on. :smuggrin: It's gonna be a good cycle! :thumbup:

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello to all 2016ers here and there!
March, April, and May, we'll be there...

I can't wait....it was foretold that this day would come when a quite stoppable force met a ton of immovable objects and asked politely if one of them would be so kind as to make way and allow passage...