Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Started by Arjuna
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey there 2016ers!

How is everyone this fine July day?

Freakin' awesome.

The professor I've been a research assistant to for the past 2 years is just told me he is gearing me up to present next semester.:soexcited:

Also, I saved a kitten from being killed in the middle of the highway yesterday. I take him home from the vet today. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eh, kind of relevant:

tumblr_lmi1fm4Uy91qkl2auo1_400.jpg


Edit: unintentional top. #14. or 15. I can't remember.

I love this so much. Hahaha
 
Freakin' awesome.

The professor I've been a research assistant to for the past 2 years is just told me he is gearing me up to present next semester.:soexcited:

Also, I saved a kitten from being killed in the middle of the highway yesterday. I take him home from the vet today. 😀

Well... way to make me feel bad. I ran over a squirrel on my ride home today. Woops.

Ghastly things those squirrels!
 
Well... way to make me feel bad. I ran over a squirrel on my ride home today. Woops.

Ghastly things those squirrels!

I ran over a prairie dog on my way home from school one day.... I cried all the way home. 😳 I'm such a softie.
 
Can't do anything for the ones that run out on their own.

This one looked like he was thrown out of a car. 🙁

I saw the body of a dog on the highway the other day. I don't know if someone had thrown the dog out of their car, whether the dog had jumped out of an open window, if it had just wandered there. It was one of those situations where I felt guilty that I didn't stop on the side of the rode to call the local emergency hotline to help pick the poor thing's body out of the road.
 
That's just NOT cool. Reaaaaaally not cool. Those people should be thrown out of moving cars at high velocity.

Agreed.

I couldn't just let this guy sit there. He was sitting right on the double lines, frozen in fear. After I passed, I backed up, blocked both lanes, and picked him up. A semi was coming too. He looked pissed that I was in his way, but I really didn't care.

This was right after I got him.
http://i54.tinypic.com/33ufjb8.jpg
 
Speaking of squirrels, I saw this on CNN today

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0TONBwqc7E[/YOUTUBE]

Granted, cars move pretty fast, but why is it I can't get within 300 ft of a bird on foot without scaring it off, whereas when I'm behind the wheel of a car, they just stupidly stare into my grill as I bear down on them?
 
Agreed.

I couldn't just let this guy sit there. He was sitting right on the double lines, frozen in fear. After I passed, I backed up, blocked both lanes, and picked him up. A semi was coming too. He looked pissed that I was in his way, but I really didn't care.

This was right after I got him.
http://i54.tinypic.com/33ufjb8.jpg

OHHH NO!!!! Tell that guy in the semi to SUCK IT!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed.

I couldn't just let this guy sit there. He was sitting right on the double lines, frozen in fear. After I passed, I backed up, blocked both lanes, and picked him up. A semi was coming too. He looked pissed that I was in his way, but I really didn't care.

This was right after I got him.
http://i54.tinypic.com/33ufjb8.jpg

Awwww that little guy is so cute! I'm glad you stopped to get him 🙂
 
You're adopting him permanently? That's precious

My fiance is a vet tech. Once she held him and he started purring, there was no way I could say no. (I probably wouldn't have said no anyway, but she doesn't have to know that 😉)
 
Also, I saved a kitten from being killed in the middle of the highway yesterday. I take him home from the vet today. 😀

Awww that gives me great happies. 😍

I ran over a prairie dog on my way home from school one day.... I cried all the way home. 😳 I'm such a softie.

I hit a prairie dog once in high school and cried too. 🙁 And I would have been even more sad if it had been a creature that was actually cool. I hate prairie dogs!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My fiance is a vet tech. Once she held him and he started purring, there was no way I could say no. (I probably wouldn't have said no anyway, but she doesn't have to know that 😉)

You are my hero.

You should add Pet Saving Vigilante to your AMCAS if you haven't submitted yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad