-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2019...how ya doing?
Started by brightimpressio
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hells to the ya!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In b4 the bitterness.
Maybe a smidge 😉.A little overeager are we? 😛
SO EXCITED!!!!!
Altough I got in this year (yay 😀) I dont graduate until 2021. Stupid australian degrees hehe.
Hope I can join this thread until the Class of 2021 thread starts rolling.
Altough I got in this year (yay 😀) I dont graduate until 2021. Stupid australian degrees hehe.
Hope I can join this thread until the Class of 2021 thread starts rolling.
I'm a bit curious on how the system works in America.
Do you guys start towards the end of the year or beginning of the year?
And so if you're in C/O of 2019 does that mean you start in beginning of 2015, and do 2015- graduating at end of 2019?
Or am I totally on the wrong track here?
Do you guys start towards the end of the year or beginning of the year?
And so if you're in C/O of 2019 does that mean you start in beginning of 2015, and do 2015- graduating at end of 2019?
Or am I totally on the wrong track here?
Most will matriculate in August 2015 sometime, and will graduate around May of 2019.I'm a bit curious on how the system works in America.
Do you guys start towards the end of the year or beginning of the year?
And so if you're in C/O of 2019 does that mean you start in beginning of 2015, and do 2015- graduating at end of 2019?
Or am I totally on the wrong track here?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh wait, I forgot I can post in this thread 😀
Hi guise!
Hi guise!
Most will matriculate in August 2015 sometime, and will graduate around May of 2019.
Oh okay that makes a lot more sense, thanks for clearing that up!
The academic year in America begins in the late summer/early fall (August/September, though earlier at some schools). So, this class will start "Fall 2015". Most schools have either a semester or quarter system where classes end late spring. So the class of 2019 will graduate right around May 2019.I'm a bit curious on how the system works in America.
Do you guys start towards the end of the year or beginning of the year?
And so if you're in C/O of 2019 does that mean you start in beginning of 2015, and do 2015- graduating at end of 2019?
Or am I totally on the wrong track here?
The academic year in America begins in the late summer/early fall (August/September, though earlier at some schools). So, this class will start "Fall 2015". Most schools have either a semester or quarter system where classes end late spring. So the class of 2019 will graduate right around May 2019.
Thanks for the info, so not too different from Australia as I thought it would be 🙂
Thanks for the info, so not too different from Australia as I thought it would be 🙂
Are you just out of high school? I thought Australia skips the whole undergraduate thing and goes straight to vet school 😛
Are you just out of high school? I thought Australia skips the whole undergraduate thing and goes straight to vet school 😛
Yeah I am 🙂
Of course the amount of years and curriculum set up is quite different, the matriculating and graduating dates are similar which is what I was wondering about.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay! I'm excited to be apart of this thread!
Congrats to all of you!
Oh and:
In all seriousness, congrats, and vet school goes by faster than you think it will... 🙂
Oh and:
In all seriousness, congrats, and vet school goes by faster than you think it will... 🙂
Oh also going to share this, because I thought it was awesome when I first found it when applying:
Haha that's an awesome video 🙂
I got my email while being in the shopping mall, so was quite hard for me to have to contain the massive excitement and euphoria.
I got my email while being in the shopping mall, so was quite hard for me to have to contain the massive excitement and euphoria.
Ohai guise 😀. And DVMD, does that mean that all the vet schools will be warm always? 😀
Oh also going to share this, because I thought it was awesome when I first found it when applying:
Hahahahahaha. "I mastered, I dominated, I'm in."
AHhhhhahahahahaha.
I love this thread. 😀
So excited I can actually post in this thread!! We're gonna be vets guys!!
Ohai guise 😀. And DVMD, does that mean that all the vet schools will be warm always? 😀
Chances are they will be awkwardly warm in the summer and freezing cold in the winter...
am I the only one who still can't believe this is actually happening? we've been working for this for so long and now we've gotten into vet school and are going to be vets one day!!
Haha yeah I sometimes check my email when a notification pops up to check for my acceptance or rejection email even though I've already gotten in 😕
Guess it wont really sink in until we've all started classes, which I can't wait for!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I keep rereading my acceptance email to make sure i didn't dream it up or read it wrong 😳am I the only one who still can't believe this is actually happening? we've been working for this for so long and now we've gotten into vet school and are going to be vets one day!!
I keep rereading my acceptance email to make sure i didn't dream it up or read it wrong 😳
Funny story... I had a dream last night (after my Mississippi acceptance) that I was at an interview day for what I think, in my dream, was meant to be an international vet school. Well, I'm wandering around, can't figure out the name of the vet school, can't remember even applying there in the first place, and totally mystified as to how I got an interview.
Sooo... I'm freaking out because I don't want to look like an idiot when they call me in. I actually had a moment where I'm looking around outside at the campus (which was somehow a mountainous yet desert yet beach yet forest setting) thinking... huh I wonder if this is a dream. Nope, no way, this is real life right now. Weirdest lucid moment I've ever had while asleep.
Anyway, the dream ends with me staying way after the interviews have been over and the people in the office are like... aren't you going to go home now? And I'm just like... I can't find my car. Then I wake up and realize, oh wait, I did get into vet school.
Analysis anyone? 😛
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You crayFunny story... I had a dream last night (after my Mississippi acceptance) that I was at an interview day for what I think, in my dream, was meant to be an international vet school. Well, I'm wandering around, can't figure out the name of the vet school, can't remember even applying there in the first place, and totally mystified as to how I got an interview.
Sooo... I'm freaking out because I don't want to look like an idiot when they call me in. I actually had a moment where I'm looking around outside at the campus (which was somehow a mountainous yet desert yet beach yet forest setting) thinking... huh I wonder if this is a dream. Nope, no way, this is real life right now. Weirdest lucid moment I've ever had while asleep.
Anyway, the dream ends with me staying way after the interviews have been over and the people in the office are like... aren't you going to go home now? And I'm just like... I can't find my car. Then I wake up and realize, oh wait, I did get into vet school.
Analysis anyone? 😛
Funny story... I had a dream last night (after my Mississippi acceptance) that I was at an interview day for what I think, in my dream, was meant to be an international vet school. Well, I'm wandering around, can't figure out the name of the vet school, can't remember even applying there in the first place, and totally mystified as to how I got an interview.
Sooo... I'm freaking out because I don't want to look like an idiot when they call me in. I actually had a moment where I'm looking around outside at the campus (which was somehow a mountainous yet desert yet beach yet forest setting) thinking... huh I wonder if this is a dream. Nope, no way, this is real life right now. Weirdest lucid moment I've ever had while asleep.
Anyway, the dream ends with me staying way after the interviews have been over and the people in the office are like... aren't you going to go home now? And I'm just like... I can't find my car. Then I wake up and realize, oh wait, I did get into vet school.
Analysis anyone? 😛
I want to go to this vet school that is in the mountains, desert, beach and forest... where is it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Solid.You cray
Narnia, I guess.I want to go to this vet school that is in the mountains, desert, beach and forest... where is it?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Is that not where the dragon vet school is?I want to go to this vet school that is in the mountains, desert, beach and forest... where is it?
Is that not where the dragon vet school is?
It probably is! 😱
I need to find this! Right Now! 🙂
School of Magical Creatures?! I seem to remember this discussion previously...It probably is! 😱
I need to find this! Right Now! 🙂
Print it!! It's much more real that way 🙂 I'm still in shock, though....I keep rereading my acceptance email to make sure i didn't dream it up or read it wrong 😳
Orientation week starts next week, should be fun! 🙂
Understand you guys have a while to go till school officially starts?
Understand you guys have a while to go till school officially starts?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
That's exciting 😀 most of us won't be starting until late August or early September.Orientation week starts next week, should be fun! 🙂
Understand you guys have a while to go till school officially starts?
That's exciting 😀 most of us won't be starting until late August or early September.
Thats good, means Ill be able to get a head start on the 2 years Ill be behind everyone else in this thread
Woooooooooo!!! We did it. WE DID IT.
Omg we're going to vet school
I just sent in my seat acceptance! Is this real life?! I know I will be so hating my life when 1st year starts but I'm kind of hoping August gets here sooner rather than later.
For me, the feeling hasn't really gone away, and I'm deep into my first year of vet school. Talking to several classmates, it seems to be a rather common feeling actually (Along with impostor syndrome). At this point I think might realize I'm finally going to be a vet a day before I graduate 😛It hasn't sunken in for me yet. I think once like...class schedules come out and choosing electives (my first year! yay!) occur I'm going to realize I'm going to be a vet. Now I'm still in full time work mode.
For me, the feeling hasn't really gone away, and I'm deep into my first year of vet school. Talking to several classmates, it seems to be a rather common feeling actually (Along with impostor syndrome). At this point I think might realize I'm finally going to be a vet a day before I graduate 😛
I think that is how I will be. I wasn't the type that cried when I got vet school acceptances cause it's not real for me yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Senioritis
We don't actually have to do work anymore until vet school; right?! Right?!Senioritis
![]()
I am quite over writing essays at this point lol...
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I wish it worked that wayWe don't actually have to do work anymore until vet school; right?! Right?!
I am quite over writing essays at this point lol...
I wish I had said screw it to my lit minor and graduated last semester
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
(That 2nd part is not true. I needed 8 more credits to get my 2 degrees. Sigh.)
I wish it worked that way
I wish I had said screw it to my lit minor and graduated last semester
I "could" have graduated last semester too. Doing work for classes that don't matter for my degree or for vet school is a major struggle.