You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@samsunimomo I finished The Magic Mountain last week ! Didn't think it would take me almost two weeks to sludge through the 700+ pages, but it certainly was an interesting book .. Some interesting passages, for sure, and so much that seemed like a pre-requisite to understand the conversations between Settembrini and Naphta
Currently reading Chronicle of a Death Foretold .. short, but interesting ! Never read anything from Marquez aside from a collection of short stories (Strange Pilgrims: Twelve Stories) ... I think, in the interest of time, I'll have to skip One Hundred Years of Solitude to make time for some other books I'm itching to read.
Currently reading Chronicle of a Death Foretold .. short, but interesting ! Never read anything from Marquez aside from a collection of short stories (Strange Pilgrims: Twelve Stories) ... I think, in the interest of time, I'll have to skip One Hundred Years of Solitude to make time for some other books I'm itching to read.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I head home in 2 days. Kinda sad about it.
Wish I had another year to travel :/
Wish I had another year to travel :/
Real talk time
When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?
When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?
Real talk time
When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?
Haha first day of class probably? (That's when I'll change my school on Facebook, too...maybe I'm still in disbelief or superstitious or something!)
When someone like you reminds me lolololReal talk time
When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?
LOL I changed my school on fb the minute I got accepted - hasn't backfired on me yet.Haha first day of class probably? (That's when I'll change my school on Facebook, too...maybe I'm still in disbelief or superstitious or something!)
I'm thinking when orientation starts.Real talk time
When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?
kinda nervous and excited at the same time!!
Real talk time
When are y'all switching from "Medical Student (Accepted)" to "Medical Student"?
I wanted to wait until my white coat ceremony, so I guess I'll change it now. [emoji16]
Cherishing my last three or so weeks of absolute free time 🙂 🙁
Jelly.
Cherishing my last three or so weeks of absolute free time 🙂 🙁
three weeks?! I move in tomorrow, orientation starts Monday.

three weeks?! I move in tomorrow, orientation starts Monday.![]()
You're totally going to do fine!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was offered a free ride last Tuesday!! No debt for me.. 2 and a half more weeks!!
Did you get poached?
That's amazing. Congrats!
PASSED SECOND ROUND OF MED SCHOOL TESTS! THREE WEEKS TILL WHITE COAT AND END OF ANATOMY !! LETS DO IT 😀😀😀😀😀
You have a head start! That's cheating!
This is pretty much meTrying to squeeze in as many last minute movies/books I want to get through
On an unrelated note, are you also headed to the city that never sleeps?
This is pretty much me
On an unrelated note, are you also headed to the city that never sleeps?
Too many things to do, too little time.
Unfortunately no, I am headed to the city that is constantly under construction 😀
Apartment won't be ready in time. Looks like I'll be homeless for the first week or so of school.
Good thing I just bought a tent and a sleeping bag and my 'new' car is an awd subaru...
Good thing I just bought a tent and a sleeping bag and my 'new' car is an awd subaru...
This is pretty much me
On an unrelated note, are you also headed to the city that never sleeps?
I'm in the sleep deprived city though!

Apartment won't be ready in time. Looks like I'll be homeless for the first week or so of school.
Good thing I just bought a tent and a sleeping bag and my 'new' car is an awd subaru...
Damn that's rough. You gonna be doing a hotel or something?
Having guaranteed housing was like a main criteria for me when picking schools. I suck at apartment hunting.
Damn that's rough. You gonna be doing a hotel or something?
Having guaranteed housing was like a main criteria for me when picking schools. I suck at apartment hunting.
I was abroad all summer and my two housemates took care of things. I'm not that worried about it though I would have liked to have a few days to move. I'll just have to deal with it.
I'm either going to bum around on couches if people will oblige and host me or ask if I can camp out in someone's backyard and use their bathroom. I figure I'll be at the med school for the majority of the day anyway so there's no harm. I lived out of a backpack for 2 months this summer and I'm really not concerned about this as much as people seem to think I should be.
I kinda think it's hilarious, but it'll work out.
I was abroad all summer and my two housemates took care of things. I'm not that worried about it though I would have liked to have a few days to move. I'll just have to deal with it.
I'm either going to bum around on couches if people will oblige and host me or ask if I can camp out in someone's backyard and use their bathroom. I figure I'll be at the med school for the majority of the day anyway so there's no harm. I lived out of a backpack for 2 months this summer and I'm really not concerned about this as much as people seem to think I should be.
I kinda think it's hilarious, but it'll work out.
Lol. You just have to backpack through orientation week.
Same
Or will be in two weeks
I can't wait! 😀I'm in the sleep deprived city though!![]()
@Banco Do you speak Spanish, by the way? I always see your name and laugh because it means 'bank' in Spanish
man, I have to say, I LOVEEEE it here so far. orientation and move in day were amazing, with tons of awesome events to meet people. having a blast thus far!
Last edited:
I can't wait! 😀
@Banco Do you speak Spanish, by the way? I always see your name and laugh because it means 'bank' in Spanish
Hahaha sadly I don't. It's actually just an obscure spongebob reference

Yayayayayyyyyythree weeks?! I move in tomorrow, orientation starts Monday.![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
man, I have to say, I LOVEEEE it here so far. orientation and move in day were amazing, with tons of awesome events to meet people. have a darn blast thus far!
So exciting!!! [emoji16]
Thats Great. Cannot wait until mine!!White coat ceremony today !!![]()
Was offered a free ride last Tuesday!! No debt for me.. 2 and a half more weeks!!
Congrats! Also, i accidentally mistook you for @Psai and @DoctorPardi due to your identical avatars
PASSED SECOND ROUND OF MED SCHOOL TESTS! THREE WEEKS TILL WHITE COAT AND END OF ANATOMY !! LETS DO IT 😀😀😀😀😀
Congrats!


I start 1 week from Monday!! Getting so excited!!
I start 1 week from Monday!! Getting so excited!!
Is it orientation? Or are you actually starting the curriculum? Either way enjoy it!! [emoji5]️
I get 8 days of orientation then real class starts! White Coat ceremony will be the 14th! 🙂
Sounds great! Have fun! [emoji16]I get 8 days of orientation then real class starts! White Coat ceremony will be the 14th! 🙂
Is it orientation? Or are you actually starting the curriculum? Either way enjoy it!!![]()
I get 8 days of orientation then real class starts! White Coat ceremony will be the 14th! 🙂
Sounds great! Have fun!![]()
Man I like those Tapatalk-style emojis
Does anyone else feel like you're heading off to hogwarts and getting your stethoscope is kinda like getting your wand?
Or am I just weird?
Or am I just weird?
The stethoscope chooses the doctor, remember. I think we can expect great things from you, @WedgeDawg
*accio wedgedawg!*Does anyone else feel like you're heading off to hogwarts and getting your stethoscope is kinda like getting your wand?
Or am I just weird?
Dude you stole my Avatar.Thats Great. Cannot wait until mine!!
Dude you stole my Avatar.
Yay! A legend from the past is back (well temporarily at least).


And to be fair, you're too popular that followers like @Psai and others decided to use your avatar to admire you 😀
Welcome Picnic tomorrow, then orientation and white coat ceremony on Thursday, more orientation on Friday, and then 2 weeks of wards before basic science instruction begins.
Enjoying my last full off day today. Ahh...🙂
Enjoying my last full off day today. Ahh...🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel half like this: http://totallystaugustine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/we-are-the-champions-610x360.jpg
And half like this: http://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/vi...-under-book-stack-in-library-reading-room.jpg
But I will try to stay motivated! OK everyone, https://torsaporsa.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/iltni.jpg
And half like this: http://ak.picdn.net/shutterstock/vi...-under-book-stack-in-library-reading-room.jpg
But I will try to stay motivated! OK everyone, https://torsaporsa.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/iltni.jpg
Anatomy is almost over, thank god. We are in one of the worst anatomical parts of the body, the pelvis/perineum (hlp meh plz) but 1 week until anatomy is over and the white coat! Hoorah!
Silence has descended. Medical school has begun. See you all someday when the studying slows. 🙂
Match Day 2019?Silence has descended. Medical school has begun. See you all someday when the studying slows. 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 585
