You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Why the silence? Just finished Anatomy and the first 1/3 of Doctoring! White coat was yesterday! Hooray!!![]()
haha congrats! must feel great. officially high passed my first anatomy and histology exams! also have a lot of room for improvement in my study technique. couldn't be more relieved lol. Hope everyone is enjoying med school so far!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am finally really in it! Real class is going and we are already studying away! It is so awesome, we are all studying medicine! To be doctors! Real life is sweet.
That strange moment when you see everyone discussing tests but your first exam isn't for another six weeks...
kinda terrifying cause its so easy to get lazy
Same! But we have weekly ungraded self assessments to keep us studying. Plus fear of failure is a good motivator!
That strange moment when you see everyone discussing tests but your first exam isn't for another six weeks...
kinda terrifying cause its so easy to get lazy
Pro-Tip: don't fall behind or get lazy lol. catching up really sucks when you're behind
I miss talking to you all! 🙂 Gah hope all is well!
Same! But we have weekly ungraded self assessments to keep us studying. Plus fear of failure is a good motivator!
haha wellsame...but a lot of people don't take those assessments very seriously. I haven't fallen behind yet (mainly cause anatomy hasn't really started yet) but its still pretty scary
Just here to revive the thread. Hope you're all doing well! [emoji16]
Good luck.
So no doubt that I am really in med school. http://www.artesianmedia.com/blog/w...llerwhale/images/sips-from-the-firehose-3.jpg
So no doubt that I am really in med school. http://www.artesianmedia.com/blog/w...llerwhale/images/sips-from-the-firehose-3.jpg
That's how I felt! lol
So no doubt that I am really in med school. http://www.artesianmedia.com/blog/w...llerwhale/images/sips-from-the-firehose-3.jpg
So much biochem...
That will be me in 4 weeks. Right now: So much anatomy... -___-So much biochem...
I'm so ready to get anatomy over with already, yet I'm only about half way through... first few weeks were definitely the most stressful of my life lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That will be me in 4 weeks. Right now: So much anatomy... -___-
So you guys started with anatomy? That sounds rough.
Thankfully, we're moving onto cell bio and genetics, which is still review for the time being.
Same here! My brain hurtsIntegrated organ based curriculum...doing anatomy alongside physio, biochem, histo, clinical skills. So much info. So brutal.
Same here! My brain hurts
I wish I could focus on just one thing lol
ONE YEAR PRECLINICAL CURRICULUM, get on my level...
Also, anatomy for us is spread throughout the year not clumped in several weeks.
I wish I could focus on just one thing lol
I'm starting to realize the grass is always greener... when a particular subject is tough for you (i.e. memorizing tons of anatomy), it sucks having 20 lectures of that particular subject making up an exam. I almost wish I had a bunch of things to spread it out lol
Here's to hoping that we'll look back and appreciate these really tough months lol! My school is systems-based as well, but this first block is foundations, so every week there's a new emphasis and every week I have to change my study methods! 🙁
Catching up really sucks. I went gung ho before my first block and did well. But it was hard to get back into the groove after labor day weekend.
Bump
Still have almost 2 more weeks till our first exam... but I'm finally caught up on lectures 😉
Still have almost 2 more weeks till our first exam... but I'm finally caught up on lectures 😉
You're doing great!!! Are you going to MedGames?
Thanks! but maybe you're thinking of someone else, aren't those in CA?You're doing great!!! Are you going to MedGames?
Thanks! but maybe you're thinking of someone else, aren't those in CA?
Yup... Definitely thinking of someone else lol
No worries, math and science are on your side:Yup... Definitely thinking of someone else lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did well on my biochem, biostats, clinical, and pharm exam. Now histo and microbio. What is this stuff?
That doesn't sound any better than the 8 weeks of hell I'm still trapped in but almost done with. But you know, the grass is always greener...Also, anatomy for us is spread throughout the year not clumped in several weeks.
No
... [emoji58]
@sunflower18 bump!!
That's actually a deli sunflower!! 🙂 Pretty hard to believe, right?! 🙂You rang? 🙂 🙂 🙂 beautiful picture!!!!
Last edited:
exam week. 8 exams in 4 days. let's ****ing go.
That sounds rough. Best of luck to you.
We are just finishing our first module (I guess you could think of them as units) and we have our first test tomorrow. So nervous!!
That sounds f***ing awful. Best of luck to you. The grass isn't always greener.exam week. 8 exams in 4 days. let's ****ing go.
That sounds f***ing awful. Best of luck to you. The grass isn't always greener.
yeeeah...anatomy practical followed by histo practical tm, then the big medical knowledge and clinical knowledge exams thursday and friday...
Done with anatomy block! So glad I'm finally out of hell lol. Hope y'all are doing well too!
I get tested on at lecture material weekly and histo/anatomy/clinical skills every other week. Block exams are in 3 weeks which cover everything. But at least I get to start in clinic soon! Patient hx and vitals to start with!! Fairly overwhelmed by knowledge most days but I couldn't ask for better classmates. Love this crazy journey!! Guess what guys, we are going to be doctors!!
Finished the biochem/genetics block up and started anatomy now. I love it. I'm so much more motivated to study and read and learn. This is medicine.
We also started our dissection. Med school is really looking up!
Also, I bought a motorcycle and I'm sad that it's towards the end of riding season.
We also started our dissection. Med school is really looking up!
Also, I bought a motorcycle and I'm sad that it's towards the end of riding season.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finished the biochem/genetics block up and started anatomy now. I love it. I'm so much more motivated to study and read and learn. This is medicine.
We also started our dissection. Med school is really looking up!
Also, I bought a motorcycle and I'm sad that it's towards the end of riding season.
I've found anatomy content to be awesome, but I absolutely hate studying for it. it sucks having to rote memorize tons of names of structures rather than being able to understand and apply it. I'm over the lab too haha, the honeymoon phase passed. I'm actually looking forward to it ending, just one more month to go (for histology/cell bio also).
congrats on the bike though! what kind did you get?
I've found anatomy content to be awesome, but I absolutely hate studying for it. it sucks having to rote memorize tons of names of structures rather than being able to understand and apply it. I'm over the lab too haha, the honeymoon phase passed. I'm actually looking forward to it ending, just one more month to go (for histology/cell bio also).
congrats on the bike though! what kind did you get?
Yesss! Exactly how I feel about anatomy. Unfortunately, we have anatomy threaded throughout our entire first year. 🙁
Biochem is soooooo much more boring than anatomy. At least it's easier.
Anatomy is honestly so interesting, but it is so time consuming, especially if you're learning pathology, physiology, and everything with it. Not studying anatomy is going to be refreshing. though a professor literally warned us today how boring biochem is going to be...
also i start working with a preceptor in the emergency room tomorrow and i couldn't be more excited for that
also i start working with a preceptor in the emergency room tomorrow and i couldn't be more excited for that
Yesss! Exactly how I feel about anatomy. Unfortunately, we have anatomy threaded throughout our entire first year. 🙁
ahh I feel for you 🙁 luckily our anatomy block ends in a month, then biochem and physio starts, which will probably be difficult in their own way I'm sure.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 586
