Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guuuuyyyss! I think you are all fantastic, and I believe in all of you!!

Members don't see this ad.

how does a 2019 thread already exist

and why was it created over 2 years ago

We are applying in 7 months! Not too crazy to have a thread already. I think it was created when we were freshmen.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't we all? I blame sunflower18.

You caught me! With my bare hands, I convert innocent, normal beings into those who ruthlessly and viciously gun against their fellow pre-meds. Frankenstein: gunner edition.

Seeing as i belong here, hey everyone!

Joining this thread! Hopeful class of 2019 here.

How is junior year for everyone? I am completely freaking out. My clinical experience is lacking and I need to get started on it ASAP... I'm just worried that it won't be enough by the time I apply in May/June. And I still need to take the MCAT!

What kinds of EC's have you all been working on this semester?

Welcome!!!

Junior year is all right. Ive had some health issues, so this will almost definitely be a less than awesome semester for my GPA. Oh well. These things happen!

Leadership through a community service organization, TA, tutor, scribe, research are my main activities! Im not planning on adding any new activities before i apply which is a bit scary....

When are you planning on taking the mcat? How exciting!!

Oh wow, you're really doing a lot. Darn, I should really be doing more... At the least, I will try adding on tutoring next semester.

I'm planning to take it in late April. I should really be starting to study now but I'm so freakin' lazy. I've been a lazy, procrastinating bum my entire life... How can I really grit my teeth and start studying for several hours a day for months on end?

I had to drop nonclinical volunteering and medical leadership when i started getting sick too. But i kept a lot of activities which has been stressful. I definitely spend more time on ECs than schoolwork, which is sort of bad..... And my activities are all pretty cookie cutter and look blah, so thats not awesome either. But i really like them!!!!

Its definitely hard to compare activities. I just wish it was easier to stand out.

Oh ok! Yeah studying that hard for that long is really hard to sustain. I studied 30-40 hrs/wk for 3.5 months. Any longer and i might have exploded haha.

40 hours a week is almost 6 hours a day... every day... How did you manage to do that? I have never studied that long that consistently. That's crazy!

I was scribing and studying the entire summer, and thats about it. I can count on one hand the number of social things i did all summer which is very pathetic. Id basically sleep in my bed with all my books next to me, wake up, roll over, and study until i had to go to work or back to sleep. I was living alone in my apartment too for the most part, so i had very few distractions.

It was an awful summer but really showed me that i was able to motivate myself to study diligently. Im much better at studying hard and a lot than studying sporadically, actually. If i have too much free time, i procrastinate. Maybe thats just me... But i do think that once anyone gets into a study rhythm, and they feel strongly enough about what they're doing, they can study for longer and harder than they thought they could.

Joining this thread! Hopeful class of 2019 here.

How is junior year for everyone? I am completely freaking out. My clinical experience is lacking and I need to get started on it ASAP... I'm just worried that it won't be enough by the time I apply in May/June. And I still need to take the MCAT!

What kinds of EC's have you all been working on this semester?
It's the stuff I have in my MDApps. Not gonna say what takes up the most time though lol

40 hours a week is almost 6 hours a day... every day... How did you manage to do that? I have never studied that long that consistently. That's crazy! I hardly study 2 hours a day for my classes...
Who studies for MCAT? Take it cold. :naughty:

Oh my god you guys are so accomplished. :eek:

I literally said the same thing about a week or so when I joined the thread too, luckily only like 3 people are really in the class of 2019 lol. I also haven't taken the MCAT yet either but I'm studying now, 6hrs a day... :bang::boom::help:

Seriously, how do you study for 6 hours a day? Where are you studying? How are you studying for that long? Do you have some special method? Do you follow a schedule?

Well for one I don't study 6hours straight mainly because I'm still in classes and have to work in the lab. Depending on the day, I split it up mornings and evenings, sometimes afternoons when I have the chance. There are tons of study schedules on here you can follow but personally I follow Berkley Review's study schedule and added some ExamKrackers as well.

Just stop studying, guys. It doesn't do anything.