Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
trying to stay up tonight and power through my state school's secondary

who's with me!! No one? ok
I am pretty much lol! That's why I'm not online :) ...and your username is making me hungry

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
sleep is for the weak!
Ahh, my favorite quote to yell while walking to my classes after an all-nighter x)

...pretty much. I've always been lectured on how important sleep is and how I need more of it every night. But every night I decide to stay up late and I always regret it in the morning.
Med school secondaries > sleep

I'm with you!! I can literally get in to work at 10 in the mornings so I can afford to stay up :D
Me too!! My state school's also, they have a toooon of essays

Damn, UVA is legendarily fast...I literally clicked submit on the secondary and immediately got a secondary confirmation AND application complete email lol. So complete at UVA! :D

Damn, UVA is legendarily fast...I literally clicked submit on the secondary and immediately got a secondary confirmation AND application complete email lol. So complete at UVA! :D
well you were productive enough for the both of us

Reactions: 1 users
well you were productive enough for the both of us
Haha glad to contribute! :smug:
NYU's next. Looks like 2 of them are easily recycled. Gonna edit and bang those out in the next 15-20 minutes and get to bed

Members don't see this ad :)
That's been the case for me at most of the schools after the first week or so...it's like they all waited to download LORs for a bit, but now everything is starting to run smoothly.

ok I did finish a draft but I don't trust my sleep deprived self to edit/submit. Tomorrow morning it is!

Byyyy the way, one of my LOEs is STILLLL not in. I've asked about it many times in the last couple of weeks and they keep saying they'll do it but have yet to make good on that. Their letter is already assigned to all the schools I'm applying to so they're all expecting to get it.

I don't want my applications to sit around any more :/ I don't know what to do though, this reference is one I definitely want to have in there. What do I do? :cryi:

Byyyy the way, one of my LOEs is STILLLL not in. I've asked about it many times in the last couple of weeks and they keep saying they'll do it but have yet to make good on that. Their letter is already assigned to all the schools I'm applying to so they're all expecting to get it.

I don't want my applications to sit around any more :/ I don't know what to do though, this reference is one I definitely want to have in there. What do I do? :cryi:
I had emailed one of my letter writes and essentially told her that my application won't be complete without her letter, even though I already turned everything else in. She got it done that evening. ;)

I had emailed one of my letter writes and essentially told her that my application won't be complete without her letter, even though I already turned everything else in. She got it done that evening. ;)
Did that weeks ago. Reminded several times since then about how this is the only thing, too. They just keep saying they'll do it right away and then not doing it.

This person is super busy but I also gave them over three solid months to do it. They have an assistant, I was considering contacting her and asking about it but I don't know if that's a big No-No or what.

Did that weeks ago. Reminded several times since then about how this is the only thing, too. They just keep saying they'll do it right away and then not doing it.

This person is super busy but I also gave them over three solid months to do it. They have an assistant, I was considering contacting her and asking about it but I don't know if that's a big No-No or what.
Use every single avenue you have to get to busy people. Always always always. Call her and ask her to remind her when she sees him!

you all better become doctors fast and save me. (I'm tired)
anyone else beat up from secondaries

Definitely feeling it a little. I realized that I was rushing a little bit too much, and that it was fine to take a little longer on them. So I took a couple of days off, and feel ready to tackle them again. We'll see if that lasts...

Use every single avenue you have to get to busy people. Always always always. Call her and ask her to remind her when she sees him!
I am now worried this letter writer trolls SDN because it was suddenly submitted this morning :confused:

I'M HAPPY ANYWAY, though, and now I have a real serious fire under my tush to get those last supplemental essays done. I've put off the ones I'm most anxious about for last so I could keep reading & editing but I'm still too afraid to commit by submitting.

UVA is amazing!!! #justsayin

I'm also in this situation...I've emailed him several times and well, he either responds back promptly or not at all. Quite frustrating.

Definitely feeling it a little. I realized that I was rushing a little bit too much, and that it was fine to take a little longer on them. So I took a couple of days off, and feel ready to tackle them again. We'll see if that lasts...
Yea at first my goal was 48 hours (lol). Now it's 3 weeks.

Just hammered out 4 more secondaries today so far... Hopefully I can make that 7 by tonight...

I'm a really fast writer. Having an English major roommate to proofread everything doesn't hurt either haha.

Edit: I also pre-wrote some of the secondaries.

Last edited:
I'm a really fast writer. Having an English major roommate to proofread everything doesn't hurt either haha.

Edit: I also pre-wrote some of the secondaries.
You're still in school in August? :confused:

I am now worried this letter writer trolls SDN because it was suddenly submitted this morning :confused:

I'M HAPPY ANYWAY, though, and now I have a real serious fire under my tush to get those last supplemental essays done. I've put off the ones I'm most anxious about for last so I could keep reading & editing but I'm still too afraid to commit by submitting.
I also feel a little bit uneasy about submitting a few of the apps, just because they could always be better... Struggles

I also feel a little bit uneasy about submitting a few of the apps, just because they could always be better... Struggles
same, today I was supposed to just read through this secondary once and click submit, but here I am like 6 hours later, still reading and editing. On the verge of insanity.

So if people get II from a school who submitted after you did, that likely means they already looked over your application?

So if people get II from a school who submitted after you did, that likely means they already looked over your application?
No. There is no indication at all that schools review applications in the order they are complete.

can't believe it's already august. Where did this summer go? Between mcat, primaries, secondaries, I really need a break!

I know right? It's crazy that we're pretty much half way done with this cycle! Now we just sit and wait. :)

I'm still in my college town, working in my lab. Pretty much all of my roommates have been in town all summer.
I see. Ah, to have left my college town and live in a real city now! Woot

FYI, if your academic adviser calls your schedule "hardcore", that isn't a good thing...

Spam emails suck so much. Also I check my email every 30 minutes now...

Guys that is unhealthy. I really wouldn't do that..
KEEP OCCUPIED KEEP OCCUPIED

I have always had a tab open for my email...that's how I get emails? How else do you do it?

I never think it's application stuff, though. First, it's still ridiculously early, and second, I have a separate notification sound for med app stuff.

I never think it's application stuff, though. First, it's still ridiculously early, and second, I have a separate notification sound for med app stuff.
You have that on your computer? Or just your phone

I've just accepted the paranoia at this point... I can't even imagine the post interview - pre acceptance/rejection stress...

I have a tab for just my email. I don't close it. #sendhalp

The notification sound on my phone is the same for emails and texts. Now I get really paranoid whenever it goes off. I should probably change it now that I think about it

All these non gen 1 pokemon throwing me off. Why is that ball thing mustached?