Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Fakhter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn, UVA is legendarily fast...I literally clicked submit on the secondary and immediately got a secondary confirmation AND application complete email lol. So complete at UVA! 😀
 
Damn, UVA is legendarily fast...I literally clicked submit on the secondary and immediately got a secondary confirmation AND application complete email lol. So complete at UVA! 😀
That's been the case for me at most of the schools after the first week or so...it's like they all waited to download LORs for a bit, but now everything is starting to run smoothly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Byyyy the way, one of my LOEs is STILLLL not in. I've asked about it many times in the last couple of weeks and they keep saying they'll do it but have yet to make good on that. Their letter is already assigned to all the schools I'm applying to so they're all expecting to get it.

I don't want my applications to sit around any more :/ I don't know what to do though, this reference is one I definitely want to have in there. What do I do? 😢
 
Byyyy the way, one of my LOEs is STILLLL not in. I've asked about it many times in the last couple of weeks and they keep saying they'll do it but have yet to make good on that. Their letter is already assigned to all the schools I'm applying to so they're all expecting to get it.

I don't want my applications to sit around any more :/ I don't know what to do though, this reference is one I definitely want to have in there. What do I do? 😢
I had emailed one of my letter writes and essentially told her that my application won't be complete without her letter, even though I already turned everything else in. She got it done that evening. 😉
 
I had emailed one of my letter writes and essentially told her that my application won't be complete without her letter, even though I already turned everything else in. She got it done that evening. 😉
Did that weeks ago. Reminded several times since then about how this is the only thing, too. They just keep saying they'll do it right away and then not doing it.

This person is super busy but I also gave them over three solid months to do it. They have an assistant, I was considering contacting her and asking about it but I don't know if that's a big No-No or what.
 
Did that weeks ago. Reminded several times since then about how this is the only thing, too. They just keep saying they'll do it right away and then not doing it.

This person is super busy but I also gave them over three solid months to do it. They have an assistant, I was considering contacting her and asking about it but I don't know if that's a big No-No or what.
Use every single avenue you have to get to busy people. Always always always. Call her and ask her to remind her when she sees him!
 
Use every single avenue you have to get to busy people. Always always always. Call her and ask her to remind her when she sees him!
I am now worried this letter writer trolls SDN because it was suddenly submitted this morning 😕

I'M HAPPY ANYWAY, though, and now I have a real serious fire under my tush to get those last supplemental essays done. I've put off the ones I'm most anxious about for last so I could keep reading & editing but I'm still too afraid to commit by submitting.
 
Damn, UVA is legendarily fast...I literally clicked submit on the secondary and immediately got a secondary confirmation AND application complete email lol. So complete at UVA! 😀
UVA is amazing!!! #justsayin
Byyyy the way, one of my LOEs is STILLLL not in. I've asked about it many times in the last couple of weeks and they keep saying they'll do it but have yet to make good on that. Their letter is already assigned to all the schools I'm applying to so they're all expecting to get it.

I don't want my applications to sit around any more :/ I don't know what to do though, this reference is one I definitely want to have in there. What do I do? 😢
I'm also in this situation...I've emailed him several times and well, he either responds back promptly or not at all. Quite frustrating.
 
I am now worried this letter writer trolls SDN because it was suddenly submitted this morning 😕

I'M HAPPY ANYWAY, though, and now I have a real serious fire under my tush to get those last supplemental essays done. I've put off the ones I'm most anxious about for last so I could keep reading & editing but I'm still too afraid to commit by submitting.
I also feel a little bit uneasy about submitting a few of the apps, just because they could always be better... Struggles
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if people get II from a school who submitted after you did, that likely means they already looked over your application?
 
So if people get II from a school who submitted after you did, that likely means they already looked over your application?
No. There is no indication at all that schools review applications in the order they are complete.
 
I have always had a tab open for my email...that's how I get emails? How else do you do it?

I never think it's application stuff, though. First, it's still ridiculously early, and second, I have a separate notification sound for med app stuff.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad