You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Class of 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started by Fakhter
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah luckily I took psychology and sociology as a freshman. Im a biochem major so I will fulfill the biochem requirement easily. but if I have to take the 2015 mcat it is going to suck since I don't remember ANYTHING about psych or sociology. :/
I'm sure it'll all come back pretty easily since you've already gone through the classes once! At least, it'll be easier than trying to learn it for the first time.
Reappearing and popping over to this neck of the woods to say hello to some of my former hSDN compadres!
What's new, guys?
Also, the number of exclamation points in the title of this thread is truly impressive.
What's new, guys? Also, the number of exclamation points in the title of this thread is truly impressive.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, the number of exclamation points in the title of this thread is truly impressive.![]()
The space in the exclamation points makes my eye twitch.
Reappearing and popping over to this neck of the woods to say hello to some of my former hSDN compadres!What's new, guys?
Also, the number of exclamation points in the title of this thread is truly impressive.![]()
Cephalopod! 😀
How's life? It's good to see you.
I'm still undecided, rounding out my last pre-reqs now. I've been vacillating about what to have in my schedule. I may post it to get input from you all.
The space also bothers me too, @silverturtle. But at least we don't have spelled out "ones" like the c/o 2021 thread. I feel bad for them. o.o
I finished the last of my prereqs last semester and I feel so free going into my last year! No longer will I be shackled to certain classes; I CAN TAKE WHAT I WANT.
Been there for a year already, one more year to go. It's so g000000dI finished the last of my prereqs last semester and I feel so free going into my last year! No longer will I be shackled to certain classes; I CAN TAKE WHAT I WANT.
Been there for a year already, one more year to go. It's so g000000d
So much freedom. I just have to remember that with great power comes great responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITY TO DO DAT LIBERAL ARTS EDUCATIONSo much freedom. I just have to remember that with great power comes great responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITY TO DO DAT LIBERAL ARTS EDUCATION
Don't remind me. 2 semester GC Western Civ. Bleck.
Now, I could lecture everyone in the history of math. I'm irritated as all hell that my 5 on APUSH didn't satisfy the history requirement. x|
If more premeds had more liberal arts background, they would be better thinkers and better doctors. These things are important.Don't remind me. 2 semester GC Western Civ. Bleck.
Now, I could lecture everyone in the history of math. I'm irritated as all hell that my 5 on APUSH didn't satisfy the history requirement. x|
I could see that purpose being better served if they recommend literature courses; or philosophy, psychology, or a logic class.
I don't see the rationale that somehow taking a two-part world history class is supposed to make me a better thinker, especially when I'm doing research in a history-oriented topic. But I understand that such a thing isn't a usual thing that an undergrad does.
I don't see the rationale that somehow taking a two-part world history class is supposed to make me a better thinker, especially when I'm doing research in a history-oriented topic. But I understand that such a thing isn't a usual thing that an undergrad does.
RESPONSIBILITY TO DO DAT LIBERAL ARTS EDUCATION
nahhh, son, I'm done with my gen eds. All I have left are 3 more classes for my major and then electives on electives on electives.
Hopefully this thread will remain a little more active now. I can't connect with the 2019ers anymore now that they're going through the application process 🙁
I hope you all don't shun me for thinking about going dental, but we'd all be applying at the same time. 🙂
You can always PM/start a convo with me, ST.
You can always PM/start a convo with me, ST.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still undecided, rounding out my last pre-reqs now. I've been vacillating about what to have in my schedule. I may post it to get input from you all.
The space also bothers me too, @silverturtle. But at least we don't have spelled out "ones" like the c/o 2021 thread. I feel bad for them. o.o
What are you thinking about for a schedule? 🙂
What are you thinking about for a schedule? 🙂
I'm a math major, so:
Modern & Abstract Algebra (4)
Calc-based Stats III (3)
Math Research Elective (1)
Calc-based Physics I & Lab (4)
Sculpture I (3)
Western Civ (3)
I'm a math major, so:
Modern & Abstract Algebra (4)
Calc-based Stats III (3)
Math Research Elective (1)
Calc-based Physics I & Lab (4)
Sculpture I (3)
Western Civ (3)
Jealous of your sculpture class! My schedule isn't finalized yet and won't be for a few weeks probably. I like to shop around at the beginning of each semester 🙂 I have one more pre-req to go (except biochem for some schools, but I won't be able to take that until next year), and I am trying to spread out my major requirements (non-biology science major) as much as I can so I can focus on my minor (humanities, aka my fun classes).
I love sculpture. I have wanted to take the class since freshman year but couldn't because of my other classes getting in the way.
I'm a math major, so:
Modern & Abstract Algebra (4)
Calc-based Stats III (3)
Math Research Elective (1)
Calc-based Physics I & Lab (4)
Sculpture I (3)
Western Civ (3)
Besides Sculpture that schedule looks scary! :/
Besides Sculpture that schedule looks scary! :/
My faculty advisor loves me, so the research credit won't be so bad.
I do well when I'm busy, and the art class will help my brain from imploding.
I have a really good rote memory, so unless there's a lot of papers, I can mind and grind in the history class.
I guess if I'm worried about anything, it's the math + physics. I've never taken a physics class before, ever. Not even in high school or middle school.
Yes calc based physics is crazy. I decided not to take calc based because I didn't want to wait to finish the calc series before beginning physics. I still have a few pre-reqs to finish up too.
I'm not talking about distribution requirements. I'm talking about the liberal arts education because I assume you're talking about cool non-STEM electivesnahhh, son, I'm done with my gen eds. All I have left are 3 more classes for my major and then electives on electives on electives.
Nah, algebra-based physics (it's weird to even call it that) is just wack. Simplifying physics without the math is just egregious imo and prevents a lot of premeds from ever learning true intuition of the subject.Yes calc based physics is crazy. I decided not to take calc based because I didn't want to wait to finish the calc series before beginning physics. I still have a few pre-reqs to finish up too.
I did really well in the Calculus series: B, A, A. 😀
Which is why I would opt for Calc based. Because even math people think trig is screwed up.
Which is why I would opt for Calc based. Because even math people think trig is screwed up.
Maybe that's why I still don't understand anything...Nah, algebra-based physics (it's weird to even call it that) is just wack. Simplifying physics without the math is just egregious imo and prevents a lot of premeds from ever learning true intuition of the subject.
🙁
Ewwww calculus. Ewwwww.
I did really well in the Calculus series: B, A, A. 😀
Which is why I would opt for Calc based. Because even math people think trig is screwed up.
I did well in calc too I ended up with A's in both but I took calc at the same time as physics so I wasn't able to do the more difficult physics class. I think I have a decent understanding of physics as well I surprised myself with an A in that too even though I absolutely HATED physics in high school. Well I kind of still hate it but at least I kind of understand it. 😛
Seriously, though. With just the right amount of math involved, equations can be internalized extremely easily, eliminating any necessity to memorize. Sure, use the equation enough times and it'll become second nature to jot down, which I guess is a form of memorization, but whenever I see people on the struggle bus with the conceptual MCAT questions, I just know from tutoring experience it's because they couldn't understand the equations enough to view things conceptually. The math helps.Maybe that's why I still don't understand anything...
🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I love physics! And algebra! And calculus! 😍 On the other hand, I will be taking biology (genetics) for the first time since my sophomore year in high school so we'll see how that goes. 

Checking in for the first time in a while. I hope everyone's been doing well!
I'll be taking the new MCAT... and I'm excited to see what the next year has in store!
I'll be taking the new MCAT... and I'm excited to see what the next year has in store!
Holy cow, Ceph, Conflagration, Dox! It's been a while. What's up with you guys?
I've entered that MCAT score freak out stage. 6 more days(ish) until I find out...
I've entered that MCAT score freak out stage. 6 more days(ish) until I find out...
Ditto it's slightly terrifyingHoly cow, Ceph, Conflagration, Dox! It's been a while. What's up with you guys?
I've entered that MCAT score freak out stage. 6 more days(ish) until I find out...
wow genetics in high school!? Some private school or something?I love physics! And algebra! And calculus! 😍 On the other hand, I will be taking biology (genetics) for the first time since my sophomore year in high school so we'll see how that goes.![]()
-to all, i'm just going to shoot for the 2015 MCAT.... anyone else?
I envy you guys that have already taken your MCAT!!! Im not taking mine until January 2016 because I still need to take physics 2 and Orgo. ): I will only have one shot or be stuck taking the new one over the summer! Gah!
32... 11 PS 10 VR 11 BS
Honestly I thought I'd do a bit better, but hey, it'll get me into med school.
Honestly I thought I'd do a bit better, but hey, it'll get me into med school.
.
Soo... What's everyone's schedule like this semester?
...
I'm so lonely 🙁
...
I'm so lonely 🙁
biochem
achem
intro soc
sci-fi literature
medicinal herbs/plants
tons of EC's - might be the toughest thing this semester.
*taking biochem right now and holy crap...2015 MCAT seems very scary.
achem
intro soc
sci-fi literature
medicinal herbs/plants
tons of EC's - might be the toughest thing this semester.
*taking biochem right now and holy crap...2015 MCAT seems very scary.
Yay people!
I'm taking a pretty relaxing schedule this year.
Filipino culture and history
Introductory oceanography
Sounds of New York
Diet and Nutrition
Genetics
Working in a research lab for credit
Hopefully 4 pointing this ish shouldn't be too hard.
I'm taking a pretty relaxing schedule this year.
Filipino culture and history
Introductory oceanography
Sounds of New York
Diet and Nutrition
Genetics
Working in a research lab for credit
Hopefully 4 pointing this ish shouldn't be too hard.
Biochem
Orgo 1
Physics 2
Microbiology
2 honors seminars
Orgo 1
Physics 2
Microbiology
2 honors seminars
This is interesting !!!! I will surely think about this and obviously i am in.I am not a geek but surely i will really be a part of this process. IMO looks interesting topic
But if you think that just attending class will do it is not possible you have to first understand the concept.
...huh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That sounds interesting. In my last job I worked with hundreds of Filipinos. Learned some Tagalog and ate lots of Filipino food. I worked with lots of other nationalities but the Filipinos were always the friendliest.Yay people!
I'm taking a pretty relaxing schedule this year.
Filipino culture and history
Introductory oceanography
Sounds of New York
Diet and Nutrition
Genetics
Working in a research lab for credit
Hopefully 4 pointing this ish shouldn't be too hard.
n00b user is n00b....huh?
Biochem
Orgo 1
Physics 2
Microbiology
2 honors seminars
that sounds absolutely brutal...
that sounds absolutely brutal...
Haha actually it's not too bad so far. The honors seminars are quite fun. One is about the media and the other is about scientific research. The four science class have been overlapping like crazy so far which is really cool. I'll learn about something in Biochem and then the next day have a micro lecture on it or something. Im sure it will get more difficult but I needed to get all these classes in this semester to graduate on time :/
/bumping the hell out of this thread
Hello, everyone. It's good to see you, INS! Congrats on that balanced 32! I'm planning to take the MCAT2015 in April. May hell rain.
I'm in the last of my math classes, getting a research credit in the process. This year is a last-ditch effort to curve up my mediocre GPA (~3.3). I've had an upward trend since freshman fall, so that works in my favor.
By the way, I loathe the space in the exclamation points. Is there any way we can fix it?
How is everyone?
Hello, everyone. It's good to see you, INS! Congrats on that balanced 32! I'm planning to take the MCAT2015 in April. May hell rain.

I'm in the last of my math classes, getting a research credit in the process. This year is a last-ditch effort to curve up my mediocre GPA (~3.3). I've had an upward trend since freshman fall, so that works in my favor.
By the way, I loathe the space in the exclamation points. Is there any way we can fix it?
How is everyone?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 591